Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

J.R. Ward, October 19-23

[ Edited ]

Welcome, J.R. Ward, to Center Stage!

J.R. Ward is a #1 New York Times and USAToday Best Selling author of erotic paranormal romance. Her latest novel is

Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1). She lives in the south with her incredibly supportive husband and her beloved golden retriever. After graduating from law school, she began working in healthcare in Boston and spent many years as Chief of Staff of one of the premier academic medical centers in the nation. Writing has always been her passion and her idea of heaven is a whole day of nothing but her computer, her dog and her coffee pot.

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!

0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

Good Morning Bethanne & JR - AnneB here - I have to admit, Covet is the next book in my TBR pile, and hopefully it will be read by the middle of the week, but I wanted to say Hi and tell you, JR, how much I love your books. The are great stories AND great characters. It always amazes me how remarkable your imagination must be to be able to create such a wonderful and rich world !! Thanks....

Anne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hello to one of my all time favorite authors, I don't have any questions just wanted to say hey to you!

Hi JR, I absolutely love your BDB novels they are some of my favorite heros and heroines ever.

I recently finished Covet and as sad as it was that Jim had to become an angel, I think he'll do better working for the English gents then he did for his former boss.

I love your dialogue with it's edgy, very modern prose and your plot lines are incredible. I also have to say that buying your Brotherhood guide has helped me tremendously to know so much more about the characters.

So thank you, thank you so much for bringing us these wonderful books, characters and stories. I look forward to enjoying them and you for many years to come.

New User
Natascha
0 Kudos

Hey J.R.,

Great job on Covet.  I am a fan of both BDB and Fallen Angels and I recognize that eventhough your distinct writing is evident in both series, I did notice a positive difference between the two.  The impression I got from Covet is that this book had two main heroes and one heroine, where only one was involved romatically with her.  Jim had just as much importance as Vin in this story.  When I usually read any other type of romance I only am presented with one hero and one heroine.  Covet was a new experience for me in that respect. 

I also LOVED the teaser of Lover Mine in the back of Covet.  It rocked!  It was so beautiful and it was so cool John had his friends around him in that important scene.  Eyes did fill up with tears while reading. 

New User
Singlein2009
0 Kudos

Good Morning JR,

I have finished Covet and it was a good book, definately different, but still a good book. I do like the Character of Jim and of course Nigel and the other "Gents" I am sure will be even more interesting as their characters develope.

So I am guessing there will be 6 books in this series? They will all be about Jim trying to do the right thing and make sure Good wins over Evil?

Of course my next question will be about the BDB, when will your next book for them be out? How many more do you think they will let you write about them? What about Payne? Will she get her own book?

I have a small book club and we race to the store each time one of the BDB comes out and try to get it as soon as it hits the shelves. I am hoping you will come to Houston and do a signing soon, we would love to meet you in person.

You have such a creative mind and I am glad that the BDB deceided to let you write about them.

Debbie S.

Contributor
clong
0 Kudos

Warden Its me Clong.  I saw you the other day at the Crestview signing and had a great time.  I loved Covet and of course you know I am a huge Black Dagger Brotherhood fan.  You answered most of my questions the other day at the signing but I have one left that is driving me crazy.  And since you did ask us to come and try and get spoilers out of you *-*  Ok.  Is Qhuinn and Blay's HEA just with the two of them, which I am hoping.  In other words, will Layla find her own separate HEA with someone else?

New User
vampiressa
0 Kudos

Vampiressa *waving* at JR....Good Morning Sunshine!!! Ok I must say I love your books, I have re-read them many times over. I love reading anything on angels and demons, and when covet came out I was thrilled it had angels and a demon. Ok my question is about that demon..Devina. I know she is a female in Covet and changes looks if she please to either male or pretty much anything, but will she always be female in all the books? like her main character will be that of a gorgeous female? will she be describe the way she was in covet, dark hair, dark eyes or will her looks change in each book? thanks Jr, have a great day and see you at your board....you know I live there...LOL

New User
Emmes
0 Kudos

Hi J.R.!

Proud bookworm from Costa Rica here! I just had to tell you how amazing I think your work is!

I was lucky enough to discover the Brother's when Rehv's book was coming out so I've only had to wait for Covet (the wait was/is excruciating!) and I devoured the whole series in a matter of weeks.Needless to say I've fallen in love with them and your writing.Thank You! for sharing their world with us and inviting us unto another adventure with the Angels! Ok now, can you spill something about J. Mathew's book??

Emmes

New User
Lilly12
0 Kudos

Hi Warden, 

I'm a huge fan of the BDB and now the Fallen Angels. As a member of Team Qhuay I have been, as is expected, obsessing over every small detail and the following question came up, but there seems not to be anyone with any answers. 

We all know that Qhuinn died in LEn, had a mysterious visions and then ran from the door. But, based on Jane's death in LU, that would have left Qhuinn in that middle place. Blaylock performing CPR was what brought him back from death. So does that mean that Blaylock is Qhuinn's rahlman? And if so what does that mean? Are there any criteria or particular consequences involved in it? V seemed to believe that Jane and he were somehow bonded because of her having saved his life. 

Thanks in advance, and I'm looking forward to LM. 

Lilly

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hi Anne!  Thankies for your kindness!  I hope you like COVET- it is different from the Brothers, but I'm really excited about the series...

I figure angels on Harleys?  Not a bad world to hang out in :smileywink:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie!  You are so kind! 

You know, Matthias, Jim's 'former' boss, plays a role in the series- you're going to see a lot of him... for better or for worse *sigh*

And on the Brotherhood side, I'm pleased to report that I'm on page 512 of John Matthew's manuscript- I hope to have him roughed out to the end in the next ten days then it's four weeks of revise revise revise before it goes into production.  He'll expand during that time from about 625 to 750 or 800 pages.

He's  a big boy!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hi Natascha!  I'm really glad you liked COVET!

You know, some of the criticism about the book is that it was slow in the begining- and I can totally see where some readers feel that way.  One of the struggles that I had with the book was that I had two choices, given what I saw in my head: either plunk folks down with Jim on board with his new mission or show them how he got there.  The former would have gotten us quicker to him kicking a$$ in his new role BUT I would have had to do a lot of explaining.  The latter, which I chose, was a slower pace for the first book, but set up the series better because everyone can see how reluctant he was and how he finally commited.  I believe I picked the right course, because I'm kind of stuck with what I see in my head, but it did lead to a different reading experience.  I mean, with DARK LOVER?  BAM you were in the story- AND the hero's journey was both with the heroine and within the series. COVET?  Exactly as you say, we have two heroes: Jim and Vin.  So the book was a parrallel track kind of thing that culminated in an ending that involved everyone.

So it was interesting to write- the next book CRAVE (which comes out October 2010) is much more BAM you're in the story, because Jim knows what he's doing.  Well THINKS he knows :smileywink:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie!  Thank you for your support!!!

COVET definitely is different!  And the Four Lads are going to be hysterical- I love writing them lol  There will be seven books in the series (including COVET) and then we'll see where we are- I mean I started the BDB out with ten books and then... well... now it's open ended :smileyvery-happy:

Payne's book is after John Matthew's!  (JM's LOVER MINE comes out in May of 2010~)

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hey girl!!!!  Say hi to your hubby for me!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I think that's going to be a big ol' KEEEEEEEEEP READINNNNNNNNNNNG!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hey girl!  *hugs*  It's a sunshine day cuz I gots coffee :smileyvery-happy:

Devina can be anything: man, woman or... child!  So expect her to come up in alll different sorts of ways!

I see her primarily as female, but I know for sure, she pops up as other things *winces*

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hi Emmes!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm something about LOVER MINE...

Well, I will say this, their mating ceremony isn't exacccccctly what you'd expect :smileyvery-happy:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hi Lilly!  Ohoohoh that's a good one!  Yes, Blay is Qhuinn's rahlman- and it's a title of respect really, you know? And important connection............

Reader 2
GothicRose
0 Kudos

Hey JR,

A friend of mine reads the same genre of books so she was letting me borrow some of hers and one of the books she insited I read was Dark Lover after the first chapter I knew I had to read the rest of the series. I am a huge fan of the BDB and am forever grateful to my friend and you JR for providing me with an awesome reading experiance. I have not had the chance to read Covet yet but I will definitly make time for it. I am also happy that the BDB is continuing *jumps for joy* I can't wait to read JM story it should definitly be interesting. Thank you so much for a great series that continues to please.

New User
Lilly12
0 Kudos

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING :smileyvery-happy:

So If I may ask another question; Are we going to see Qhuinn and Blaylock's POV's in Lover Mine?

Contributor
spicha
0 Kudos

Hi, JR! I really enjoyed Covet! The "guest appearances" by some of the Brothers was very subtle, I thought. Just enough to remind you where you were and that there are different worlds within that world happening. Nicely done. I like the lads, too (when Colin made sure Jim was alright after his fit, before he clocked him?? Heh.) The set up was necessary for the story--good foundation and all that. And it's wonderful that your angels are so conflicted (Adrian's reluctance to work with Jim added to that trouble with Devina). They might do the job they have to, but loyalty is still hard-won. Anyway, thanks again for the wonderful series. Both of them. Can't wait for Lover Mine! I wanna hear more about how JM makes you blush!

Best to you!

-B.