Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Debbie Macomber, November 9-13

[ Edited ]

I am so pleased and honored to welcome the wonderful Debbie Macomber to CenterStage!

Debbie literally does it all: a New York Times bestselling author of the beloved Cedar Cove novels and Blossom Street books, she also finds time to knit and cook and, this month, publish an inspirational nonfiction book about the power of generosity,

One Simple Act.

Here is Debbie's official biography:

The New York Times bestselling author is best known for her ability to create compelling characters and bring their stories to life in her books.  Drawing on her own experiences and observations, Debbie writes heartwarming tales about small-town life, home and family and enduring friendships.Every book features the delightful sense of humor that readers around the world clamor for.

Debbie is a regular resident on numerous bestseller lists, including the New York Times (55 times and counting), USA TODAY (currently 63 times)and Publishers Weekly (23 times to date)

She is the first-ever recipient of the “readers’ choice” Quill Award for Romance Fiction, for 44 Cranberry Point, the fourth book in her highly popular Cedar Cove series.

Debbie has also been honored with a RITA®Award, a Romantic Times BOOKreviews Career Achievement Award and is a multiple winner of both the Holt Medallion and the B. Dalton Award.

She lives in Washington State and in Florida.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Debbie Macomber, November 9-13

Here are links to Debbie's most recent romance titles. And her cookbook!

Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street Series #5)

92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove Series #9)

Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

For more information about Debbie Macomber's One Simple Act, her Cedar Cove and Blossom Street books, her Christmas romantic comedies, her knitting club, or her many delicious recipes, visit her website.

It's hard to believe one woman has time for so many things! And she excels at them all!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Every year Debbie releases a Christmas book. Here's this year's:

The Perfect Christmas

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Welcome, Debbie! I am so happy to be able to talk to you about One Simple Act. I've read so many of your romances, and getting a chance to read this different kind of book from you was just such a treat! I can't wait to hear about why and how writing this book came about!

Frequent Contributor
Redcatlady
0 Kudos

Dear Debbie:

I'm so happy to be able to post to you again.  It's already been so long since Baton Rouge!  Can you give us any hints about what might be coming up at Blossom Street?

Redcatlady

New User
Renate
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie and everyone,

I'm so very sorry, but Debbie couldn't get on this evening.  She had trouble finding her way.  Not doing this very often is a definite liability.  She apologizes profusely and promises to log on earlier tomorrow. 

Author
Susan-Mallery
0 Kudos

Hi, Debbie! [waving] :womanvery-happy:

I had a hard time getting into the conversation, too, but then my assistant suggested I try with Firefox instead of with Internet Explorer. And voila, there I was! I love modern technology but find it confusing at the same time. I couldn't begin to explain why this worked.

ONE SIMPLE ACT sounds like a lovely book.

I'm looking forward to the discussion!

Susan Mallery
New York Times bestselling author
www.SusanMallery.com
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Susan-Mallery wrote:

I had a hard time getting into the conversation, too, but then my assistant suggested I try with Firefox instead of with Internet Explorer. And voila, there I was! I love modern technology but find it confusing at the same time. I couldn't begin to explain why this worked.

I'm so glad you found us, Susan!

Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

I also could not view this thread using Internet Explorer. It's fine using Firefox.

I just started reading One Simple Act and am thoroughly enjoying it. What a wonderful message! The story at the grocery store checkout gave me goosebumps! Debbie, since you do such a wonderful job writing romance and inspirational nonfiction, I am wondering if you ever thought about writing an inspirational fiction novel?

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

This thread should work in Internet Explorer now.  Apologies to those who couldn't read it earlier.

Jon

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Susan-Mallery wrote:

What fun to have you log on.  I wasn't smart enough to realize the problem was with Internet Explorer so had the most frustrating night.  All is well that ends well though. 

Author
DebbieMacomber

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Every year Debbie releases a Christmas book. Here's this year's:

The Perfect Christmas

Thank you for the warm welcome, Melanie.  I hope you'll enjoy ONE SIMPLE ACT.  The idea came to me while I was in an airport for an early morning flight.  I stood in a long line for a cup of coffee and went to my gate.  As I set down my carry-on, my knitting and my purse, I spilled my coffee.  Of course I felt like an idiot and every eye in the gate was on me.  Then the most amazing thing happened.  Someone else in the coffee line saw what had happened and purchased me a cup of coffee.  That one simple act of generosity and kindness is what started me on this path.  I look forward to reading and responding to the comments. 

thank you again for your gracious welcome and I apologize again for not being on-line last night.  Unfortunately I'm not computer savvy enough to know what I was doing wrong. 

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Redcatlady wrote:

Dear Debbie:

I'm so happy to be able to post to you again.  It's already been so long since Baton Rouge!  Can you give us any hints about what might be coming up at Blossom Street?

Redcatlady

Hello again,

My May hardcover is another Blossom Street linked story titled Hannah's List.  I think you'll enjoy this book too.  Good to hear from you, my friend.

Debbie

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

retromom wrote:

I also could not view this thread using Internet Explorer. It's fine using Firefox.

I just started reading One Simple Act and am thoroughly enjoying it. What a wonderful message! The story at the grocery store checkout gave me goosebumps! Debbie, since you do such a wonderful job writing romance and inspirational nonfiction, I am wondering if you ever thought about writing an inspirational fiction novel?

Dear Beth,

I hope all my fiction inspires my readers.  I work hard at making my stories ones that leave my readers with uplifted spirits.  One of my goals is to provoke my reader into thinking what they would do in a similiar situation.  As for writing Christian fiction, I suppose I could or would one day, but for right now I'm happy writing women's fiction in the ABA market. 

I have to say I'm loving this venture into the non-fiction world.  My prayer is that my fiction readers will follow me on this new pathway, although I fully intend to continue with my two series--Cedar Cove and Blossom Street.

Debbie

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I'm so glad you were finally able to log on, Debbie! So sorry about all the technical difficulties!

First, I want to echo the person who cited the grocery store story - it really moved me. I was so worried about that woman. Even though I know the point was how you reached the clerk, I really hope the other woman got her groceries!

What I loved about One Simple Act is that it felt as immediate and heartwarming as your fiction books do. It was as if I was having a conversation with you on the phone!

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

I'm so glad you were finally able to log on, Debbie! So sorry about all the technical difficulties!

First, I want to echo the person who cited the grocery store story - it really moved me. I was so worried about that woman. Even though I know the point was how you reached the clerk, I really hope the other woman got her groceries!

What I loved about One Simple Act is that it felt as immediate and heartwarming as your fiction books do. It was as if I was having a conversation with you on the phone!

What a lovely comment.  Thank you, Melanie.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Dear Debbie,its such a great event having you here on BN.I started reading "The Shop on Blossom Street' series a few years ago,and just picked it up because of the knitting theme..your books are so inspiring,and seeing oneself in so many of your characters,has brought me hrs of reading pleasure.Have read a few Cedar Grove.Probably 4,5 and have lent them/gave them to friends to enjoy as well.I keep your Blossom ST. series for myself.,I do re-read them..Looking forward to "One Simple Act'  a great name for your book and one that so many can identify with.Thank you Debbie,for you,Vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
New User
ChrisSnyder
0 Kudos

Hello Debbie!

Can you tell us a little bit about your writing process? How many hours a day you write and so forth?

Aspiring writers want to know!

Thanks.

-cs

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

And us aspiring knitters (I just started last year when I was pregnant with my daughter) want to know when you have time for that! And how long have you been knitting?