Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
naturesbookworm
0 Kudos

i need a new book

hey does anybody know of a good fantasy book that yes i read books by there covers if u find one please tell me. here are some ive read:
                                                leven thumps series:12and3 waiten on 4
                                                the fire within series:12and3 waiten for the fir eternal
                                                inkheart1and2 waiten on 3 inkdeath cant wait!
                                                all the spiderwick chronicles
                                                the artemis fowl series
                                                the inheritence cycle
                                                the septimes heap series
                                                atherton the house of power which is good
                                                the edge chronicles
                                                and many many more
i love good covers so hook me up wid a book, thnx
"Stacks of books were piled high all over the house - not just arranged in neat rows on bookshelfs, the way other people kept them, oh no! The books in Mo and Meggie's house were stacked under tables, on chairs, in the corners of rooms. There were books in the kitchen and books in the lavartory. Books on the tv set and in the closet, small piles of books, tall piles of books, books thick and thin, books old and new." --inkheart
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Re: i need a new book

Do you want adult fantasy or teen?  All the series you've listed are normally shelved in the kids/teens section of the bookstore.

You might also want to cross-post this in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy board.

naturesbookworm wrote:
hey does anybody know of a good fantasy book that yes i read books by there covers if u find one please tell me. here are some ive read:
                                                the artemis fowl series
                                                the inheritence cycle
                                                the septimes heap series
                                                the edge chronicles
                                                and many many more

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
naturesbookworm
0 Kudos

yes i like fantasy just the overall conception of "fantasy" like inkheart and inkspell those type fantasy. and yea some of my fav books do come from the kids sections but hey i can still be a kid inside and any books u can mention i would realy apriciate it
"Stacks of books were piled high all over the house - not just arranged in neat rows on bookshelfs, the way other people kept them, oh no! The books in Mo and Meggie's house were stacked under tables, on chairs, in the corners of rooms. There were books in the kitchen and books in the lavartory. Books on the tv set and in the closet, small piles of books, tall piles of books, books thick and thin, books old and new." --inkheart
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

I think you should read some Tolkein if you haven't already.  There is a Tolkein group that is just finishing with The Hobbit and will be starting The Fellowship of the Ring this month.  They love Tolkein "newbies" :smileyvery-happy:

naturesbookworm wrote:
yes i like fantasy just the overall conception of "fantasy" like inkheart and inkspell those type fantasy. and yea some of my fav books do come from the kids sections but hey i can still be a kid inside and any books u can mention i would realy apriciate it

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
naturesbookworm
0 Kudos

haha k thnx i appriciate it!:smileyhappy:
Contributor
Merryworld
0 Kudos

I recommend Terry Pratchet's books. He has a series called Discworld. Two of my favorites are The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents and A Hat Full of Sky. The first discworld book The Color of Magic is being turned into a movie. You don't have to read them in order and some are better than others.

Neil Gaiman is also excellent.
Frequent Contributor
karinlib
0 Kudos

I love the new author, Gail Z. Martin.  She has written two books so far:

The Summoner (book1  of  the Chronicles of the Necromancer). The Blood King is the 2nd in series.  This is a comfortable fantasy, if you have already read Tolkien,  David Edding's Belgariad series, or Terry Brooks, Ms Martin will feel familiar. The cover to the Summoner is awesome.  I think that is why I picked it up, and I am so glad I did. I read the book in one day (and well into the night).
MDS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.  I've recently written a new fantasy novel with a cool cover.... NEVAEH by MD Sanford.  If you read it I'd really like to hear what you think.  Thanks.  Gotta go.....baby's climbing the book shelf. 
Frequent Contributor
naturesbookworm
0 Kudos

wow i just looked at the book wow that looks good ima pick it up and read it!
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

Try Twilight if u haven't already.
books u might like, that r teen fantasy:
Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr(the sequel 2 Wicked Lovely)
The Faeries Path(i dont know the author cuz i havent read it yet)

that all i could think up right now. t hope this help!!!!!! :smileyhappy:
**DLN**
Contributor
pennmlc
0 Kudos

Try Madeliene L'Engle A  Wrinkle in Time and several others inthe series.  Also the series--His Dark Materials--they made the golden compass into a movie but there are two more in the series.  I agree the discworld series is awesome and so are the Nursery Crime Division Series by Jasper Fforde.
Blogger
ande
0 Kudos

A Wrinkle in Time -- one of my favorites.

Ande
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

someone told me about a movie called the secret of roan inish. it is based on a book by rosalie fry, called the secret of ron mor skerry and also published as child of the western isles. .

the movie is supposed to be good so you might want to find it too. it is an independent film. 

this is an excerpt from the book. http://echoes.devin.com/selkie/ronmor.html
i hope this is helpful.
whoops, i just found this website. http://www.feralchildren.com/en/listbooks.php?bk=fry1995 it actually offers the book but it is very expensive. i don't know why. maybe you can actually find an online version on some website..

naturesbookworm wrote:
                                                the artemis fowl series
                                                the inheritence cycle
                                                the septimes heap series
                                                the edge chronicles
                                                and many many more