Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

Re: February 2-6: Suzanne Brockmann

Bethanne wrote:

Whew, Suz! You've had an amazing week here on Center Stage. Thank you so very much for your wonderful, considerate, answers to everyone's questions and comments. 

It's Friday, close of business, and since I suspect Suz may stick around and answer more questions tonight, anyone who has a last question? Post now -- or wait 'til the next time Suzanne Brockmann appears here...

Bethanne 

Thank you, Bethanne!

It was my pleasure to visit Center Stage!

-- Suz

Learn more about Hot Pursuit.

Discover all Suzanne Brockmann titles.
Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

Re: I didn't know about bwee either! Thanks

redsoxlovah wrote:

Suzanne_Brockmann wrote:

Hi, Ellenkate!

Thanks for posting!  I'm sorry I frightened you by killing Nash, but... Wasn't it cool that you actually thought I was diabolical enough to maybe kill him?  And didn't that make the relief when you found out he wasn't dead extra strong and excellent?  

I always love TV shows (like LOST!) where main characters are killed off.  (BUFFY, too!) Too often when I was growing up, I'd watch my favorite shows, and was like, "yeah, yeah, they're not going to kill Captain Kirk..."  (His shirt's not red. <g>)  

But when I first watched BUFFY (I watched it on DVD -- I'm one of those people who MUST start at the beginning, can't jump into the middle of a series, can't miss an episode.  I love watching TV shows on DVD -- perfect format for me) I nearly fell out of my chair when a certain major character was killed, so seemingly casually and quickly.  Which is how it happens, just like real life -- one minute she was there, and the next, gone.  Crazy.  And suddenly, I had real fear for my other favorite characters.  It definitely impacted me as a viewer and a lover of great storytelling.

As for Izzy -- I see him really clearly, too.  And I can't point to any popular actor and say "him."   He's just not out there -- at least I haven't found him yet.  It was the same way for me when I wrote Sam.  And then I saw Sawyer from Lost...  Yow.

Glad you liked that scene with Robin and Jules -- it was  alot of fun to write!!!

Cheers,

Suz

Hi Suz,

Please tell me I am being paranoid-my stomach clenched when I read (the highlighted parts) of your response here.  Please tell me this is NOT foreshadowing for our guys or their wives in future T.S. books to be knocked off.  Please, please-no killing-you're too kind hearted for that-thinking of all the non fiction heart attacks you will cause from it-LOL

Also, you alluded to Silverman (I hope I have the name right?-I'm not near my copy of DON)  a few times in DON- I can't place him-is he one of Izzy's gang?  

Also, awhile back on BB, I recall your actor friend Eric tell us about a movie you produced that he will star in called Jolly (I believe)  Will this be out in the movie theaters?  If so, when?

I look forward to seeing it!  AND of course, anxiously await your next novel........

Thanks for all your time here......you are so very gracious giving us your time this week!  It has been fun!  Good luck with all your success and "Don't sweat all the other crap......and it's all crap"      Bye!

Message Edited by redsoxlovah on 02-06-2009 06:42 PM

No, don't worry.

I knew I had only one chance to fool you -- and I used that up with Nash.  

Silverman's first name is Bill.  He's one of the SEALs in Team Sixteen.  

As for JOLLY, the movie!  Yes, we've complete post-production and have entered it in film festivals all across the U.S.  (And I'm pushing for the UK, too!)

It's a holiday season comedy, a low budget indy feature, starring my buddy Eric Ruben and my talented son, Jason T. Gaffney.  (Jace tells me that there's a SAG actor named Jason Gaffney, so he's got to use his middle initial for his movie credits.)  Ed directed the movie, and he and I co-wrote the script. 

My production company is called "small or LARGE Productions," and we've also produced a reading of our first stage play within the past year.  Ed and I have also co-wrote a play called LOOKING FOR BILLY HAINES.  It's a play in two acts, with dance.  (Something a little different!)  It, too, is a comedy with dramatic elements, and, again, dance.  We plan to produce a more fully realized version in the upcoming year.  We're hoping to run a week in Boston, and maybe two weeks in New York City.  

I'll have information about both the film and the play up on my website (check my "what's new" page) as it becomes available.  (The information, I mean. <g>)  

The movie's pretty funny -- we're proud of it.  It's a valiant first effort, even if it never gets accepted at a single festival.  

Speaking of movies, I'm heading out in about 45 minutes -- Ed and I are attempting to see all of the Oscar movies before Oscar Night, which is in a few weeks.  Tonight it's THE WRESTLER.  (I love Marisa Tomai, so it should be good.)

-- Suz

Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

SamRo wrote:

Hello Suz, I cant wait for the next book!!!!  I just have one question, can we get a fat chick represented?  We've got everyone else, and perhaps she could hook up with one of the young'uns.(Just a Thought?)   Thank you for signing my DON.  I was so excited to get it I showed everyone.. YES I am a geek.

Samantha

Message Edited by SamRo on 02-06-2009 07:38 PM
Message Edited by SamRo on 02-06-2009 07:43 PM

Samantha,

Hey!  Nice seeing you here.  

How about a real sized woman?  Will that do? <g>

Cheers,

Suz

Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

bookfanpam wrote:

Hi Suz,

I've come out of message board lurkdom to tell you how much I truly enjoy your books with all of the realistic twists and turns they take, as happens in life, whether we want them to or not. I also have great respect for the way you address real life issues such as alcoholism and troubled young people such as Eden and MaryLou, and their rocky roads to maturity.

I found your books when Prince Joe first came out, and have been happily hooked on them every since. I love them all. DON is right up on top of my favorites, along with Hot Target, FON, ATTN, ITS...It's hard to pick. 

DON was a non-stop page turner for me (even though my first copy was a misprint which was all that was available in my area)!  I really like the Dave/Sophia and Deck/Tracy pairings. Dave has loved her for so long. It was great to see Sophia realize that she loved Dave in return. I'm also looking forward to seeing more of D/T. I love Tracy's sense of humor, and how she understands Deck. 

And as always, Jules and Robin. Just love them. I love the way Robin simplifies problems to what is important to support and comfort Jules.

Will Jules be joining TS Inc. soon? (Maybe a Boston office could be opened so they could live in a state that recognises their marriage until the rest of the states get with the program and stop descriminating....)

Off topic......What color is Cosmo's hair? It has been decribed as "actually meeting regs" and military if I'm remembering correctly, but I can't remember color. I picture it dark. Cosmo is one of my very favorite characters for many reasons, mostly because of his kindness.

Thank you so much for sharing TS/Team 16 and TT with us.

Pam

Hi, Pam,

Thanks for your kind words.  I'm so glad you enjoy my books.

Cosmo's hair -- I didn't say it was brown?  I think it must be in there somewhere, in some book.  Huh.  ALthough, you know when men wear their hair that short, it doesn't have much color -- even blond hair looks dark. 

As for Jules...  There's no hope of them moving out of Boston in the near future, which is okay with both him and Robin.  They love that big ol house of theirs, with the doorknobs that come off in your hands. 

You know, that's my house that I describe in ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT.  We had a bat colony, and the shower leaked through the kitchen ceiling, and I got locked in the master bathroom on a night when my husband and son went to NYC to see a Broadway show. I managed to get out without cutting through the drywall, but I'll never forget that feeling of being locked in!  Yikes!

Anyway, Robin and Jules love living there, although I really do wish I had the option of moving them to California.  That's a shame, not just for me and them, but for a lot of people.

Thanks for posting,

Suz

Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

bookreader1981 wrote:

Well I have to say this is a new experience for me. I love to read, more than I probably should admit. But I could not pass up this opportunity to let you know that I love this series.

I started with Hot Target not realizing I would be picking up in the middle of a series. It is always so hard for me to start a new author and this book just spoke to me. I have to admit I never thought I would get as hooked as I did on a story line that was as different from what I normally read as I did with Jules and Robin. By the end of the book I could not believe the connection they had felt yet when no where at the time.

When I finished the book I had to find out what I had missed so I checked out your website and realized I had started in the middle and had to back up. So I bought every one of your TS books I could find and started over at the beginnig and ended wiht ATTN and could not wait for your next book to come out.

I have read you have received some criticism due to this book but I have to say, I have never read books by an author that creates a story ARC over so many books as you do. It was so very different and refreshing. The books may not always end the way I think or predict but that is what keeps me on my toes and enjoying every book to the very end.

On a last note I also have to say I notice you mentioned a possible collection of short stories and I really hope you move forward with this because I would love to have it.

Thanks for all the enjoyment and I look forward to all your future work.

Becky

Hi, Becky,

Thanks so much for your thoughts!  

I, too, love starting a series right from the beginning.  Although now that you've caught up, you have to wait for the next book -- that's frustrating, I know!  Believe me, I'm writing as fast as I can!

I'm glad you'd enjoy a collection of short stories -- the short stories I've written so far -- in the back of some of the books, or for the "Extras" booklets that I've written -- have been fun to write.  It's such a different format, the short story.  It's challenging, and I enjoy doing something different for a change of pace!

Thanks again for posting!  

-- Suz

Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

Okay, gang.

It's Friday night, and I'm outta here!  Thank you so much for posting all of your interesting questions.  

Watch for THE KISSING GAME, a reissue of a rom-com I wrote for Bantam, coming out at the end of this month.  It's part of a trilogy of romantic comedies, all set on a fictional island in western Florida called Sunrise Key.  All three of these books -- KISS AND TELL, THE KISSING GAME and OTHERWISE ENGAGED, are personal favorites.  

And, of course, HOT PURSUIT will be out on July 28, 2009.  (I better get writing!)

Until next time,

Suz

www.SuzanneBrockmann.com 

New User
bookreader1981
0 Kudos

Quick question before you sign off to go to the movies, and thanks for the response! Is there anywhere that I can read all of the short stories that you have put out so far? like your website by chance?
New User
lulusmom
0 Kudos

Suz wrote:

As for Izzy -- I see him really clearly, too.  And I can't point to any popular actor and say "him."   He's just not out there -- at least I haven't found him yet. 

For some reason, I think of Owen Wilson when I think of Izzy-most likely because of his laid back humor. 

http://www.popculturebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/owen_wilson1_300_400.jpg

I know...strange.  Go figure.

Contributor
Ellenkate
0 Kudos

THANK YOU!  How cool for you to answer my question.

FYI - I'm from MO, but flew to Burbank, CA for my son's auditions this weekend...

DON is sold out at all the airports (that's what they told me) as well as a couple B&N between here and Columbia, MO

ROCK ON!!!   LUV, LUV, LUV your writing.

Ellen

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thank you, Suzanne, for taking the time to post such detailed responses!  I will be eagerly awaiting the next Troubleshooters book, as well as the rereleases of your older books!
New User
tialessa
0 Kudos

bookreader1981 wrote:
Quick question before you sign off to go to the movies, and thanks for the response! Is there anywhere that I can read all of the short stories that you have put out so far? like your website by chance?

I think Suz is gone since she was posting for a week, but remember those Reader's Guides she kept referring to? The huge PDF files on her website? Each of those (3 of them so far) has a short story + they each have a lot of other cool information - about the characters, about her writing style, etc. She has (or had) hard copies available for the cost of postage for US based fans - info for getting those is (was) on her website as well.

New User
skylarBC
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the first time I have had the opportunity to respond to a book in the series.  I love the entire series and I have read each book at least two times.  The DON book is excellent. I have been reading novels for 25 years and have many favorite authors.  However,  you have become my favorite writer.  Who would have thought that I would be interested in a series about Navy Seals.  Now I cannot get enough of their stories.  The characters are so very real and with tremendous depth.  They almost jump off the page and walk in the world around us.  I look for them continously and find myself creating  scenarios that move off in other directions. 

As you can probably tell, Sam and Alyssa are my favorite couple.  I live for a little look into their present life.  Their story should be a made for TV story like the ones that LMN has presented by Nora Roberts.  I am sure that some network would pick it up if they had the opportunity to follow the story. 

I was a little disappointed that Decker and Sophia did not get together but I really learned to like tracy and brilliant analysis of various situations. 

Please write another story around Sam and Alyssa.  She is my kind of woman and knows how to please her man as well as control him.   This will make for a brilliant best seller since we are all waiting on the last in their lives.

Skylarbc