Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Re: Update

donyskiw wrote:
I remember the description you gave of your home and library. I'd pray to get snowbound if I lived there!

You're welcome to come get snowbound in our guest room any time we have enough snow to qualify!

And yes, I do realize how fortunate I am. I just feel sorry for people who have so much but never stop to enjoy it in their perpetual pursuit of more.
0 Kudos

I agree with you about those people who don't realize how lucky they are. I don't have my dream home yet but I'm sure grateful for the transition home I have now. I actually like where I live even if there are a bunch of details I don't like (such as the colder than usual winter we've been having). I just remember to be grateful for heat. How many people don't have that?

Denise

Everyman wrote:

donyskiw wrote:
I remember the description you gave of your home and library. I'd pray to get snowbound if I lived there!

You're welcome to come get snowbound in our guest room any time we have enough snow to qualify!

And yes, I do realize how fortunate I am. I just feel sorry for people who have so much but never stop to enjoy it in their perpetual pursuit of more.

Frequent Contributor
donyskiw
0 Kudos

The frigid air is tough for me, too, because I still have four single pane windows. I need to get them changed this summer so next winter's fuel bills aren't so high.

Denise

LizzieAnn wrote:
Well the snow hasn't come yet, but it's on its way. I could deal with the snow itself actually. It's the frigid temperatures that I hate. It gives the snow a crust of ice, and it's just too cold to enjoy the fresh air!

donyskiw wrote:
I don't actually get snowbound. Living in Denver, we're always equipped to get out and about no matter how bad the weather is. Last December, the worst it got, I was in for about a day. That happened twice. And that's happened only once before in the past ten years.

Denise

Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

P&P - Volume 2 Update

[ Edited ]
Just a reminder that on Thursday, we will be introducing Volume 2 into our discussion.

If your book is not broken up into volumes, Volume 2 is comprised of chapters 24-42.

Within postings, please indicate both chapter numbers. For example, Chapter 1 (24) or Chapter 19 (42). Thank you!

Message Edited by LizzieAnn on 02-20-200703:16 PM

Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 680 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: