BN Editor
LitEditor
0 Kudos

Readers Reaching Out

In Santa Cruise, the Oklahoma Readers and Writers Group is on board. They volunteer their time teaching people to read. One of their members becomes quite involved in the mystery, sure that she has spotted the ghost of a deceased writer, Left Hook Louie, they are honoring at their seminar! What kins of book group activities have you participated in -- anything like this one? Have you been involved in literacy programs?

Click on "Reply" to post your thoughts about this discussion topic, or click "New Message" on the main page to start a new topic thread.

See the latest news about book clubs in the Book Clubs Blog.
Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

Re: Readers Reaching Out

LitEditor wrote:
In Santa Cruise, the Oklahoma Readers and Writers Group is on board. They volunteer their time teaching people to read. One of their members becomes quite involved in the mystery, sure that she has spotted the ghost of a deceased writer, Left Hook Louie, they are honoring at their seminar! What kins of book group activities have you participated in -- anything like this one? Have you been involved in literacy programs?

Click on "Reply" to post your thoughts about this discussion topic, or click "New Message" on the main page to start a new topic thread.

I have been involved in many literacy programs. Literacy Partners of America, for one. I also speak at schools. There's nothing like getting feedback from the kids! One seventh grade class read my book JINXED before I came to visit. They were asked to write a new ending. One of the students decided to kill off Regan Reilly! I told him thanks alot -- now I'm out of a job!! But it is great to see children get excited about reading and it's also wonderful to help adults who never learned to read. Literacy Parners has an event every May and they honor an adult who has recently learned to read. The stories of what they had to go through when they couldn't read are amazing...they are always so inspiring. That's why my mother and I thought it would be good to have a group in SANTA CRUISE that is active in the promotion of Literacy.

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Discover all Mary Higgins Clark and
Carol Higgins Clark titles.

Users Online
Currently online: 65 members 640 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: