Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
HairGoddess
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

Hello WARDen! Just wanted to let you know that I really loved Covet! I loved the set up and how it kept me guessing how the story was going to play out. The Gents-good guys or bad? Okay -good- check! Devina- good or bad? Okay- super bad-check! Ad and Eddie-on the side of good or not? Okay-on the side of good-check! It was AWESOME. *and* being such a fangrrl, I really loved the cross over elements...I geeked out everytime! So, now, my writer of all things sultry yummy and steamy...my question:

I know writing wasn't your first career. How did you transistion from one to another? Did you always know you would write? How did you know it was time to quit the day job?

And finally, what is the hardest thing about being a proffessional writer that you didn't realize before you started actually *doing it*?

Thanks, Your cellie, HairGoddess!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

I'm just going to take off for dinner!  I might get back on tonight- but I'll defo be back on tomorrow afternoon after 2 p.m. when I'm finished with John Matthew's work for the day- might check in during breaks :smileywink:

Keep asking!  And thanks for your support!

New User
Shanda33
0 Kudos

Hey, I am a HUGE fan! Are you coming to Jacksonville Florida anytime? I would probably pass out if I ever saw you, yet I would love to get your autograph! Your books are amazing! Thank you for taking me out of my daily routine and into world of vampires, lessers, angels, demons and hot romance! I love Zsadist! I can't wait for Lover Mine! When will the second book of the fallen angel series be out? Loved the Covet! Anyway, I guess I made to much of a fool of myself so I will go now. LOVE YOUR WORK!!!!:smileyhappy:

New User
maddyme
0 Kudos

J.R. Ward, October 19-23

Hi Warden!

Just wanted to let you know that I love your writing. Your characters are so human, real and imperfect in their own way. A majority of authors make their leads this physically perfect beings with maybe some emotional baggage. But you write about real people with such depth. I still remember the first book of yours I read - was Z - I was simply blown away.

Onto Covet - loved it. My question is - how did Adrian restrain Devina? And what is the backstory to their encounter? Will we get to know more about that in Crave?

By the way, I abso love Dog. I hope we see him in the future books.

BDB - You mentioned that the BDB books are open ended. Does it mean that we will have new brothers introduced? Or, are we looking at stories about the current secondary characters like Trez, iAm?

With respect to Tohr, have we met the person he will end up with? Any clue in that regard? I just love this male. He has been through so much, my heart just breaks for him. Next to Z and Rehv, he has really been dealt a horrible hand by fate.

Finally, who do you read? I know, for me, its you. I pretty much love everything you write (obsessively actually). Which author stands out to you?

Contributor
Linnnniee
0 Kudos

**Waven at the WardEN!! I have to say that I LOVED Covet. I am a diehad Cellie.

My question for you is since there will be 7 books one for each sin. I am wonderng 

Jim cant win all the battles. Because with the battle is who ever gets to 4 wins... Right???

So Evil has to win a few.. ???  YES?? 

I soo love that Jim got a dog that has way more going on than just being a dog.

I cant wait for Lover Mine and for Crave.

It was a pleasure to meet you again at RWA in DC. I hope you liked the Mo's bacon bar, FN mints and

Book-thong we gave you.  And thanks again for being such a sweetie.

New User
Shanda33
0 Kudos

I was just wondering when I was reading The Covet, was it Phury that Marie ran into at the church?

New User
tekla
0 Kudos

JR-Ward wrote:

tekla wrote:

Hey WARDen! This is Tekla, and well you know how we Team Qhuay live literally off every little thing you say of these two, so I was wondering if you had something to say to Team Qhuay to help us hanging on? :smileywink:

Thank you! <3

Hey Tekla!! How you?! 

Well... I'll tell you, I too am a member of Team Qhuay!  And they will get their HEA you just have to hang with me through LOVER MINE!  Promise it's going to be okay :smileyhappy:

Does that mean Team Qhuay is not gonna likey LOVER MINE??? O_O Should I start getting myself ready for... uh, what exactly? LOLOL

New User
Vhyper
0 Kudos

Hello Warden,

I am such a huge fan of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books and I loved Covet and I can't wait for Crave or LoverMine!

I wanted to ask I had heard that Jim appears in LM like some of the brothers did in Covet.

I also wanted to ask will we see or hear anymore about MT and Vin and also will we be seeing all of the brothers like it was in LAv?

Like I said love your books and I can't wait for May to come any sooner LM has been on my mind since I found out alittle info about John and well that Blay looses his.....Ummm yeah. :smileytongue:

Vhy.

New User
Natascha
0 Kudos

Hi WARDen,

On the boards I have read numerous times about JM having his throat slit.  When did this go down? 

Also, what inspired you to put Caldwell in NY and mention the Northway and the Adirondacks?  I got such a kick when I saw the Northway mentioned in your book.  I live off exit 9 on the Northway and the leaves are so beautiful right now in the Adirondacks.  I had to laugh when I saw Hannaford mentioned too. 

New User
August_moon
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

does he make you blush more than Butch did?

Also is the SV the female for Tohr's HEA?

New User
Kellybug
0 Kudos

JR-Ward wrote:

tekla wrote:

Hey WARDen! This is Tekla, and well you know how we Team Qhuay live literally off every little thing you say of these two, so I was wondering if you had something to say to Team Qhuay to help us hanging on? :smileywink:

Thank you! <3

Hey Tekla!! How you?! 

Well... I'll tell you, I too am a member of Team Qhuay!  And they will get their HEA you just have to hang with me through LOVER MINE!  Promise it's going to be okay :smileyhappy:

Hello WARDen! This is Kellybug, another faithful Team Qhuay member from your message board.  After reading about what was said at the Crestview KY signing, and after reading your reply to Tekla here, I've really got to ask something. When you say they will get their HEA, are you saying that Blay and Qhuinn are each other's HEA's?

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Erin-R-Isherwood wrote:

Hello WARDen!

Thank you for writing spectacular books!!  They provide a much needed escape from my "normal" stay-at-home-Mom life.  :smileyhappy:

Would you please give us a little peek in to JM and Tohr's relationship?  Is there any mending or healing between those two in Lover Mine?  

Thank you thank you thank you!
Cheers-

Erin

Awww you are so kind!  As for Tohr and John Matthew- you're going to see a lot of healing- LOT of it.  There's one scene in particular I'm thinking of- it's them reconnecting.  I think a lot of it has to do with JM understanding more vicerally (SP?) what Tohr went through when he lost Wellsie, you know?

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

katbruce wrote:

Maybe you've already done this somewhere...?

It'd be great to have a playlist...like a mix tape or something...

for each book.

What you were listening to when you were writing it,

or what you think the main character would have been listening to...

A sort of soundtrack for the book as if it were a movie.

Love the brothers.

Thanks for writing.

Hope they continue for a long while :smileyhappy:

Aww thankies!  Me too!  And I did this the other night on the message boards- I posted the songs I thought of when I wrote each of the Brothers- was a lot of fun!

Did get me hooved though- darned donkey is fast!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

cosmoCS wrote:

Hi Ms. Ward,

I just want to say you are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a mom of three and one is handicapp and i just want to say thank you thank you, for giving me the world of the Brotherhood to escape to. I am on the last one and i fall in love with each brother you write about. I have two questions one, where did you come up with this stuff? the love making you write is WOW! and please tell me you plan on writing about the boys for a very long time!   And thank you once again!!!!!!!!!!!!   camille

Awwww thankies and I hope to keep writing the Brothers for a very very long time!  The series is open ended and as long as the stories show up in my head and people want to read them, I hope to keep going!

And as for the "where"... I don't have a good answer for that- they just kind of play like movies in my head, you know?  And I try and get them down on paper as best I can!

New User
wardbdb
0 Kudos

Looking forward to the chat tomorrow night with all the Cellies.  All of us can't wait to get all of our questions and POV's out to you about Covet and the BDB.  I am almost finished reading it again.  Figured I would read it again and pick up on some of the parts that I missed so I can ask some questions during the chat.

I still have questions about the poor young girl who Devina had hanging in her apartment.  Jim was so taken aback when he saw what had been done to her.  And then when he went back to the apartment, everything was gone, including the girl's body.  I am still wondering if Jim's and the girl's paths will unite in the future.

Also, this is a question from LR but it has been on my mind and I figured I would ask it here.  When Butch went to see Marissa and was turned away by the doggen, he thought she just didn't want to see him anymore, but she told him that she didn't know he had come.  No one had told her.  She told him that if she had known he was there then she would have basically made a bee line to see him.  She told him that she was in the bed down with the flu.  Well, my question is how would she have the flu 'cause I thought the vampires did not get human illnesses.  They could not get STD's either.  Just wondering about the flu matter.

And thank you so much for the BDB.  It is fabulous and you have opened up the best vampire world that we could possibly want.  You are the greatest.

New User
samanthaw
0 Kudos

From what I can decipher so far from your twisty clues and keep readings....sounds like Xhex goes through some major trauma when being held by Lash. *tear* me likey Xhex and JM (so hot!!)

I am wondering if what she goes through then helps her in some way to keep her sympath urges at bay after she is rescued? Just curious?!?!

Oh, and this sounds completely ridiculous but I have been kept up a few nights wondering about JM's safety since he has been stealing V's ink. Not a wise decision on JM's part in my mind...I mean...who would mess with V (mmmm.....V.....yum yum).

Thanks for being a brilliant genius and for the torturing us with your Keep Reading....I always have to laugh out loud when I read one of those.

New User
dahliaqueen
0 Kudos

Hi Warden,

Will we be seeing any new playmates for Nalla?  I know that you have said that Rhage and Mary are going to adopt, but can we expect any other little bundles of joy?  Also, in the BDB Guide you had the wonderful deleted scene of Nalla, Uncle Phury, Aunt Cormia and little Aggie---will we get to meet him anytime soon?  Will Nalla have any siblings?

Also, the next time you write an update for the guide do you think the shellan's and Nalla will let you interview them?  That could reeeeeeeealllllllly be enlightening!!!!!!!  Watching Z love his daughter is really a pleasure.

One last question.  Is Tohr's HEA the Mother we met in Butch's book (the one whose %^#^#*$ hellren was abusing her and her sweet daughter?).  Waiting for Tohr is really torture.......

Thank you for writing the BDB I love your work so much.  Escaping into your world is better than a Godiva Key Lime Truffle!  Blessings to you.

Susan

Contributor
Erin-R-Isherwood
0 Kudos

**HUGE SMILE**:smileyvery-happy:

Thank you for filling us in on JM and Tohr!

Their relationship is so amazing and it makes me happy to know they will reconnect. 

Can't wait for Lover Mine. 

Don't worry about word count. 

Long books are good

That means more time with the BDB crew!

Cheers!
Erin

New User
lilbitofchaos
0 Kudos

JR-Ward wrote:

lilbitofchaos wrote:

hi!

love the books and have a quick question :smileyhappy:

will there be any slices of life for covet or any new ones for the brotherhood?

thanks in advance:smileyhappy:

Hi lilbitofchaos!  You know... here's my thing, the next big thing that happens to Rhage and Mary has to do with children.  So I wanted to do a SOL but I don't think that's going to be enough space, you know?  To do it justice?  I was thinking about putting it into another book as a subplot but it's too big... so now I'm like huh maybe we could do like a Father Mine sized stand alone?  I just need to find the time! :smileyvery-happy:

OMG! thank you so much for responding!

i know whatever you decide i'll be stalking the message board or ready to click the buy button on my kindle :smileywink: 

ps i love them so much i have them in either hard or paperback too that i keep in a safe place!

New User
marshmallowacj
0 Kudos

Hi WARDen!

I love the Brothers and Angels, thank you for sharing them with all of us.

My questions (yes, I have more than one) are about the BDB world. We know that Rhage and Mary are going to adopt a little bundle of joy soon, right? Well, this got me thinking about the family issue for same sex couples in the vampire world *cough* Blay&Qhuinn *cough* So, I was wondering.... If Blay and Qhuinn do turn out to be each other's HEA, would they be able to adopt sometime in the future if they wanted to? Of course this is all purely hypothetical. Totally. *smiles innocently*

And also, what kind of music does Blay like?

I'll probably think of more Q's to ask later.