Reply
Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
Posts: 427
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Alvirah Meehan

We really do need a special area for us to discuss Alvirah. Carol has expressed how much fun Alvirah is for her. How is Alvirah fun for the reader?
____________________________________________
Clare Payton, Moderator
Barnes & Noble Book Clubs
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Alvirah Meehan

Alvirah is so vibrant! In every scene she appears, it seems to make the situation lighter and brighter. She is spunky and so funny! I can't remember if she is decribed in the novel . I can't remember. But I see her as this bountiful little women, alittle hefty, not alot. But running around eyeing everything as if something is always happening and she needs to investigate. She definitely is my favorite character in this story. And I am so glad Mary Higgins Clark did not kill her or her husband off when she first wrote her character. She is definitely a winning character.
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,012
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Alvirah Meehan

I love the Alvirah books that Carol and her mother have created. She is a busy woman; one never to stand still and always gets in trouble with the crooks one way or another. She doesn't seem your typical lottery winner and is careful to give out money to special charities and organizations. She's a real sweet gal!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Author CHC
Author
CHC
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-04-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Alvirah Meehan



maxcat wrote:
I love the Alvirah books that Carol and her mother have created. She is a busy woman; one never to stand still and always gets in trouble with the crooks one way or another. She doesn't seem your typical lottery winner and is careful to give out money to special charities and organizations. She's a real sweet gal!




My mother and I get such a kick out of Alvirah. She does always get into trouble, doesn't she? She also doesn't count on the money. Alvirah has bought a new apartment on Central Park South in New York City but keeps her old one, "just in case New York's lottery money dries up!"

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Discover all Mary Higgins Clark and
Carol Higgins Clark titles.


Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,898
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Alvirah Meehan



clarepayton wrote:
We really do need a special area for us to discuss Alvirah. Carol has expressed how much fun Alvirah is for her. How is Alvirah fun for the reader?


I really do like the 'sleuthing' of characters like of Alvirah. A character that can be in the midst of all the termoil, with bad things happening around them, and be un-assuming and sneaky while pulling the plot along. I only wanted to see more of Alvirah, slipping in and around the ship, following the trail of the bad guys. And maybe a little less of the rest of the sleuthing cast. She did seem to be in the wrong places, at the wrong times, didn't she?lol I've forgotten, but how old is Alvirah now?
Author CHC
Author
CHC
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-04-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Alvirah Meehan



KathyS wrote:


clarepayton wrote:
We really do need a special area for us to discuss Alvirah. Carol has expressed how much fun Alvirah is for her. How is Alvirah fun for the reader?


I really do like the 'sleuthing' of characters like of Alvirah. A character that can be in the midst of all the termoil, with bad things happening around them, and be un-assuming and sneaky while pulling the plot along. I only wanted to see more of Alvirah, slipping in and around the ship, following the trail of the bad guys. And maybe a little less of the rest of the sleuthing cast. She did seem to be in the wrong places, at the wrong times, didn't she?lol I've forgotten, but how old is Alvirah now?




Alvirah has been in her early sixties for about twenty years now!!!

CHC

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Discover all Mary Higgins Clark and
Carol Higgins Clark titles.


Contributor
piekid
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Alvirah Meehan


CHC wrote:


KathyS wrote:


clarepayton wrote:
We really do need a special area for us to discuss Alvirah. Carol has expressed how much fun Alvirah is for her. How is Alvirah fun for the reader?


I really do like the 'sleuthing' of characters like of Alvirah. A character that can be in the midst of all the termoil, with bad things happening around them, and be un-assuming and sneaky while pulling the plot along. I only wanted to see more of Alvirah, slipping in and around the ship, following the trail of the bad guys. And maybe a little less of the rest of the sleuthing cast. She did seem to be in the wrong places, at the wrong times, didn't she?lol I've forgotten, but how old is Alvirah now?




Alvirah has been in her early sixties for about twenty years now!!!

CHC




So has my Grandmother! haha (Couldn't help it, had to make that joke!)

~Tiff
Author CHC
Author
CHC
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-04-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Alvirah Meehan

Good for your grandmother!!!

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Discover all Mary Higgins Clark and
Carol Higgins Clark titles.


Users Online
Currently online: 21 members 260 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: