BN Editor
LitEditor
0 Kudos

Greed Will Get You!

As we learn, someone has risked everything to smuggle two criminals on board the Santa Cruise. He will have a big payday if it works. But if it doesn't, he'll lose everything. Why are people willing to take such risks?

Click on "Reply" to post your thoughts about this discussion topic, or click "New Message" on the main page to start a new topic thread.

See the latest news about book clubs in the Book Clubs Blog.
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Greed Will Get You!

I think it's a matter of money. That's greed right there. If they succeed in their plot, someone gets a lot of money.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

In every corner, crevice or crack, there is the enemy we call greed. It is everywhere. I think of it as the worldly sin especially of our generation. Why do we want so much in this day and time. I know, I am guilty of this too. We want it all, now not later, yea I am thinking of credit cards and such. But if you think of the creditors, they are worse at greed than we are with their crumped up charges and gimicks to get you hooked. And for me, it doesnt take much. I love things, so I can shop until I literally drop. And at 63, that ain't hard to do. And easily I could drop in debt, me on a pension and all that! Greed comes into play when we are lonely, feel very vunable about our life. We focus on the wrong things to make ourlife seem happier or fuller. We relate to wealth as being fulfilled with forever happiness. I have heard the richest people are not at that point either. But it sounds so wonderful to hear of other sucess stories. We want to get there so bad, we turn to greedy ways of getting on top of it. But in the long run, greed Will get you before most likely, you get rich, and never will be satisfied on the inside where it counts.
Contributor
piekid
0 Kudos

Too many people want the "easy money" I suppose. Riches without sweat. The easier and faster it is, and the higher the amount, the better. I know I'd prefer to not have to get up every weekday and trudge to work, but luckily I'm not plotting something criminal to get out of doing it. Some people will do anything to avoid work. So greed and laziness go well together, maybe?

I liked how at the end he realized that it was a stupid thing to do, and that he had all kinds of good things going for him if he had given the ship and cruises his time and attention, instead of following his greed and going for the quick money. Goes to show you may end up with what you want if you follow the familiar path you currently tread, instead of taking stupid risks in unknown waters.

~Tiff
Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

piekid wrote:
Too many people want the "easy money" I suppose. Riches without sweat. The easier and faster it is, and the higher the amount, the better. I know I'd prefer to not have to get up every weekday and trudge to work, but luckily I'm not plotting something criminal to get out of doing it. Some people will do anything to avoid work. So greed and laziness go well together, maybe?

I liked how at the end he realized that it was a stupid thing to do, and that he had all kinds of good things going for him if he had given the ship and cruises his time and attention, instead of following his greed and going for the quick money. Goes to show you may end up with what you want if you follow the familiar path you currently tread, instead of taking stupid risks in unknown waters.

~Tiff

Eric was spoiled. He figured a few million for four days of stress was worth it! Highbridge also didn't need to cheat people. He had plenty of money. He just did it for the fun of it but it cost him in the end as well.

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Discover all Mary Higgins Clark and
Carol Higgins Clark titles.

Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 680 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: