Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

Shanda33 wrote:

I was just wondering when I was reading The Covet, was it Phury that Marie ran into at the church?

It sure was!  In the basement when the N.A. meeting got out :smileyvery-happy:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Vhyper wrote:

Hello Warden,

I am such a huge fan of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books and I loved Covet and I can't wait for Crave or LoverMine!

I wanted to ask I had heard that Jim appears in LM like some of the brothers did in Covet.

I also wanted to ask will we see or hear anymore about MT and Vin and also will we be seeing all of the brothers like it was in LAv?

Like I said love your books and I can't wait for May to come any sooner LM has been on my mind since I found out alittle info about John and well that Blay looses his.....Ummm yeah. :smileytongue:

Vhy.

Hi!  Am so glad you likey!  Am not sure about Jim- I haven't seen him yet in the book but there's another two hundred pages til the end to draft so not sure.

And you know, I'm wondering about Vin... he's "power" so to speak could be a useful tool in the fight against Devina, you know?

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Natascha wrote:

Hi WARDen,

On the boards I have read numerous times about JM having his throat slit.  When did this go down? 

Also, what inspired you to put Caldwell in NY and mention the Northway and the Adirondacks?  I got such a kick when I saw the Northway mentioned in your book.  I live off exit 9 on the Northway and the leaves are so beautiful right now in the Adirondacks.  I had to laugh when I saw Hannaford mentioned too. 

OMG I'm an upstate kind of girl!  *knuckle taps*  Love live the Adirondacks and I happen to love Hannafords :smileyvery-happy:  Remember when Grand Unions were still around?

And John's injury was just one among many in the war, you know?  He's been cut up so many times- but he gives as good as he gets!!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

August_moon wrote:

does he make you blush more than Butch did?

Also is the SV the female for Tohr's HEA?

John Matthew makes me blush A LOT that's for sure!  And no the SV is not Tohr's HEA :smileyhappy:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Kellybug wrote:

JR-Ward wrote:

tekla wrote:

Hey WARDen! This is Tekla, and well you know how we Team Qhuay live literally off every little thing you say of these two, so I was wondering if you had something to say to Team Qhuay to help us hanging on? :smileywink:

Thank you! <3

Hey Tekla!! How you?! 

Well... I'll tell you, I too am a member of Team Qhuay!  And they will get their HEA you just have to hang with me through LOVER MINE!  Promise it's going to be okay :smileyhappy:

Hello WARDen! This is Kellybug, another faithful Team Qhuay member from your message board.  After reading about what was said at the Crestview KY signing, and after reading your reply to Tekla here, I've really got to ask something. When you say they will get their HEA, are you saying that Blay and Qhuinn are each other's HEA's?

Hi!  All hail Team Qhuay!  They are each other's HEA that is for sure :smileyvery-happy:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

wardbdb wrote:

Looking forward to the chat tomorrow night with all the Cellies.  All of us can't wait to get all of our questions and POV's out to you about Covet and the BDB.  I am almost finished reading it again.  Figured I would read it again and pick up on some of the parts that I missed so I can ask some questions during the chat.

I still have questions about the poor young girl who Devina had hanging in her apartment.  Jim was so taken aback when he saw what had been done to her.  And then when he went back to the apartment, everything was gone, including the girl's body.  I am still wondering if Jim's and the girl's paths will unite in the future.

Also, this is a question from LR but it has been on my mind and I figured I would ask it here.  When Butch went to see Marissa and was turned away by the doggen, he thought she just didn't want to see him anymore, but she told him that she didn't know he had come.  No one had told her.  She told him that if she had known he was there then she would have basically made a bee line to see him.  She told him that she was in the bed down with the flu.  Well, my question is how would she have the flu 'cause I thought the vampires did not get human illnesses.  They could not get STD's either.  Just wondering about the flu matter.

And thank you so much for the BDB.  It is fabulous and you have opened up the best vampire world that we could possibly want.  You are the greatest.

I'm looking forward to tonight's chat as well!  And yeah... the dead girl :smileysad:  you might be seeing her again btw.......

As for Marissa- vampires can abso get viruses, just not human ones.  Similar to the way dogs can get sick from things humans don't and vice versa, you know?

See you tonight!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

samanthaw wrote:

From what I can decipher so far from your twisty clues and keep readings....sounds like Xhex goes through some major trauma when being held by Lash. *tear* me likey Xhex and JM (so hot!!)

I am wondering if what she goes through then helps her in some way to keep her sympath urges at bay after she is rescued? Just curious?!?!

Oh, and this sounds completely ridiculous but I have been kept up a few nights wondering about JM's safety since he has been stealing V's ink. Not a wise decision on JM's part in my mind...I mean...who would mess with V (mmmm.....V.....yum yum).

Thanks for being a brilliant genius and for the torturing us with your Keep Reading....I always have to laugh out loud when I read one of those.

*warms up voice**badly* meemememememeem

All the Xhex stuff is a KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP READDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDING!!!!

And V, you know, he's cool if it's for a good cause :smileywink:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

dahliaqueen wrote:

Hi Warden,

Will we be seeing any new playmates for Nalla?  I know that you have said that Rhage and Mary are going to adopt, but can we expect any other little bundles of joy?  Also, in the BDB Guide you had the wonderful deleted scene of Nalla, Uncle Phury, Aunt Cormia and little Aggie---will we get to meet him anytime soon?  Will Nalla have any siblings?

Also, the next time you write an update for the guide do you think the shellan's and Nalla will let you interview them?  That could reeeeeeeealllllllly be enlightening!!!!!!!  Watching Z love his daughter is really a pleasure.

One last question.  Is Tohr's HEA the Mother we met in Butch's book (the one whose %^#^#*$ hellren was abusing her and her sweet daughter?).  Waiting for Tohr is really torture.......

Thank you for writing the BDB I love your work so much.  Escaping into your world is better than a Godiva Key Lime Truffle!  Blessings to you.

Susan

Hi Susan!!  You'll have to see what happens on the baby front- I love Aggie, btw too cute!  And Tohr's HEA- I'm going to hush about that- I'm getting the evil eye as we speak!!

You are too sweet and thank you for all your support!

Contributor
pjohn10
0 Kudos

WARDen and that was Butch in the back of the church too right?  You are so clever....can not wait until Lover Mine.......I still say you are a tease......but that's what we love about you !  Hey, how do you pronounce Cormia???? It's been bugging me forever....thanks!

PJ

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

marshmallowacj wrote:

Hi WARDen!

I love the Brothers and Angels, thank you for sharing them with all of us.

My questions (yes, I have more than one) are about the BDB world. We know that Rhage and Mary are going to adopt a little bundle of joy soon, right? Well, this got me thinking about the family issue for same sex couples in the vampire world *cough* Blay&Qhuinn *cough* So, I was wondering.... If Blay and Qhuinn do turn out to be each other's HEA, would they be able to adopt sometime in the future if they wanted to? Of course this is all purely hypothetical. Totally. *smiles innocently*

And also, what kind of music does Blay like?

I'll probably think of more Q's to ask later.

Hi!!  Blay likes Jazz- as for Rhage and Mary, I'm not sure I ever said they're adopting :smileywink:  And same sex couples can abso adopt.  One hundred percent!

New User
Jacquiekat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

*waves* WARDen...... *gives big'ol mug of coffee, and scones*

Good morning.

Alright I picked up LAv again last night for another reread and got to thinkin...... JM and Z are alot alike on some major points.... they gonna get close and think Z will share more bout himslef so JM knows he's not the only one who suffered that kind of attack (in the stairwell)? I'm sure he's gotta be close to Z till he and Tohr reconcile and I remember how broken up everything was when he was gone grieveing.  

I thought Wrath was right on the money putting those two together for a while, Z's surely a good thang for JM..... strong influence on how things were and could be type thing. If anyone can communicate hope it would be Z fo sho.

I can not wait to hear about Adrian but I have a feelin Ima wanna kick some serious Divina a&^^% when I find out what happened  between them. *grrrrr* Will we ever hear why Dog limps, I know they said it's just his thang but the curiousity got the bestest of me. *shrugs, hands out*  what can I say curiosity and Kat right. *Evil giggle*

Sooo stoked for the chat today.... gonna be runing around wit the laptop so I hope the wifi can keep up LOL

JacquieKat

Contributor
pjohn10
0 Kudos

WARDen you just gave a *wince* regarding the end of LM when they find out who exactly Wrath has been sparing with on the other side......is that for everyone or mostly V......you mentioned somewhere that Payne knows she is V's twin.....what's doin with that?  Did mom tell her or does she just know????  OH I CAN'T WAIT.   

I love your writing BTW, you've really ruined it for everyone else you know :-)

PJ

New User
winencheez
0 Kudos

Yea!!!  I am so excited and in great anticipation of John's book!  BDB is such a great series, so rich in detail, seamless writing, totally real and engaging dialogue---I could go on and on!   J.R. Ward, we love you.  We have a small, informal book club going among some family members and friends, all of them female, and we revel in Daggerhood 'damia!  Thank you thank you!! 

Just read Covet and I'd like to ask a question.  Will we hear of or see Lassiter in this series?  Loved the book and enjoyed comparing it to the BDB.  Covet seemed similar to Dark Lover in that it was relatively sparse in detail but a total set up for what it to come.

In anticipation of your reply~

Best

winencheez  

Reader 2
kazzy
0 Kudos

hi warden'

rereading a couple of points so i could  put  a question to you that keeps nagging at me.I'm so sorry if been asked before .Do we get to find out what went down with lassiter and the brothers and when lassiter went to rev to find the brothers about tohr rev said something about lassiter from before do we get to find out about that aswell

thank you for the brothers, angels and all the future books

New User
E_Mckennie
0 Kudos

Hi Ms JR,

First let me apologize if I'm doing this all wrong I'm new to the message board 15mins new to be exact lol, I just want to say I love your BDB series and I will be picking up  Covet this Thursday, didn't have a clue that this book was out now. I am relatively new to the BDB series as well I am actually reading Butch and Marissa's story now (lovely every second of it!!!) My question is probably a bit premature but since I have grown an attachment to Tohrment and Welsie and cried like a baby when she was killed (still smarting over that one). I'm dying to know what becomes of Tohrment he has a special place in my heart and I just want to know if he'll be okay, I know I probably sound horribly silly but I just gotta know!

New User
Jonnet
0 Kudos

Just wanted to say thx. for the reply. *much luv*

Jonnet

Ps. just join the yahoo group...going to love it!

Contributor
Gail18940
0 Kudos

Hi JR!!

I hope I'm doing this right-I'm techno impaired.

The BDB is awesome-my family knows better than to interupt  me when I read. And Covet was amazing!! Thank you for giving us all so much joy.

I had a question about sympaths. The vampires were created by the  SV. The doggen were a subspecies of the vampires. So where did the sympaths come from. The say  they evolved fron vampires but are reptilian-like. They must have similar anatomy to produce children with vampires.

And what are the Shadows?

See you in chat tonight!!

((((((((HUGS))))))))

Gail

New User
Citrihne
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello WARDen!!

I absolutely loved COVET.  It was a slow build, but definitely worth the wait.  Once I got to about chapter 28, I couldn't put the book down.

I loved the end scene with Vin & Robbie.  Robbie/Sean is wise beyond his years. 

I am curious to know how Vin rebuilds his life, now that he's sold his business & is giving  back.  Will we see how this happens and his future with Gretchen & Sean?

Adrian is my favourite character, I think.  I am also so curious about what happened between Adrian and Devina?  Will that come out in Crave or future Angels books?

~ Citrihne

New User
MookieLuv
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi ((WARDEN))

Just wondering....Will you do a book tour in California?

Looking forward to the chat tonight....CANT WAIT!!!! :smileyhappy:

(will the brothers n the angels be there?)

New User
Citrihne
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi again WARDen...

My second question is about the Brothers.

I am so wanting to know a more about Trez & iAm...where did the Moors come from?

I'm also curious about the history between Rehvenge, Xhex, Trez & iAm...how did the meet originally?  Why are they so loyal to each other?

I am looking forward to reading Lover Mine.  JM has been one of my favourite characters since he was introduced as that skinny, lonely pretrans.  I read here that he and Tohr reconnect...I am so glad to hear that.  I also want to read more about Qhuinn & especially Blaylock's POV's in LM. 

Is it spring yet??

~Citrihne