Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
NikkiQuin
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

Hi JR! Of course I absolutely love your writing! But I really wanted to say thank you... For writing, but also for including a section for aspiring writers in your insiders guide! I have been inspired by you to work on my own manuscript, which excites me at the same time it makes me nauseas, lol. The part where you said you worried about never being as good as your favorite author...Yep, I get that! Anyway, LOVE ALL your books! Maybe someday you'll like one of mine. Who knows? Keep up the good work!

Nikki

Contributor
mysteryk33
0 Kudos

I wanted to ask this at the Radcliffe KY signing for Covet but forgot-too much going on.

You mentioned at another signing that you were really stoked about what happens to Lash. Does his story play out in Lover Mine or will he be around a while longer. I   r  e  a  l  l  y dislike that kid. 

See you in Radcliffe hopefully in May 2010.

New User
kristin13
0 Kudos

Hi Warden,

Love the Brothers sooo much and I loved Covet too!  Thank you so much for taking time out to answer questions - it's so wonderful that you do this for your fans.

My question is about the recurring references/allusions to Mary in both BDB books and now Covet.  Is there something more to that or am I just thinking too much?

In Rhage's book there's Mary herself, then Butch thinks the SV reminds him of the VM, and now in Covet all the references to Mary Magdalene and Vin keeping the prayer card that reminds him of Marie-Terese.  

Kristin

New User
MarciaBC
0 Kudos

Just so you know we love you in all your incarnations, I'd like to say one word: O'Banyon.

It gave our reader group of O'Banyon supporters hope to see our favorite lawyer, Mick, show up in Covet, so we're with fingers crossed that Sean's poor brothers will get their stories, someday.  We worry.

In the meantime, we are loving the Brothers and the Angels.

Thanks.

New User
Jonnet
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Center Stage/About Center Stage

Hi ya..me again. Jonnet

I was thinking about all of your books and plots. I wanted to know if you ever find yourself focusing to much on a plot. Example...Covet had one huge plot but many subs...BDB *sighs* well, I can't even count how many is in there? To me if feels like it's a huge balloon and it keeps getting bigger. Is it hard for you to keep count of everything? And also, is there going to ever be a black dagger sisterhood??? Payne helping Wrath out was so very cool. I think her and Xhex will be great adds! hehee

Thanks a bunch!!!

Jonnet

Contributor
gaharleygirl
0 Kudos

I too am interested in learning about your transition from RL-"this-sucks"-day-job to Fabulous-Author-creating-new-worlds. I'm a newbie writer, and I would so love to be able to spend hours a day with my characters, but usually I only get one or two hours of play time with them...how did you do it?

ps...many thankies for the Insiders Guide and sharing that jewel of wisdom given you by the wonderful Suzanne Brockmann

New User
IheartBDB55
0 Kudos

HEY WARDEN!!

how are you?!

you are amazing!!! I love your books! THANK YOU so much for the brothers! 

I am on team qhuay and have two questions for you!

1- does qhuinn ever think about the kiss him and blay had?

and...

2-  does blay develop serious feelings for saxton or is it more of  wanting to move on and make qhuinn jealous?

New User
Erica113
0 Kudos

Hello WARDen!

First let me just say that reading your books brings me so much happiness.  As strange as this may sound, I just discovered that I LOVE reading this past year at the age of 28.  I come from parents who are both avid readers and much to their surprise, I never really got into it.  I suppose it may have been that I never really found the genre that could hold my attention or never even gave reading much of a chance. Either way I always found it strange that people would rather read than watch a movie.  Well, after devouring the entire Sookie Stackhouse series in 2 weeks, I was desperate for another book series to dive into.  A friend of mine raved about your BDB series so I bought Dark Lover and the rest was history. :smileyhappy:  I read every single book in the series in about 2.5 weeks and went through SERIOUS withdrawals until I found the Yahoo group which has provided me with great suggestions for new reads as well as turned me to Covet (which I started and finished this past weekend.....LOVED IT!).  When I dive into one of your books, it takes me away from the everyday "normalcy" and allows me to get lost into another world.....I just love that!  I now look forward to reading whenever I have a spare moment, and believe me with a 3 year old that isn't always easy.:smileywink:  So, I wanted to say THANK YOU for being so much a part of opening my eyes to the wonderful and entrancing world of reading.  BTW, the way the write those delicious Brothers is going to ruin it for all human males.:smileywink:

Ok, after that novel.....I actually have a question.  Will we hear more about Rehvenge and the symphath colony?  I loved Lover Avenged and found myself completely drawn to Rehvenge's character (good LORD to you write him to be simply yummy!)  Also, after reading Covet and getting a little small taste of Trez, will we finally get to know a little more about him?  I loved that you threw in "familiar" things throughout Covet eventhough it's a whole new series.  I loved the cross references between the two series.  Keep up the great work!   I hang on every word you write in your books and am always left wanting more. 

Thank You!!!

Erica

New User
Wrathsfemale
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Center Stage/About Center Stage

((Waving)) Hi!!  Just wanted to say that I LOVED Covet. Had no problems whatsoever getting into it. In fact I read it twice and totally see that you had to build Jim's story. I can't wait for Crave. It's going to be a long 12 months.

My Brotherhood question is in regards to the Chosen. I know their transformation was kind of Phury's back story but I am really intrigued by the group. Other than Cormia, Selena, and Layla, will we see some more development with them and how Phury guides them?

Thanks for your time and dedication to these characters. They really keep me going when times get rough.

Amy

New User
Foolish_Flirt
0 Kudos

Hello Ms. Ward.

I have to say I love your BDB series.  I heard about your series after I read the other Vampire warrior series by Lara Adrian. So I bought your box set and read all 6 books in 5 days.  I loved it!!

The really big difference between the two series is that in yours, the BDB world is a full tapestry of background.  you feel like thier world is vast and you want to know more about it.  Too, the characters keep the stories fueled, and you want to know what happens to all the others characters you introduce , like Rhev, xhex, John Matthews, the Sympath realm, and not least of all Payne.  I can't wait to read about her.  I just wanted to say, that i Iove your imagination, you're a true wordsmith.  Thank you for the wonderfull stories. 

New User
Mujerluminosa
0 Kudos

Hi J,

I love, love, love Covet -- I read parts of the book to my mom and she said "why are you reading books about bad magic?!!" I totally get it – I couldn’t believe it when I was reading parts of your book; but I definitely get it. Yikes!  I am especially excited to learn more about Eddie -- love his character.  I thought Vin di Pietro was absolutely delicious - even, pre-Marie-Terese, though his change was splendid.

I'm echoing my goddess friend Marcia BC’s pitch -- and putting in a plug for Billy and Mac O'Banyon.  Also, I’m wondering if Mick Rhodes will one day get his own book -- he needs a partner (and a dog!) for that big, ol' house in Greenwich!  He sure has some interesting friends and clients. J

Since your characters cross over will Devina run into Trez and iAm, or the Brothers some day?  As long as she doesn't meet up with Lash -- though they are a match made in you know wherel! LOL! 

I bet you brought a lot of new users to BN today -- cheers! 

And much congrats on a fabulous new series (can’t wait for Crave) and love, love, love, love Covet!

Hugs,

Stephanie

"We're not obsessed, just intensely focused."

PS - loved the dedication

New User
WolfGirlAB
0 Kudos

J.R.  

I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE your BDB series.  I just happened to pick up Dark Lover while in the bookstore and loved it from the very first page.  I am almost finished with Lover Unbound and I can't wait to get through the rest of the books.  I am really looking forward to JM's book and I can't wait for Thor to come back. :smileyhappy:  Thanks for all your creative writing I hope the Brothers keep telling you their stories!

Amy B.

New User
bbvtammy
0 Kudos

HI J.R.!

I want to say THANK YOU for all the hardwork you put into your books, ESPECIALLY the Brotherhood!

They are like real people to me and my co-worker. We talk about the characters like they are people we PERSONALLY know. No one else seems to get it, but we do, and that's all that matters:smileywink:

My question is, will the Shellans have more of a role in the upcoming books?

THANKS!

The BDB ROCKS!
New User
chahna_bean
0 Kudos

WARDen,

You are an absolutely amazing author!!! 

I have been dying to buy Covet but since i am broke, i have to wait :smileysad:

I have a couple questions about the BDB series though....

Will Scribe Virgin maybe have her own book? We know only a little about her because of V, but will we know more about what she went through before him and Payne?

When are you going to kill off Lash? I hate him!!!!! 

Will we know anything more about V and Jane? 

What about Havers? He's still depressed over the loss of his shellan and unborn child.....

Someone had brought up a really good point about maybe Tohr falling in love with the woman whose hellren would beat her and her little daughter.... or is there someone else we haven't heard of? Will it be Wellsie reincarnated? OR is that woman going to be paired up with someone else?

Will any of the brothers ever realize that JM is a reincarnate of Darius? I always loved Darius even though he was only there for the first chapter. :smileysad: I hope that JM finds out at least. 

Oh and is Payne going to be matched with Manello? Because when V saw him, the word Brother popped in his mind.

Ultimately, how many books do you think will be in the series?

When is Butch's partner Jose going to come back?

I really hope you get back to me. I feel so depressed when i finish reading the books because then i have to wait until the next one comes out!! 

Love you and thanks for creating a world which i can go to when i want to escape this one!

-Chahna

New User
inmyownriptide
0 Kudos

Hey WARDen!!

I don't really have a question so much as i just want to give some praise!  I LOVE the BDB series!  I just recently bought a shirt from a book themed clothing company online that says 'dont bother, im bonded' hahaha!!  I wanted to thank you for giving us so much of your world, I feel like i know all the brothers. 

My friend and i have had several conversations about which brother we would most like to hang out with (we generally go back and fourth from V and Rhage, even though Zadist is our favorite i think V and Rhage would be the most fun to hang out with lol)

I have recommended this series to everyone i know, i bring them over to the dark side promising leather bound, ass kicking, sexy vampire warriors....its really not that difficult to get them to start the series!!  lol

Im really excited about Covet!!  I bought it the day it came out, but sadly have not had a change to read it yet.  Several of my friends have though and i can already tell im going to love it, just based on what they have not been able to hold back from telling me lol!!

So thanks again for being an amazing writer and keep up the great work!!!

-Amanda

P.S will you be doing any book signings in the Houston Texas area any time soon????

New User
krondor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Warden :smileyhappy:

Firstly can I say that i LOVE the BDB. I think it's great that Covet is so totally different to the BDB.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I just wanted to know a bit more your motivation for the BDB - is it because you wanted to create a whole new world for the kind of story and characters you want to write about, or were you attraced to vampires in the first place (I ask this because I was not and still am not too big a vamp fan outside of the BDB)

2) V's cursed/blessed hand - can he utlize this as a weapon in combat, or are there other benefits to it that we will see later on? (I've obviously watched too many comic-book-turned-action-movies involving heroes with super powers!)

Lastly I just had to add that I was really excited when I was travelling a couple of months ago and saw your books in Reykjavik, I had a take a photo of it in the bookshop (my boyfriend thought I was nuts!)

Love,

k

New User
Marsha-K
0 Kudos

WARDen Thank you just can not be said often enough for sharing the brothers. They have become a part of my daily life...

CONGRATS on the NY Bestseller List!!!!! *raising my glass of Herradura*

Completely bummed about missing the CHAT tonight.

I know there has been a lot of verbiage going through the email group about Covet. Totally different. Enjoyed the intro to these new characters. Will re-read it again in a few weeks, since I always seem to catch something overlooked in the first read. Caught the reference to Phury going into NA.

My questions: 1. What's the significance of DOGs limp?  2. Will we be getting a closer look at what made Adrian and Eddie FALLEN? Last for the moment, 3. Will Vin/Gretchen/Sean be seen in further story lines? 

LM-make it as long as you need to.   "if you build it they will come". 

marshakae

New User
Penny_King
0 Kudos

May 2010 seems like forever to wait for another JR Ward and another Charlaine Harris. I seem to be addicted to vampires and now, fallen angels. You have a dedicated fan base here in the Phoenix area. Dark Lover may have been passed around from reader to reader at the office but by the time Rev's story was released everyone had to have their own copy. Will you be adding the valley of the sun to your book signing tour? The B & N at Tempe Marketplace would be an excellent location.

New User
Jacquiekat
0 Kudos

(((((((WARDen))))))))

Ahh, once again WARDen I appreciate your appearance. I can't wait till the chat opens up tomorrow *looks at clock, starts counting down* and I can not tell you how thankful I am you put up with all the harassment from us Cellies and we soooo don't mind the KEEEEEPPPPP REEEEAAAADDDDIIIINNNNGGGGSSSS *bats lashes, puckers mouth* okay, maybe that was a fib. *smirk*

Finding the time to do all the things you do and still bring us the Brothers lives and now the Angels is amazing. I bow *bows reverenty* to your amazing time management skills and shared obsession with the Brothers (and they would keep bugging you till you got their stories out) *giggle*

The question I have is regarding the SV, Omega, and their pappa making an appearance. I can imaging the Scribe Virgin's father must have had his head tilt when the Chosen were given free choice and am curious to see what those three reactions to such a HUGE shift in how things have been since the beginning is.

Again thanks tons and tons for all you do and I understand everything takes time *pout* but I don't have to wait too patiently *evil giggle, wags brows, wink*

OH and keep it comin with the Rap.... I Gave a huge WOOT when I first read the series and there were some CHOICE tunes plugged. I *heart* that ;-)

JacquieKat

Devoted Cellie #26600

WND #25

New User
Sunne
0 Kudos

Okay, I sooo love how you give us little tidbits. But I have still so many questions:

Will we read about the Brothers side of the covet events...like Phury wondering what Marie-Theres is doing in the church or why Butch is there (he must be the guy with the Red Sox cap!)?

And why did Marie-Theres never wondered about Xhex? In the BDB-books she seemed to be "closer" to her than to Trez...knowing about the JM/Xhex thing, talking with her about new girls, etc.

Okay, and I always thought that Michael is in no way related to the BDB-world because there had been significant differences in the whole "vampire-being", eg. change in puberty, drinking only once a year from a human. But on the other hand....is the lawyer really the same one? I have to check this...and does that mean Michael could/would meet the Brothers one day?

And my most important question is (because I'm a Manny-girl from the his first apperance):

What did Xhex sense when she went to the morgue? Is it that he has some vampire blood in him?

Again, sorry for grammar mistakes, I'm still German :smileywink:

BTW, I don't know if you have a good influence on my language skills....feel me? :smileyvery-happy:

I learned a bunch of not familar friendly words.....:smileyvery-happy: