Frequent Contributor
heybaby
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading?

I tried to read The Host again but I finally gave up. I have tried this book 2 times now. I made it further this time. It is just not my thing. So I am currently reading The Story of a Marriage and The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

"The wonderful thing about not planning, is failure comes as a complete surprise, and is not preceded by a period of worry or depression."
Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

I'm reading "The Book Thief". It started off a little different than any book I've ever read before but I'm truely enjoying it so far.
To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. - Edmund Burke
New User
A-Dara
0 Kudos

If I may have the liberty of expressing my opinion I would just like to say that The Book Thief is one of the best books I have read, and I hope you enjoy it.  I provides a new perspective in World War Two literature and is, as you said, very different from most books.
Contributor
frenchbluehen
0 Kudos

I am currently reading "Left to Tell" by Immaculee Ilibagaza.  It is about her experience with the Rwandan genocide in 1994.  It is very spiritual, despite the grim theme.  I am in the thick of it now, and I find myself unable to put it down...if it weren't for that pesky "job", or any other reason to sleep, I would have finished it by now. 

It comes (so-far) highly recommended.

Frequent Contributor
jaimi1
0 Kudos

I just finished The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman (non-fiction) and am still reading The Bastard of Istanbul by Elif Shafak. They are both very readable and so interesting in their respective genres.

jaimi

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

I am reading Seven Types of Ambiguity by Perlman. Has anyone else read it?

twj

New User
greg1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi all. I was curious to find out if anyone here has read "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court", by Mark Twain. I just finished reading a preview of the 1st page - it looks pretty intriguing so far. If you've read it, please let me know your thoughts about it - did you like, dislike? Thanks, Greg
Message Edited by greg1 on 05-12-2009 09:15 PM
Contributor
Kay228
0 Kudos

I just finished Lamb by Christopher Moore and Happiness Sold Separately

I am now reading The Doctors Wife which i must say is EXCELLENT and i will recommend it to EVERYone.

I just recieved 5 more Christopher Moore books in the mail along with Dreamside so those will all be next.

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

I am currently reading The Dark Side by Jane Mayer. Has anyone read it?
New User
nixiebooxie
0 Kudos

pjpick - thrity umrigar is one of my favorites.

Space between us being my preferred.

Enjoy!

Contributor
Bookworm1279
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy: I am reading 39 Clues they are by different authors. So far I am hooked on reading these yes they are for younger people but hey these are pretty good reads. Once I start reading I do not want to stop.:smileytongue: