Frequent Contributor
mildone
0 Kudos

Re: compare?

Ziki,
I will be undergoing surgery this Wednesday and will be confined to the hosital for about a week. My wife will be reading "Santa Cruise" and keeping me up to date. It is hard for me to express what I really mean without hand signals. I am Italian. What I did mean was that I will be able to compare her comments with the participants when I am able, later on, to go the computer. I am always impressed with the insights of the participants. Since I am a male I miss many clues and isights that you and your fellow readers bring to my attention. We males are clueless and need to be unclued.(Is there such a word?)
Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Re: mildone and spouse

Mildone, you don't seem clueless to us, but now we are very curious to hear what happens as you compare notes with your spouse. Do women and men really read books differently? See different things? I don't know, but we'd enjoy hearing about your "experiment" as it progresses.
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: mildone and spouse

Yes, Mildone, this is very interesting! Can't wait to hear how the experiment goes!
And also good luck with your surgury. Hope everything goes well! Linda (Va.)
Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

Mildone,

I wish you the best with your surgery and will be thinking of you tomorrow.
You're not clueless at all. We'd love to hear your impressions of the book!

CHC

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Discover all Mary Higgins Clark and
Carol Higgins Clark titles.

SG
New User
SG
0 Kudos

mildone wrote:
Ziki,
I will be undergoing surgery this Wednesday and will be confined to the hosital for about a week. My wife will be reading "Santa Cruise" and keeping me up to date. It is hard for me to express what I really mean without hand signals. I am Italian. What I did mean was that I will be able to compare her comments with the participants when I am able, later on, to go the computer. I am always impressed with the insights of the participants. Since I am a male I miss many clues and isights that you and your fellow readers bring to my attention. We males are clueless and need to be unclued.(Is there such a word?)

Oh- that is so funny! I am not Italian (though, I married one), but I understand the need to use hand signals and facial expressions. It's hard to be able to express what we mean on the computer screen.
Contributor
piekid
0 Kudos

Re: Introductions

CHC wrote:
Hi Tiff!

Sorry we won't be in Las Vegas for a book signing. It was great meeting you out there. Glad you're breaking your rule about buying yourself something around Christmas. I'm so glad you're with us!

CHC

Thanks for joining us Carol, having the author among our numbers is always a treat. This is a bad time for book signings I'd bet, travel being crazy and you'd probably prefer to stay home to Christmas shop and see family anyway. No worries there, I'm sure I'll catch you when you're in Vegas next. I enjoyed Santa Cruise and am glad to be here also. Thanks.

~Tiff
Reader
sunnyshyne19972
0 Kudos

Hi, My name is Debbie I'm a mother of 2 adult children and a grandmother of 3 children. I'm from Massachusetts and I live down the cape. I love 2 read and this is the first time I've joined a bookclub on line. I'm not sure what I'm suppose 2 do. Could someone just let me know. Well I hope everyone have a safe holiday and a safe new year. Debbie
Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

sunnyshyne19972 wrote:
Hi, My name is Debbie I'm a mother of 2 adult children and a grandmother of 3 children. I'm from Massachusetts and I live down the cape. I love 2 read and this is the first time I've joined a bookclub on line. I'm not sure what I'm suppose 2 do. Could someone just let me know. Well I hope everyone have a safe holiday and a safe new year. Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the club! Cape Cod is beautiful. My family has been going there for years! I think that you just have to read through the messages and click reply to any message that you'd like to respond to. Give it a try. If you're having trouble, let us know. Happy Holidays! Carol Higgins Clark

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Discover all Mary Higgins Clark and
Carol Higgins Clark titles.

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: compare--aha

[ Edited ]
Hi mildone,

although the women here politely assured you that you are not clueless, I as a woman assure you that I know perfectly well why you might at least on occasions feel clueless.
And it is groovy that you admit it because that simple 'deed' opens up for a possible meeting.

I can feel clueless when it comes to men and their approach to different life situations.
And the worst is when I get so perplexed that I do not even ask my questions!

When it comes to reading books together with others, I agree that others can bring out such new viewpoints that I wouldn't discover if I read only on my own. That is what I like about these discussions. They force me to reflect.

I do hope that you indeed will become unclued. There is such a word if we create it,heheh.

I hope that your medical adventure went well and that you'll have the time to read and compare. I didn't read this particular book so I can't contribute to the discussion.
If you happen to make any interesting discoveries, please share. As I understand this space will remain open even after a new year.It's good to hear what you think.

For now I wish you and all others here a happy and healthy new year.

ziki
without any body language :-)

Message Edited by ziki on 12-30-200606:13 PM

Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 752 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: