Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Blogger
ande
0 Kudos

Re: To the Author of Kingmaker

vivico1 wrote:
My fault then Ande, and I got time, I will remove my post. :smileywink: Then you can take it off yours too and hopefully no harm no foul. Sorry.

No prob. I need all the help I can get keeping our clubhouse tidy.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

pedophiles

I don't know if any of you want to see this, but on Oprah right now, she is doing a whole show on pedophiles in the United States, online one, things they are doing and also the ones that are just a neighbor, like Lionel. She is talking to three girls that were molested by this one man. Its a frank graphic talk and I know some of you get Oprah late at night, like I do also. I don't watch her all the time but I know that this one, that is on right now, will be on the late night one tonight if you want to see it. It is incredible how many are out there and how much gets onto the internet and around the country in just one day, they show a graph. Anyway, just thought I would let you know.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Blogger
ande
0 Kudos

Re: pedophiles

vivico1 wrote:
I don't know if any of you want to see this, but on Oprah right now, she is doing a whole show on pedophiles in the United States, online one, things they are doing and also the ones that are just a neighbor, like Lionel. She is talking to three girls that were molested by this one man. Its a frank graphic talk and I know some of you get Oprah late at night, like I do also. I don't watch her all the time but I know that this one, that is on right now, will be on the late night one tonight if you want to see it. It is incredible how many are out there and how much gets onto the internet and around the country in just one day, they show a graph. Anyway, just thought I would let you know.

This is a topic Oprah has done before and about which she feels very strongly. She has been very public about the fact that she was abused as a child and takes a no-holds barred approach on her show.
Reader
Skyler
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi Everyone,

So glad to have this book club. Have been looking for someone to discuss books I am reading, books to be read (those recommended by others), and favorite authors. Love to read. Love to join in the adventure found within the pages of books. Favorite subjects are history, biography, mystery, and adventure. A few favorite authors are Jan Karon, David G. McCullough, Ann Rice, Bob Woodward, and an occasional Danielle Steele. I agree there are so many books to be read and so little time. My favorite places to visit, other than my friends, are libraries, museums, and book stores. Looking forward to stimulating conversational threads....  

Skyler
Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

Hi,  I introduced myself a while ago but have been absent for sometime. I didn't get the book Featherman although I do have it now. I am currently reading The Green Knight  by Irish Murdoch. I am enjoying the book. It is eccentric and interesting. I have read and taught Sir Gawain and the Green Knight which has helped me in understanding some of the symbolism in the novel.

I live in NJ, am from NC, read constantly, and teach high school English.

Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt
Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!

This is my first venture in the bookclub section on B&N.   I have a full time job during the day and a part time job 2 nights a week so I don't have a lot of time to read.   I usually read 2 books at a time - one fiction and one nonfiction.   I am currently reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and Three Cups of Tea. 

Both of these are fantastic reads.  

Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Welcome, scnole.  We'll be happy with whatever time you can spend here!

I hadn't heard of either of those books -- will have to look them up.

scnole wrote:

Hello Everyone!

This is my first venture in the bookclub section on B&N.   I have a full time job during the day and a part time job 2 nights a week so I don't have a lot of time to read.   I usually read 2 books at a time - one fiction and one nonfiction.   I am currently reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and Three Cups of Tea. 

Both of these are fantastic reads.  

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I'm Cheryl from MA. I'm a 41 year old  nurse as well as a teachers aide. I have been exploring the forums and found that this one suits me the best. I enjoy reading all types of genre. I always wanted to get involved with a book club offline but I am not the fastest reader. I envy people who can zip through a book in a day (my mom was one of those people but that gene was never passed on to me :smileywink: ) I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Cher

Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome aboard. I'm a slow reader, too. I lake to savor books. :smileyvery-happy:

Alexey Braguine, author of Kingmaker
New User
Kylee-in-CT
0 Kudos

ande wrote:
Say hello to everyone.

hi!

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C.S. Lewis
http://kylees2009.blogspot.com/
Blogger
ande
0 Kudos

Greeting and very warm welcomes to all the new Book Explorers! I think you'll enjoy it here.

Ande
New User
Skyler96
0 Kudos

Cher,

Welcome!! I like to savor books, myself. Some books I can zip through in a day or two, but most I linger through and aborb as much as I am able. I like to understand personalities and customs of the book's characters. This site seems to fit me best. Looking forward to future posts. Skyler

Frequent Contributor
PinkBaby
0 Kudos

hey im interested in book explorers could you tell me if your doing a special book for december. thankyou very much.                       sara :smileyvery-happy:
Contributor
Rocketwomen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by ande on 11-24-2008 07:48 PM
I lived in Las Vegas for 13 years.
I have written my true life story about my life with the help of a wounderful writer.

Thank you
Rocketwomen
Contributor
Rocketwomen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by ande on 11-24-2008 07:47 PM
I have written my true life story about my life with the help of a wounderful writer.

Thank you
Rocketwomen
Blogger
ande
0 Kudos

Greetings and welcome to Book Explorers!

No, nothing special for the month of December. Just our everyday specialness:smileywink:

Ande
Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

ande wrote:
Greetings and welcome to Book Explorers!
No, nothing special for the month of December. Just our everyday specialness:smileywink:
Ande

Yah! We is specialz  :smileyvery-happy:

New User
Malaguena
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone!  I'm new to the B&N book clubs but have been looking for a great forum for discussing books of all genres, especially when the discussions turn me on to great works I've never heard of before!  I also love writing.  Looking forward to learning more about the group!
Contributor
Rocketwomen
0 Kudos

Hi I am very happy to talk to you also. Book clubs are so much fun.

Best  Jane

Thank you
Rocketwomen
Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

Have a happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :smileyhappy: