Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Introductions

Hi, everyone! Feel free to introduce yourselves here, or say "hi" to regulars!
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Introductions

Hi, I'm Chris from Charlotte, NC. I love to read a lot and knit and cross stitch. This Christmas, I made my first stuffed animal; it's a cat with reindeer antlers holding a stocking. Cute as can be!.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Reader
hmr1126
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Heather from New York - glad to be hear. I look forward to reading Mary and Carol Higgins Clark's holiday books every year. I am just starting the book. Glad to be here!
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi Clare, nice seeing you here!

I'm Kathy S. from Southern Calif....where it hardly ever rains! :-) I've been a long time fan of Mary Higgins Clark, and daughter Carol. I just bought their book this afternoon (along with four other books:-). I'm looking forward to reading it and joining in this discussion with you. Should be a fun read for the holiday season!

Message Edited by KathyS on 11-29-200605:36 PM

New User
maryb
0 Kudos

clarepayton wrote:

Hi
I'm Mary Beth from St. Louis. I love Mary Higgins Clark and I am looking forward to this holiday book. I have read the Lottery Winner which has the same characters and I thoroughly enjoyed that book.
Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:
Hi, I'm Chris from Charlotte, NC. I love to read a lot and knit and cross stitch. This Christmas, I made my first stuffed animal; it's a cat with reindeer antlers holding a stocking. Cute as can be!.

Hi Chris!

Welcome to the group. Your stuffed animal really sounds cute!

Carol Higgins Clark

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Discover all Mary Higgins Clark and
Carol Higgins Clark titles.

Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

hmr1126 wrote:
Hi, I'm Heather from New York - glad to be hear. I look forward to reading Mary and Carol Higgins Clark's holiday books every year. I am just starting the book. Glad to be here!

Dear Heather,

Welcome! I'm a New Yorker too! Glad to have you with us.

Carol Higgins Clark

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:
Hi Clare, nice seeing you here!

I'm Kathy S. from Southern Calif....where it hardly ever rains! :-) I've been a long time fan of Mary Higgins Clark, and daughter Carol. I just bought their book this afternoon (along with four other books:-). I'm looking forward to reading it and joining in this discussion with you. Should be a fun read for the holiday season!

Message Edited by KathyS on 11-29-200605:36 PM

Hi Kathy,

Welcome! I'm so glad you enjoy both mine and my mother's books. I used to live in Los Angeles. The weather is great out there. Hope you enjoy our discussion!

Carol Higgins Clark

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

maryb wrote:

clarepayton wrote:

Hi
I'm Mary Beth from St. Louis. I love Mary Higgins Clark and I am looking forward to this holiday book. I have read the Lottery Winner which has the same characters and I thoroughly enjoyed that book.

Dear Mary Beth,

Glad you're with us! I'm so glad you enjoy the character, Alvirah Meehan, my mother's lottery winner. In 1986 I retyped my mother's book, Weep No More, My Lady where Alvirah was first introduced. My mother killed her off and I pleaded with my mother not to! Alvirah was too good of a character. My mother relented and now Alvirah has appeared in three of our Christmas books as well as many of my mother's short stories.

Carol Higgins Clark

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

KathyS
0 Kudos

CHC wrote:

maryb wrote:

clarepayton wrote:

Hi

Dear Mary Beth,

Glad you're with us! I'm so glad you enjoy the character, Alvirah Meehan, my mother's lottery winner. In 1986 I retyped my mother's book, Weep No More, My Lady where Alvirah was first introduced. My mother killed her off and I pleaded with my mother not to! Alvirah was too good of a character. My mother relented and now Alvirah has appeared in three of our Christmas books as well as many of my mother's short stories.

Carol Higgins Clark

Carol, nice to meet you! This time of year is always hectic for everyone, so it's a double pleasure for us to have you join us. And yes, the weather is great here in the Inland Empire of So. Calif....with blue skies and warm weather, no waiting!

Now, are you telling me your mother wanted to kill off that wonderful character, Alvirah??!! NO! Lucky for Alvirah, and us, you came along and rescued her! I do love that character. She's my idea of a female Charlie Chan...if anybody remembers him!:-). Just keep bringing her back, okay?
Frequent Contributor
mildone
0 Kudos

My wife just bought the book. I want to compare my wife's comments with those of the Book
Club participants. My wife has no fear of my comparing her comments for she is very self assured.
Mildone
Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

mildone wrote:
My wife just bought the book. I want to compare my wife's comments with those of the Book
Club participants. My wife has no fear of my comparing her comments for she is very self assured.
Mildone

Hi Mildone -

Glad you're with us! I hope your wife enjoys Santa Cruise.

CHC

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Re: bringing back the dead

Carol, I laughed when I read that your mother killed Alvirah off but you convinced her to resurrect her. How fun! Most authors don't write sequels or series and don't get a chance to do this.

We love to hear stories about how authors choose to manipulate their characters. Do share more (start a new thread so we can find them)!
0 Kudos

compare?

mildone wrote:
Club participants.

>
Why do you want to do that?

ziki
KathyS
0 Kudos

mildone wrote:
Mildone

Tell us a little about yourself! Have you read Santa Cruise yet, or plan on reading it? Maybe your wife would like to join us too! The more the merrier!!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hello all:

I have read all of yours and your mom's books and all the holiday books. Simply adore the holiday books. I get into the holiday spirit by reading Christmas stories,Christmas Carols, Christmas movies and shopping. I do love Christmas time!
I wish everyone a blessed Christmas holiday.
Contributor
piekid
0 Kudos

I'm Tiffany, from Las Vegas, Nevada. I've been a fan of Carol's for about a year and a half now, I started reading her books just before she did the reading group for "Burned." I had the great pleasure of getting several of my books signed by her when she was here in Las Vegas this past May. I even had "Hitched" personalized for my mother for Mother's Day because I got my mom hooked on her books as well.

I was just sitting here (after wrapping the copy of "Santa Cruise" that I bought my mom for Christmas) remembering the other reading group and the book signing (and wishing this book was signed LOL), and wondered if by some crazy chance Carol was doing one for this latest book. So I hopped on the computer and voila! Here I am. Talk about luck. So that explains my tardiness. :smileyhappy:

Since my mom's copy is so freshly wrapped, I'm headed out right now to get myself a copy so I can participate! (I have a rule against buying myself stuff around Christmas, but for this I'll break it! All my other shopping is done, anyway.) I can't wait to start!

~Tiff :smileyhappy: "piekid"
Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
Hello all:

I have read all of yours and your mom's books and all the holiday books. Simply adore the holiday books. I get into the holiday spirit by reading Christmas stories,Christmas Carols, Christmas movies and shopping. I do love Christmas time!
I wish everyone a blessed Christmas holiday.

I'm so glad you enjoy our Christmas books! We get into the Christmas spirit over the summer when we're writing them. A blessed holiday to you too.

CHC

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

piekid wrote:
I'm Tiffany, from Las Vegas, Nevada. I've been a fan of Carol's for about a year and a half now, I started reading her books just before she did the reading group for "Burned." I had the great pleasure of getting several of my books signed by her when she was here in Las Vegas this past May. I even had "Hitched" personalized for my mother for Mother's Day because I got my mom hooked on her books as well.

I was just sitting here (after wrapping the copy of "Santa Cruise" that I bought my mom for Christmas) remembering the other reading group and the book signing (and wishing this book was signed LOL), and wondered if by some crazy chance Carol was doing one for this latest book. So I hopped on the computer and voila! Here I am. Talk about luck. So that explains my tardiness. :smileyhappy:

Since my mom's copy is so freshly wrapped, I'm headed out right now to get myself a copy so I can participate! (I have a rule against buying myself stuff around Christmas, but for this I'll break it! All my other shopping is done, anyway.) I can't wait to start!

~Tiff :smileyhappy: &
quot;piekid"

Hi Tiff!

Sorry we won't be in Las Vegas for a book signing. It was great meeting you out there. Glad you're breaking your rule about buying yourself something around Christmas. I'm so glad you're with us!

CHC

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

Re: bringing back the dead

Alvirah was definitely a favorite character of mine. I just couldn't let my mother kill her off in Weep No More, My Lady! She was so much fun. It's interesting how characters develop while in the process of writing a book. Sometimes they do things that I didn't expect. As I spend more time with them, I get to know them better. It's like new friends. I love it when I'm walking down the street in New York City and I see someone who reminds me of one of my characters!

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Users Online
Currently online:49 members 454 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: