Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

About Center Stage

[ Edited ]

Welcome to Center Stage, a great place to get to know some of your favorite authors.

On this board, we'll feature one author per week, and the conversation will include not just their latest book, but all of their books. More to the point, it's an opportunity to ask your favorite authors the "big picture" questions about their books, how they write, and much more.

Here's a bit about how it works:

To keep some order on the boards, only the moderator (Stephanie) and B&N staff can start new threads here.

Conversation threads for the featured author will always be floated to the top of the page. You'll see several threads (not just one "Questions for the Author" thread) where you can ask questions of the author, and share your comments about their books. Just click Reply to start the conversation.

In the other threads below this (i.e. in the unfloated threads), you'll be able to see who's coming next -- their threads (with the dates of their appearance) will be pre-loaded into the message board. Feel free to go ahead and start posting your questions for upcoming authors prior to their arrival. Remember, each author is only here for a week, Monday through Friday.

And moving forward, the Book Clubs home page will let you know who's coming next, but we'll also let you know who is coming and when in the Book Clubs Schedule threads in the Announcements board.

We hope you enjoy Center Stage!

Now, please help us welcome these great authors to our Book Clubs by posting your questions for them today!

Message Edited by Jessica on 11-21-2007 10:54 AM

Frequent Contributor
grapes
0 Kudos

Re: About Center Stage

Is the First Look Club going to have a new book and author for discussion during April?
Grapes
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

grapes wrote:
Is the First Look Club going to have a new book and author for discussion during April?

Hi Grapes,
There's no First Look in April. When we select the next one, we'll announce it in the Announcements board, though.
Thanks!
Contributor
TerryReschke
0 Kudos

Very cool....
Contributor
cell16
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Can i please be told when any of these authors are gonna chat:
I prefer;
Lee Child
James Patterson
Stephen King
James Lee Burke
Keith Albow
Andy McNab

Or any other crime or mystery writers?

Thank you!

Message Edited by cell16 on 04-03-2008 11:31 AM
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can always check the Announcements board for the upcoming schedule. In fact, I just posted May's.

cell16 wrote:
Can i please be told when any of these authors are gonna chat:
I prefer;
Lee Child
James Patterson
Stephen King
James Lee Burke
Keith Albow
Andy McNab

Or any other crime or mystery writers?

Thank you!

Message Edited by cell16 on 04-03-2008 11:31 AM

Contributor
zaccur
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
how does the timeing of this center stage work, will the authors be posting at certon times of the day or will they just post any time during the week?

Message Edited by zaccur on 04-14-2008 10:20 PM
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

zaccur wrote:
how does the timeing of this center stage work, will the authors be posting at certon times of the day or will they just post any time during the week?

Message Edited by zaccur on 04-14-2008 10:20 PM

hi,
the boards are open 24/7, so authors can post anytime (day or night) that is convenient to them.
thanks!
Contributor
LadyAlexis
0 Kudos

Hello Mrs.. Kellerman

I am a huge admirer of your books!

Your husband's books too!!

Keep cranking them out, cause my family n friends we all enjoy them!!

Thanks!!! :smileyhappy:

"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning
how to die."
Leonardo da Vinci
Contributor
Brown_eyed_gurl
0 Kudos

Can you have Melody Carlson or Rick Riordan on center stage sometime? Pleeeeeze?
New User
EllenRose
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Albom:

I am your absolute biggest fan.  I have read each of your books a few times each and love them all.  I watch Sportwriters on ESPN every Sunday, I think you are great.  I was at ESPN Zone in NYC this past weekend and I asked the manager how hard it would be to meet you on a Sunday morning after Sportwriters.  He was unsure.  My question is: Do you have any plans to do a book signing, group discussion anywhere in the NJ/NY area.  Otherwise, my husband and I would have to "camp" out in front of ESPN Zone in NYC to meet you one Sunday morning.  Please let me know if you have any plans for a book signing.  Thanks.  Ellen Easton

Scribe
Kevin
0 Kudos

New User
steve_k
0 Kudos

Connelly, the Brass Verdict

First, the Brass Verdict is great book, like the Lincoln Lawyer, I just cannot put it down…thank you. 

I was wondering how you incorporate the law into your books. Do you have a background in law or a consultant? (except some of the ethics area).

How close to an actual LA lawyer is the Lincoln lawyer?

Hope we don’t have to wait another year for the next book….thank you, great writer.

New User
malteezer
0 Kudos

Hi it's malteezer,  I have just read brass verdict, and in my opinion it's the best one Michaels ever written, I have collected all of his books and read everyone.
New User
dfasssssssf
0 Kudos

This was amazing
Contributor
CLADDASH
0 Kudos

I am having trouble finding out HOW to post a message. Would you please show me where I can post my message to James Patterson ?