BN Editor
LitEditor
0 Kudos

Wedding Horror Stories

In her previous adventure, Hitched, Regan Reilly finds herself without a wedding gown the week before her wedding. It seems that everyone has a tale to tell about what went wrong when they were planning their own big day -- or something unusual that happened at their wedding or reception. Do you have one?

Click on "Reply" to post your thoughts about this discussion topic, or click "New Message" on the main page to start a new topic thread.

See the latest news about book clubs in the Book Clubs Blog.
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Wedding Horror Stories

When I got married, I tripped up to the altar. Fortunately, my husband to be caught me and it looked like nothing happened. Then,at the wedding reception, someone noticed that the price tag for the wedding gown was still showing through the netted see through sleeves. Talk about embarrassed!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Would being attacked by a case of the giggles, and my husband not being able to get the ring on my finger, count?

Message Edited by KathyS on 11-30-200605:26 AM

Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:
Would being attacked by a case of the giggles, and my husband not being able to get the ring on my finger, count?

Those are good stories! As long as the ring eventually made it onto your finger!

CHC

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Discover all Mary Higgins Clark and
Carol Higgins Clark titles.

Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:
When I got married, I tripped up to the altar. Fortunately, my husband to be caught me and it looked like nothing happened. Then,at the wedding reception, someone noticed that the price tag for the wedding gown was still showing through the netted see through sleeves. Talk about embarrassed!

Ah yes! There's nothing like being told that the price tag is still attached!

CHC

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

CHC wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Those are good stories! As long as the ring eventually made it onto your finger!

CHC

The ring made it on, but my knuckle was a little worse for wear. Although, I might add, I felt no pain because the bottle of champagne we drank before the ceremony helped immensely! Now that I think about it, that's probably what gave me the giggles!

Message Edited by KathyS on 12-04-200602:07 PM

Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

CHC wrote:

KathyS wrote:

CHC

The ring made it on, but my knuckle was a little worse for wear. Although, I might add, I felt no pain because the bottle of champagne we drank before the ceremony helped immensely! Now that I think about it, that's probably what gave me the giggles!

Message Edited by KathyS on 12-04-200602:07 PM

I bet that champagne did contribute to the giggles!!

CHC

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

How about this horror story! The groom is late, like a half hour. The bride gets cold feet and leaves the church and runs right smack into the groom running in the door.
Wasn't that hint enought this was disaster waiting to happen! But they did it anyway!
Oh well, life has been great anyway! After the divorce anyway!
Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
How about this horror story! The groom is late, like a half hour. The bride gets cold feet and leaves the church and runs right smack into the groom running in the door.
Wasn't that hint enought this was disaster waiting to happen! But they did it anyway!
Oh well, life has been great anyway! After the divorce anyway!

Did that really happen?!!

CHC

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Answer to Carol's question:

(Did this really happen?)

Yup! It certainly did! Thirty nine years ago! We married, we divorced, and now we are the best of friends. And we have four grown children all college grads and seven grandchildren , from college to preschool age.
New User
mariem
0 Kudos

We were married on the fourth of July in Manhattan many years ago. I went to pick up the bridesmaids' gowns at Bonwit Teller only to discover that they had reversed the colors of the dresses. However, they were able to rectify it and all went smoothly. The dresses were red, white and blue in keeping with the holiday. NYC is empty on July 4th and we have a fantastic photo of us in the middle of Fifth Avenue; no traffic.
Author CHC
Author
CHC
0 Kudos

mariem wrote:
We were married on the fourth of July in Manhattan many years ago. I went to pick up the bridesmaids' gowns at Bonwit Teller only to discover that they had reversed the colors of the dresses. However, they were able to rectify it and all went smoothly. The dresses were red, white and blue in keeping with the holiday. NYC is empty on July 4th and we have a fantastic photo of us in the middle of Fifth Avenue; no traffic.

Dear Mariem -

I'm glad everything worked out with your dresses! It's amazing to me how many wedding horror stories there are out there! After I wrote HITCHED, I heard about a lot of them! One friend told me about a friend of his whose car was stolen outside the church during the rehearsal on a Friday night. The wedding gown and bridesmaids' dresses were inside. Luckily the wedding wasn't until Sunday. They spent all day Saturday shopping for new dresses!
Recently I read in the paper a story about a truck that was stolen from a motel parking lot. It was carrying 2,000 donated wedding gowns to a charity event in Los Angeles. I told this story when I spoke at a luncheon a week later. A woman came up to me and said that she had been at the motel when it happened and that when the story broke a lot of women from all over the country donated their wedding gowns for the charity fundraiser! So there was a happy ending to that story!

CHC

Learn more about Where
Are You Now?
and Zapped.

Users Online
Currently online: 30 members 222 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: