Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

Hey Ladyleofn!  Trez absolutely can go out in the daylight- Shadows have no problems with the sun.

I love him... can't wait to write his book!

Contributor
Erin-R-Isherwood
0 Kudos

Hello WARDen!

Thank you for writing spectacular books!!  They provide a much needed escape from my "normal" stay-at-home-Mom life.  :smileyhappy:

Would you please give us a little peek in to JM and Tohr's relationship?  Is there any mending or healing between those two in Lover Mine?  

Thank you thank you thank you!
Cheers-

Erin

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hey girl!!!  You rock!

And yeah, Ad is a thing!  You are absolutely going to see his POV in future books- as well as find out what he does with Devina *winces*

New User
katbruce
0 Kudos

Maybe you've already done this somewhere...?

It'd be great to have a playlist...like a mix tape or something...

for each book.

What you were listening to when you were writing it,

or what you think the main character would have been listening to...

A sort of soundtrack for the book as if it were a movie.

Love the brothers.

Thanks for writing.

Hope they continue for a long while :smileyhappy:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Tiffanie I agree!  He slays me!

Thankies for asking!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

I'm so glad you like COVET!  CRAVE is the second in the Angels series- it's coming out a year from now!

New User
cosmoCS
0 Kudos

Hi Ms. Ward,

I just want to say you are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a mom of three and one is handicapp and i just want to say thank you thank you, for giving me the world of the Brotherhood to escape to. I am on the last one and i fall in love with each brother you write about. I have two questions one, where did you come up with this stuff? the love making you write is WOW! and please tell me you plan on writing about the boys for a very long time!   And thank you once again!!!!!!!!!!!!   camille

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

You know, I find that stuff in the books always happens for a reason- even if I don't know what it is when it happens!  It's like boo and the coffins, I'm still not sure what they mean... but I know I'll find out.

I knew Marie-Terese was significant at Chrissy's funeral... I just wasn't sure why until COVET started to download and then I was like ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :smileyvery-happy:

New User
Bean3000
0 Kudos

Hey JRW

Bean from the Cell here.  I loved Covet.  Am totally, hopelessly, relentlessy devoted to Eddie and Dog. 

BUT -- A BDB question...

Saxton.  What's up with him?  Should I get attached? 

Thanks.  :smileyvery-happy:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Questions are good!  Well, you definitely hear more about Murhder in John Matthew :smileyvery-happy:

I have to imagine Layla and Saxton will come forward at some point- definitely Saxton's!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hi Becke!  Thanks for having me!  I'm thrilled to be here!

I'm still Jessica Bird :smileyvery-happy: - I love writing the contemporaries it's just a case of finding the time!  The Brothers and the Angels are coming out every six months and so I just have to fit everything in.

I still want finish the O'Banyons... Billy and Mac have to be done!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23 Map of BDB mansion?

Naturegirlej wrote:

I loved reading the new series Covet. I would like to know when will we see the map of the BDB mansion?

Hey I finally figured out how to quote!  YAY!  (not to bright with the compy stuff over here...)

I would love to do a map of the mansion- reproducing it on the page might be difficult but I could probably do it on the web...

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

eternalheart wrote:

Hi JR.  I am so thrilled at being able to actually "talk" (or anyways, connect) with you!  I had been hooked on Anne Rice novels for 5 years and tried and tried to find other, similar things that would really get to me.  Nothing did until I read the BDB!  Now I've been hooked on them for 3 years or so!   I don't know how they are similar in any way to Anne's work but for some reason they spoke to me.  While I don't mind romance or vampire fiction in general, none of them do anything for me, they don't move me or excite me (and I don't mean just "that kind" of excitment).  So thanks for getting the stories in your head in the first place and into books for us in the second place! 

I bought Covet on it's first day out and finished it within the week.  I enjoyed it but it didn't grab me as much as BDB.  I didn't have an issue with what some are calling a slow start, but I didn't like the demonic possession, ritual stuff much.  I would have prefered a more subtle but normal way of beating the bad guys (or in this case, the bad girl). 

I have noticed a decline in the last two BDB books of lovemaking scenes.  Is there a reason?  Or is it just a faulty perception on my part?

One last thing, I have tried to get on the blog from your website and can't seem to figure out how it works, can't get started.  If anyone out there can give me some simple thing I'm missing that could get me hooked up easily, that would be great.

Hi!  It's lovely to "talk" to you too!  And I'm thrilled you like the Brothers!

As for the balance of sex scenes, I feel like I'm maintaining what has always been there- these couples tend to get hot lol

I don't have a blog- but if you're talking about the message boards- you should just be able to join by providing sign in details and getting approved- and then you can PM the mods and they will absolutely help you get acclimated! 

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

TrooperSM wrote:

Hello and forever have a prolific pen WARDen,

My question is, does the Glymera know that Lash is alive and that he is the one responsible for the numerous killing of the Civilians? And if thats the case then is the Glymera's attitude toward Qhuinn and the monies owed to the Glymera for Lash's throat slashing still in effect or have they reconsidered?

Thank you for the wonderful ride your books have given me.

Hey Trooper!  I hope the good Lord keeps me writing!  That's a good question about the glymera- I believe that they are NOT aware- as of the end of LOVER AVENGED... and they've never liked Qhuinn :smileysad:  I'm not a huge glymera fan TBH BLECK

New User
tekla
0 Kudos

I can't resist the temptation, I've to ask again! >__<

I was wondering, will Blay ever fall in love with someone else but Qhuinn? You said he was done with the females, does that mean we won't read Blay involved with a female in the future, either? :smileywink:

I wonder if you can really answer any of this... LMAO. Sorry. lol.

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23 Zsadist

Naturegirlej wrote:

Z  is my favorite of all the brothers as well. I love how his character has opened and embrace the love and life that he should rightfully enjoy. He has come a long way and has been enlightned to a whole new chapter in his life. He deserves every happiness.

Sooooooo agreed- he will always be my favorite *sigh*

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

clong wrote:

Hey Warden It's me Clong again, can't pass up the opportunity to ask you questions so:

Since you have said that Mhurder will get his own book.  Do you already know who his female will be?  I know you won't say who she is but have we met her?

Do you see a possiblity of Qhuinn and Blay's story being told during Payne and Manny's story as a subplot.  I know that is still a good ways away but I was curious if we may see their story at that time?

Hmmmmmmm I'm not sure about Murhder yet so I'm going to KEEEP READDDDDDDDDING that one!

I'm not sure what exactly is in Payne and Manny's book other than them- there's going to be stuff with the Scribe Virgin, that's for sure!!!! 

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

KimF1975 wrote:

Hi JR!!!

I'm curious which songs  of Pink?I am a huge fan of hers and have been listening to her CD's alot lately. Some of her songs and Paramore's really remind me of the Brothers too!

Another question I have is will Xhex be a part of the Brotherhood?Or will she just be out on patrol with the Brothers?

BTW, really enjoyed Covet! 

I'm so glad you liked COVET!!  I like Funhouse- it reminds me of the Angels!

I think Xhex needs to be part of the Brotherhood :smileyvery-happy:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

eternalheart wrote:

I forgot to ask in my other post:  Will whatever connection there is between JM and Darius be revealed in his book?

LOLOL  That's a huge KEEEEEEEEEEEP READDDDDDDDDDDDDDING!   *hugs*

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

kazzy wrote:

Hi warden love the book .Sorry to lower the tone but do we get to ever find out what the lie is and i'm expecting a big keep reading but Just have to say COVET and the BDB are brilliant

Hi!  The lie between V and me?  Yeah, that's something I've gone into and might well never.... 

Am so glad you likey the Angels and the Brothers!