Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Blogger
ande
0 Kudos

Thank you, Lynn Stegner

It was so great having you -- and some very thoughtful readers -- with us for this last month. Please visit us and add your sharp insights and graceful writing whenever you'd like. Thank you!
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Re: Thank you, Lynn Stegner

I wanted to second that.

Thank you very much, Lynn, for sharing your insightful thoughts and incisive writing with us. Kate Riley is joining a large cast of unforgettable, irritating, maddening, passionately and emotionally demanding characters, who have, on many levels, reflected back to me some of these very same traits in myself.

I look forward to reading more of your grace-filled writing.
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Author
lynnstegner
0 Kudos

Ande, thank you for your closing words. This has been a great venue for a very interesting, very intelligent self-selected group of readers. A writer's day is filled with silence and solitude, and except for reviews and the occasional note from a friend, the two-way radio that a book represents goes mostly one way. How splendid to actually HEAR what readers are thinking about what one has written.

Learn more about Because a Fire Was in My Head.
Author
lynnstegner
0 Kudos

And Ibis, thank you for being what used to be known modestly as "a good reader." Nowadays one is tempted to add or replace with multisyllabic superlatives, but I suspect you would appreciate the older term and its sufficiency in describing the reader who really READS.

Learn more about Because a Fire Was in My Head.