New User
judey
0 Kudos

The book" eat pray love"

Am I too slow to know this book? I read some introdcutions on this book. sounds a terrific book for women over 30's. I would like to look for this book. Is there anyone would like to share ideas with me on this book. I am starting to read it.
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Re: The book" eat pray love"

Hi Judey
Like thousands of other women, I've read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I highly recommend it because she is a wonderful writer, and her likeable personality comes through crystal clear. I'm usually not sympathetic with women who bare their soul in public confessionals... who are these guests who visit Dr. Phil? Where does he find them?

But Elizabeth Gilbert is so much more.. she's not just a whiner... she actually picks herself up, and pro-actively sets out to solve her emotional dilemmas. And she does it in a winsome, winning manner, very well written, and amazingly interesting.

Let me know how you like it.
IBIS
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Frequent Contributor
Aunt_Beth_64
0 Kudos

Hi Judey-

Are you still reading Eat, Pray, Love and looking for someone to discuss it with? I am about a third of the way through the book and think it is fantastic! It is more than Gilbert's writing style--I do love her descriptions and self-effacing humor--what I like is that I can identify with her struggle to find her true self and learn from her experiences.

If you want to discuss the book in more detail let me know!

Beth
Frequent Contributor
Timbuktu1
0 Kudos

IBIS wrote:
Hi Judey
Like thousands of other women, I've read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I highly recommend it because she is a wonderful writer, and her likeable personality comes through crystal clear. I'm usually not sympathetic with women who bare their soul in public confessionals... who are these guests who visit Dr. Phil? Where does he find them?

But Elizabeth Gilbert is so much more.. she's not just a whiner... she actually picks herself up, and pro-actively sets out to solve her emotional dilemmas. And she does it in a winsome, winning manner, very well written, and amazingly interesting.

Let me know how you like it.
IBIS

Ditto.