Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Starting Discussions on Classics Boards

Our moderators, Ilana and Bob, encourage us to start discussions on the Classics boards.

Laurel, I thought you were joking, but I see Psmith is actually a character in a series of novels by P. G. Wodehouse!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=psmith

Laurel wrote:
I think Pmath has done just that with Pnorth and Psouth, and I am glad to see that Everyman has just vounteered for Pmiddlemarch. Anyone for Psmith? With the novels, especially, I think we have enough talented people here that we don't need to be led by the hand every step of the way.

Everyman wrote:
I see no reason why a person with a passion for a book and a willingess to organize a discussion couldn't step forward, start a thread, say for example "I will moderate a discussion of Eliot's Middlemarch starting on February 1st," and go for it.

We are all educated people, and many of us have leadership and organizational expertise and experience. Why do we have to sit around like sheep waiting for BN to assign us an official moderator?

Choose a book, set a time giving people enough time to get the book and start reading, and Just Do It!

Frequent Contributor
donyskiw
0 Kudos

Re: E Lee : What happened to Cranford? or Frankenstein?

That's exactly how I feel E.Lee. I'm not sure I want to keep doing this. Participating in BN Book Discussions is supposed to be a past time, not a major life endeavor.

Denise
Frequent Contributor
ELee
0 Kudos

Denise: what, you have other things to do? (kidding!!)

Yeah, where are those elves and servants anyway? You have a cat; I have two dogs - maybe we should spray them with Pledge and do a few laps around the house?
Scribe
Laurel
0 Kudos

Re: Starting Discussions on Classics Boards

I think of old Psmith everytime I see your moniker, and I just couldn't help myself. :smileywink:

pmath wrote:

Laurel, I thought you were joking, but I see Psmith is actually a character in a series of novels by P. G. Wodehouse!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=psmith

"Truth must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind, and therefore is congenial to it." ~~G.K. Chesterton
Frequent Contributor
donyskiw
0 Kudos

Re: Denise: what, you have other things to do? (kidding!!)

Hey, there's an idea! I could just toss a bunch of toy mice around (I could spray them with pledge, too) just before I leave for work in the morning! Now, how do I get a cat to do dishes?

Denise
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

You mean your cats don't lick them clean? I have to wash the dishes right away/put them in the dishwasher to keep my two fur-balls from eating things they shouldn't! :smileytongue:

donyskiw wrote:
Hey, there's an idea! I could just toss a bunch of toy mice around (I could spray them with pledge, too) just before I leave for work in the morning! Now, how do I get a cat to do dishes?

Denise

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
donyskiw
0 Kudos

My cat is overweight and he is on a diet! I'm sure he'd be happy to lick the dishes clean. Now, how do you get the cats to do laundry? I've left the clothes in the bedroom but he hasn't folded them and put them away yet. He's just not doing his share!!!

Denise
Scribe
Laurel
0 Kudos

donyskiw wrote:
Now, how do you get the cats to do laundry? I've left the clothes in the bedroom but he hasn't folded them and put them away yet. He's just not doing his share!!!

Denise

He's doing a nice job of keeping them warm, though, isn't he?
"Truth must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind, and therefore is congenial to it." ~~G.K. Chesterton
Frequent Contributor
donyskiw
0 Kudos

Oh, I forgot! Laundry is a cat bed!

Denise
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:54 members 428 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: