Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
tjclancybn
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourself

Hello All.  I am an avid reader, a small business owner, a software architect, an artist and a science geek.

- Thomas Clancy

New User
KimbersKD
0 Kudos

Hello all I am Kim 27 from rainy Wa State... I am an animal lover as well as book lover. I dont know about everyone else but I love the smell of a bookstore Barnes and Noble being my favorite.  I look forward to chatting with people who can appreciate a good book.
~ Kimbers ~
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Or, more recently, snowy Wn. State!  Welcome to another Evergreen Stater -- there are a couple of us here.  Where in the state do you hail from?  I'm from San Juan Island, and we have another stalwart from the Ferndale area. 

KimbersKD wrote:
Hello all I am Kim 27 from rainy Wa State... I am an animal lover as well as book lover. I dont know about everyone else but I love the smell of a bookstore Barnes and Noble being my favorite.  I look forward to chatting with people who can appreciate a good book.

0 Kudos

Hello All!!  I am Lisa and live in NC.  I am a teacher and an avid reader.  I have always had a book or 3 that I am currently reading.  I have passed on my love of reading to my daughter and G-daughter!  I have a varied library and will read many genres.  I look forward to being introduced to new books here!
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Rocketwomen
0 Kudos

Hi i am Rovketwomen.  hope you have fun with all the wobnderful  people on this site  happy new year.
I lived in Las Vegas for 13 years.
I have written my true life story about my life with the help of a wounderful writer.

Thank you
Rocketwomen
Contributor
Qdaba11
0 Kudos

Hello, I've worked in bookstores, libraries, and as an independent bookseller. Bibliophile through and through...
All about, the light of the midsummer shone green through the trees, it was another world -- that's what was promised...
New User
LouisaOlde
0 Kudos

As an actress myself, the book that has had me most active in regards to working out scenes and generating ideas has been "Rowan of the Wood' by Christine and Ethan Rose. You can

find it right here on Barnes and Noble. Some of the scenes might have you laughing out loud because it blends humour with the sadness and adventure.

I agree with Everyman on many of your interests, but couldn't message you privately. Here is the site for Rowan : www.RowanoftheWood.com.

Frequent Contributor
Braguine

Qdaba11 wrote:
Hello, I've worked in bookstores, libraries, and as an independent bookseller. Bibliophile through and through...

You sound like serious stuff. Welcome aboard! :smileyvery-happy:
Alexey Braguine, author of Kingmaker
Blogger
ande
0 Kudos

A warm welcome to all the new Book Explorers! So glad you found us. Jump in and converse with us. Don't be shy. We encourage all thoughts.

ande
New User
sierra58
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm new at this posting things.  I signed up with B&N awhile back and then life swallowed me up!  I think the explorers are a great group from the posts I've read. I've been looking for people to talk about books.  I'm so glad to be here.  I find that i am often reading different books and authors from what people I know are reading. I'm happy to find sucha varied interest here.
sierra58
Contributor
Rocketwomen
0 Kudos

Hi I am happy you found us. I wrote the book Breaking My Silence: and it is my true life story my book is avable at B&N and my web site breakingmysilence.net

Nice talking to you have a great day,  Jane

I have written my true life story about my life with the help of a wounderful writer.

Thank you
Rocketwomen
New User
sammieosu72
0 Kudos

Re: pedophiles

I don't know if anyone knows this,(I am sure someone does), that you can look up in your computer and put in your neighborhood and it will show you where all pedophiles live in your area and their names etc. I can't remember the site but I am sure you could find it on google. When my kids were little I checked it out and was shocked to see that there were 2 and we lived in a nice area.
Contributor
Rocketwomen
0 Kudos

Re: pedophiles

Yes I have checked out those scum bags .

I know they are out there and they should not be aloud to live with us nice people around them, They are never healed for that sickness. I was molested when I was around three until I  was Nine. I wrote a book about it called Breaking My Silence. I am Jane McCormick .

Just google my name

Talk soon Jane

Thank you
Rocketwomen
Frequent Contributor
hayleylynnv
0 Kudos

heyy im hayley and i just started reading books !! and i love them i love a good vampire book and some dark stuff hahah but i do like the happy books too!! weelll if anyone has any good books just hit me up!!!! im getting pretty bored i just got done the midnighter series and i have been done the twilight saga i read need which is a great book if anyone was wondering and i have also read Saving Zoe that was the best book i have ever read~!!! well i deff need some more books atome lol!!
We are young
We have heart
Born in this world as it all falls apart
We are strong
We don't belong
Born in this world as it all falls apart
~Hollywood Undead~
New User
Sackett
0 Kudos

Warm Greetings to All

Hi Everyone:

As I am getting older, I am more selective about what I read.  Looking forward to participating.

New User
reesepeace
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Like most here I am an avid reader, as well as a lover of music, and a teacher.  I'm a 25 year-old North Carolinian and whenever there is a spot of free time in my schedule I pull out a book.  There probably isn't enough time in this life to read all that I wish to read, but I will certainly try!

Anywho, I'm looking forward to exploring new books and chatting with everyone!

Contributor
Rocketwomen
0 Kudos

Hi how are you? Hope you are having fun on here hope to talk to you again my name is Jane McCormick nice to hear from you. I find everyone very nice here.

have a good day Jane

Thank you
Rocketwomen
New User
AffordableBooks
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, Hoping that everyone is hanging tight on the economic woes.  We have to trust that everything is being done so that corrections are made in order to improve each of our situations. 

This was also what we wanted to emphasize ever since in our business model at Affordable Books. Just like any book enthusiast, we like reading, learning and concern on the plight of other people.

On this day and age, this is about people and alliances towards people that you have high regards.  Even on forums and book clubs over the years, we were always very selective in being pro-active.  Fortunately, in our past endeavors we have worked together with Barnes and Noble which is why we have a great respect for them and their supporters.

Have a great day and checkout our self-publish book with our publisher at::smileyhappy:

http://www.howdoyouintegratesuccess.com

Best Selling Author - Alex Esguerra is the founder of ADLE Intrnational. Some os his books are "How do you integrate success in a small business" and " Memories of an APEC Young Entrepreneur Leader".
Inspired Contributor
Kimbeey13
0 Kudos

Hello my name is Kim and I am 20. I'm hoping to be introduced to new and exciting books here. I will read anything, but I am mostly a sci-fi/fantasy fan.
New User
artistry7
0 Kudos

Hi. I am a huge arts fanatic. I love all kinds of art, especially novels and literature, and theater. I also love films, music, and fine arts as well. I am currently a working stage actor.