Contributor
Rocketwomen
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourself

Ho

O a, Jane <McCormick

I am the gal that luved the 13 years in Las Vegas with Ftrank Sinatra . i was his arm candy for 13 years keep hidden from most peopel. But new I will tell it like it was , What stayed in vegas is no more.                 Talk soon

I lived in Las Vegas for 13 years.
I have written my true life story about my life with the help of a wounderful writer.

Thank you
Rocketwomen
New User
Monkey_Magic
0 Kudos

Hello everyone i'm Kevin, a 22 year old in college. The books i could read over and over are: City Infernal, Infernal Angel, and The Journey To The West-volumes 1-4.

New User
ramblerJT
0 Kudos

hello to all---i am a 65 yr. old male needing information on a 1946 book i have acquired any help or information will be appreciated the title is lord hornblower published by little,brown and company. if you wish reply to napier510@yahoo.com 
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

What sort of information are you looking for?

What's the title?

Is it a first edition?  (Should say on the title page.)

ramblerJT wrote:
hello to all---i am a 65 yr. old male needing information on a 1946 book i have acquired any help or information will be appreciated the title is lord hornblower published by little,brown and company. if you wish reply to napier510@yahoo.com 

0 Kudos

wondering about, is it rare,  is it worth keeping--or should i donate it???   the title is Lord Hornblower (as stated originally) yes it is a first edition, author is C. S. Forester
Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

Rambler,

It is a well known book. As a first edition, it could even be valuable. You may want to consult with a book dealer.

Best

Brag

Alexey Braguine, author of Kingmaker
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

A lot depends on the condition of the book, and particularly of the dust cover.

A check on the site Alibris.com lists First Editions of Lord Hornblower in very good to excellent consdition at about $125.  (That's retail; if you sold it to a dealer you would get less than that.  Also, there's no guarantee the books will actually sell for that; that's the asking price, but may drop if the books don't sell.)    However, First Edition copies in fair to poor condition, or without dust covers, can be bought for $1.99.  

So its condition makes a LOT of difference!

Good luck.

ramblerJT wrote:
wondering about, is it rare,  is it worth keeping--or should i donate it???   the title is Lord Hornblower (as stated originally) yes it is a first edition, author is C. S. Forester

0 Kudos

Thanks to one and all, had no idea wfere to go too check.  Will back out and put the book on the shelf--all help very appreciated.  May all grace go with everyone
New User
cathyheathcliff
0 Kudos

Hello,I'm brand spanking new to this sight.I have 2 great kids.I love to read.....words,words,words.How I love them.I'll read anything.I recently went back to school to get my high school diploma.I'm hoping to finish soon and then go to school to be a librarian.I don't have any friends who like to read.So I was very happy when I found this sight.I hope I can find some people to discuss books with.Looking foward to reading what others have to say on their favorites and mine.

cathyheathcliff
Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

cathyheathcliff wrote:

Hello,I'm brand spanking new to this sight.I have 2 great kids.I love to read.....words,words,words.How I love them.I'll read anything.I recently went back to school to get my high school diploma.I'm hoping to finish soon and then go to school to be a librarian.I don't have any friends who like to read.So I was very happy when I found this sight.I hope I can find some people to discuss books with.Looking foward to reading what others have to say on their favorites and mine.

Cathyheathcliff,

Welcome aboard. Your plan is admirable. Carry on reading and studying. Your life will be richer for it.

Contributor
Rocketwomen
0 Kudos

Hi I am the lady that wrot Breaking My Silence:

It is a story about Jane McCormick that lived in  Las Vegas for 13 years . And was in a very abusive life. You shaould read this one. Ir will help other young girls .  Best jane

I have written my true life story about my life with the help of a wounderful writer.

Thank you
Rocketwomen
New User
PhotoD86
0 Kudos

Hello all, I am 22 years old and live in Pennsylvania.  I am new to this site and am open to any book suggestions you may have.  I love historical fiction, sciencefiction/fantasy, romance, photography books and religion books. I work full time at a daycare, and am going to start nursing school soon, so any books in those fields that you might suggest would be appreciated as well. Thank you, PhotoD86 
Contributor
Rocketwomen
0 Kudos

Hi it is so nice to meet you. I hope you find lotes of verygood books here  I have a true life story about my life in Vegas and it is called Breakingmysilence.net  Jappy hunting Jane

Thank you
Rocketwomen
Contributor
Piscean_Wolf_Lover
0 Kudos

Hello, my name is Lorraine, I'm 25 and practically live at Barnes and Noble! Seriously, when I get paid, I just give them my paycheck!!!

I also live in Pembroke Pines, FL. I always give my location on here [well I'm new] because I want to create/join a club in Pembroke Pines and was wondering if there is anyone who would want to join or has a club I can join.

I love books and now I have SOME time to read. Please feel free to email/message me.

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Welcome, Lorraine. :smileyhappy: If you are interested in forming a face-to-face group I would start by talking to the CRM or CRM rep of your local B&N.  They are well-placed to advertise such a group to the other shoppers (who might also be wondering the same that you posted about) and help provide space for the meetings.

Piscean_Wolf_Lover wrote:

Hello, my name is Lorraine, I'm 25 and practically live at Barnes and Noble! Seriously, when I get paid, I just give them my paycheck!!!

I also live in Pembroke Pines, FL. I always give my location on here [well I'm new] because I want to create/join a club in Pembroke Pines and was wondering if there is anyone who would want to join or has a club I can join.

I love books and now I have SOME time to read. Please feel free to email/message me.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Welcome all!

On Ande's behalf, I'd like to welcome all the new users to Book Explorers!  Ande has unfortuitously been overwhelmed with some events in her personal life but Jon assured me she'll be back in business in the near future.  In the mean time, feel free to explore the existing threads in the group (or make a new one if you find a book or publishing related item of interest). 

Ande heads up the Literary Ventures Fund (LVF) which helps provide authors and publishers with advertising and marketing assistance (for a start).  A number of the books the LVF has helped with are linked in the LVF thread on the front page.

In addition, check out the other groups here at BNBC.  Whether it's reading or writing we've got just about everything covered. 

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
New User
BookBum
0 Kudos

hello everyone. Im Justin, 45.father of 3. Reading is my true passion any genre will do I just love reading. I once read the autobiography of author Louise L'Amour who said in the forties he used to hobo around and get odd jobs for 1 dollar a day. spend 15 cents on food and buy paper backs with the rest. I can totally relate

New User
BookBum
0 Kudos

the autobiographyEducation of a Wandering Man   is very interesting reading
Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

Bookbum!

Interesting observations. I find that writers who travel write the more interesting books. Oddly enough, recently I've heard a lot of talk on the subject of travel by writers and how this influences writing. In the next thirty days I've been booked for three online appearances to talk on the subject. I am in Chile right now and will see if they have the L'Amour biography in the library (I sort of doubt it :smileytongue: )

New User
Nightspelle
0 Kudos

Hi and Hello!  I am 26 years old and I really want to join a book club!  Obviously I share the love of reading and books with everyone here.  Just finished The Time Traveler's Wife.  I am always looking for my next good read!  I will definitely check out the list of recommendations!