Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

Hi WARDen! :smileywink:

Love your nickname!  it just reminds me that we're all prisoners of the wonderful vampire world you've created and just lovin' it and you to pieces!!!

I just wanted you to know that I love the format in which you're answering the questions and I have a few more.  I had to pull out Phury's book to find this, so I could ask this question regarding Rehvenge and The Princess.  I don't know if it's just me or I'm reading it wrong or what, but here goes.

1.  Is The Princess not Vampire or Human?  If not what is she?  I'm not going to tell you what I thought she was.  I maybe wrong and I'll get pounced on!

2.  If John Matthew is the reincarnation of Darius, then that would technically make him Beth's father and brother?  Is that right or does the previous life not count since he is reincarnated?

3.  Can you pronounce Xhex's name.  I'm pronouncing it Hex with the X as being silent.  Is this right?

4.  Also, I've read all of the questions and answers about Mary and Rhage wanting a baby.  I know Mary can't have one, but what about surrogacy?  I haven't saw that mentioned. Just thought I'd ask (smiling), although I can see you telling me to read on!

6.  How can Melissa get the flu if vampires are not susceptible to human illnesses?  I know they can't get STD's.  Are they only immune to STD's, but can catch other human illness or disease?  I'm stumped on this.

I just want to let you know that Father Mine was just fantastic!  Z had my heart breaking and then cheering for all the love he had for his wife and daughter.  He is a wonderful daddy!  Hey, if (when) you do Rhage and Mary's baby story this would be a nice format to use.  But, hey a full book would be fine too (smiling)!

Just fine!!! 

I like Butch in his BoSox cap, but V? C'mon!  I love that other team!  :smileyhappy:  But, I'm a Celtic fan too!   Never fear I still get to revel, because the Brotherhood lives in Caldwell, New York!  I don't know if you meant to write it that way, but I'd call those two things spoilers. :smileysurprised:Ingenious WARDen!  Simply ingenious!!! (smiling)  One things for sure we all love those sexy vamps!  Yum, yum!

Wishing you lots of hugs and blowing you lots of kisses.  Thanks so much!

New User
SandymSM
0 Kudos

Hi J.R, I love all your books.

I do have one question though.  Was the creepy guy character Saul named after anyone specific? 

New User
tekla
0 Kudos

You said Blay likes jazz, and I was wondering, please can you tell us any of his fav artists or songs? Thank you!! <3

New User
Kd2188
0 Kudos

Good Evening Warden! (It is 9:30pm on the west coast-Las Vegas, Nv)

I just want to say the BDB is my favorite series to date ( been reading since 2005). Thank you so much for writing these amazing stories.

1) I was wondering if Michael would have a little slice of life or is it just for the brothers.

2) Tohr, I know will have a book but in Lover Mine will we see him get his full strength back like Z did in his book. I know what it is like to lose someone you care for, so it must be hard on his body.

3) Tohr and JM, I hope they come back together to have the relationship.

4) Quinn!!!I love him now I keep getting confused, I remeber readin on the Boards that he will have a Female Shellan, but that it has changed. Is that true.

5) Will there be any more bad guys besides Lash...Although he is hot, he has got to go:smileysad:.

6) Do you know if you would ever go to the West Coast, specifically Las Vegas, Nv. If not could you send one of the brothers over.lol. That would be so great!

Thank you again for being such a wonderful and caring author, I can't for lover mine! JM's book will be my College Graduation gift to myself!

New User
brownsuga0829
0 Kudos

Hey Ward,

I fell in love with this series of books so hard, I have people whom never picked up a book, that are reading your books. My favorite stories are Rhage, Z, Butch and V, I cannot pick just one. They all have there own special ingredient to make me read them over and over again. What reeled me in is how your books are totally different from any other author, you are not afraid to go there and you don't sugar code anything. I love the fact that you write your books thoroughly everytime.

I'm trying to figure out V's transition from Butch to Doc Jane (it was really fast, but does not take away from how much I love the story)...Is it possible that V is not completely over Butch? Since Tohr can remate, is it possible that V can be in love with two people at once? Is there a possibility of infidelity between V and Butch? I know Butch does not go there, but you never know.:smileywink:

Referring back to bismith discussion:

..But what I would like to know is that if Tohr remarries does that negate what the rest of the brothers say/feel to their mates if they were to loose their shellans? that they couldnt go on (emotionally) or that they become a walking gohst of themselves if they can just get "remated"...

How was V able to go on if he were so in love with Butch? Although Butch didn't die, wouldn't it be worst for V to watch Butch with another?

BY THE WAY..Love Covet, and am going crazy for LM!!!

-Your Biggest Fan-

New User
84kat
0 Kudos

Hi JR,

I had to ask about one of my favorite Chosen: I was wondering if you have plans to write a book for Selena one day. And if so, are there any tidbits on who her HEA is that you'd be willing to give?

Kat

New User
Lami
0 Kudos

Hi JR

*waves from acoss the ocean*:smileytongue:

Just wanted to say....Lassiter..."sigh*

*sigh*

OK.

Is **FEMALE** an Angel or a Demon or is she something we have not seen before? Is she Lassiter's sister/lover/holder of his jesses ? Where are the jesses?

What is Lassiter worried about? What had him pacing in the room next to Tohr?

Thanks!

Lami

Contributor
pjohn10
0 Kudos

Good morning WARDen thank you so much to chatting with us last night !  It was so great to learn more about you and hear your teasers about the angels and the Brothers *thud*.....JM and Xhex in the tunnel? I'm dying here..... keep wriiiiiiiiiiiiiting and we will keeeeeeepppp reeeeeeaaaaddding.  Love you lots.

My question is ...what are jesses *getting my notes out* you mentioned Lassiter can't get mated until he finds his jesses ? *can't read my scribble*   He intrigues me......but I wish I knew why V hates him so much but because V and Butch are my favs........can't see why V doesn't like you either because we love how you take care of the Brothers........that should count for something for V......  Give a shout out to Butch and Marrisa if you see them.  Can't wait for the next chat ..... have a great Hump Day !

PJ

New User
MacabreUT
0 Kudos

My dearest WARDen - thank you for enriching the lives of so many women with the BDB series.  I know that for me it is at least one hour a night to forget everything and just live in another world. 

Reading this series made me wonder because Wrath has now lost his eyesite and has help will he ever go back out into the field? Also each of the Brothers makes it very clear that they would like children but would not risk the lives of their Shellans (Wesllie/Tohr when he thought she died because of the baby).  How long do they normally carry their young, do a lot of the shellan's die because of the child birth or because of complications?

One of your loyal readers (who can't wait for the next book) - Heidi May

New User
Sunne
0 Kudos

Hello WARDen,

thanks for being so generous and sharing the wonderful information about Blay and Qhuinn. I mean, my copy of LEn opens itself at chapter forty-two:smileywink: The kiss is one of the most wonderful scenes in the best books ever.Ah....the kiss......*sigh*....sorry, I got distracted....

I have another question. I noticed a lot of "God", "Jesus" or "Christ" in the books and I wonder how that fits with their own spiritual world. For example Z wants God to help Bella if she really thinks she needs him.

New User
AngelaYvette
0 Kudos

Hi JR!  *waves*

I really loved Covet.  I can't wait to read more about Jim's job, and DEFINITELY can't wait to read more about Adrian (who I loved from the first moment I saw him LOL). And Devina makes me shudder, but she's a fascinating villain (kinda like Lash in that respect.  The ones I love to hate).  Thanks for the new series, and getting me hooked on something else. :smileywink:

Couple of questions for you - I am so fascinated with No'One.  Do we see anymore of her, learn anymore about her, in Lover Mine?  Or is there anything you can tell me about her?

Are there any other POV's other than you've mentioned already in LM (JM, Xhex, Blay, Qhuinn - I think that's all I've heard)? 

Really hoping to get to a signing here in the spring for LM's release!!

Muah!

Contributor
gaharleygirl
0 Kudos

Hi Warden - just sending you a great big squeeze and a MMUUAHH from the peach state today- thankies for - well - for being here this week, being patient with us and most especially for all your hard work :smileyhappy: We love you bunches

Hugs

Amy

New User
rebourne
0 Kudos

yeah, V seems like a bad ass because he CAN kill you over anything (make you wish you were dead in just one look anyway) but not because he WILL do it. lol. He just lives to threaten but he likes people who stand up to him in the end -- why he liked Butch right away!  I really LOVE how threatening he and Jane were to eachother in the beginning too and how hott it made V for her! ha ha ha ha! It just "flics their bics" that they can't make eachother obey (except in the chamber! woot!)  and they are both soo used to getting their way with others by intimidation in every day life. all the brothers had an WTF? sign over their heads when Jane first started ordering V around and he didn't "kill her" - but eventually conceeded! lol! that's one of my favorite interactions in the series - Jane backtalking V.

Contributor
Gail18940
0 Kudos

Hi JR!!

Great chat last night!! Thankies soooo much. I hope you finally did get to eat dinner. We need you strong, healthy, and writing!!

I wanted to know how a fallen angel becomes fallen.

And I got the impression that Qhuinn and Blay end up together. Is that right?? (I hope so!!)

Hugs!!!!!

Gail

New User
Darling_Nikki
0 Kudos

Well HELLO WARDen!

I will never forget the day I started reading your books. I was @ my cousin's house, VERY DEPRESSED, and saw a red book with a catchy title. I asked my cousin if I could read it (to maybe get my mind off a couple things) and she warned me, "You may not like it becuase it's kinda like fantasy/paranormal romance." That actually didn't scare me off, but I read it anyway....and I've been HOOKED and mentally happy ever since. I guess my mind just needed somewhere to escape, true? And I'm not gonna lie, I honestly thought these "Brothers" were black, due to their dialogue and how they feel about the Brotherhoos and their women (which is all BRILLIANT, by the way).

A few questions/thoughts...

1) YAY for the Moors! Me being a dark-skinned woman myself, I have much love for Trez & iAm! But what the heck is a "shadow?" I gotta know! I gotta know!

2) Why doesn't V like you??? During the first interview, you guys got along quite well, but I saw things have changed while reading "The Interview That Never Happened"...he's my favorite, and I almost stopped liking him for you! HaHa but his mind is too sexxxy for that to happen. Sorry WARDen.:smileysad:

3) I feel a bit sad for the SV because I know her "glow" has dimmed due to the new changes going on with the race and her children. I don't like how she is "disinterested" now, and would like to see her back in her don't-ask-me-questions-or-i'll-shank-you demeanor.

4) Does V dislike Xhex because of what happened to his brother Murdher?

5) Will there EVER be a situation of infidelity among any of the shellans/hellrens? I know in Lover Eternal, Rhage mentioned he used to have sex with the shellans of other males, so I know it happens...

6) So...because V has his mother's "glow," what does Payne have? I'm assuming she takes more after her father since her mom, SV, has been keeping her a$$ sleep all this time (probably because she's been "cuttin' up")

7) And lucky #7....when are the "Brothers" going me meet a "sista"  :smileywink:(lol)

Ahhhh WARDen, you are just marvelous. I hope everyone understands that it takes TRUE talent to write books the way you do. I mean, you have created a whole NEW MEANING to the word "vampire." You even gave them their own language! GENIUS, girl!

Keep doing what you're doing! Oh, and keep those hot tracks on the playlist! We need to get you into some R&B, girl!

Much Love,

Darling_Nikki

New User
JTSing0599
0 Kudos

Hey Warden!!!  Huge fan, HUGE fan here.   My husband thinks I'm crazy, because I'll be reading any of the the BDB and bust out laughing or start crying.  Anyway my family can just think I'm nuts :smileyhappy:

I'm not going to ask for a spoiler, I want to go back in time... Back to DL right after Beth has her transition. She walks into the dining room and Wrath gets up, goes to her and introduces her to the brothers.  Then it says he switches to the old language...after he is done talking to the brothers they all get up & come to her and bury their daggers in the floor.  I would LOVE to know what Wrath said to them.  I'm assuming that he tells them how he feels about her, and would just love to here him actually saying the words to the brothers.

Love your books so much!!!

And I will keeeeep reaaadddding :smileyhappy:

Tiffany

New User
VishousFan
0 Kudos

Crazy, mad LOVE, to you WARDen!!  When I picked up DL and started reading it, I got about half way through with it, and promptly got on-line and ordered the rest of the series up to LU because I just knew I'd HAVE to read them all.  Then LAV came out, and now I'm dying for LM!  I am borderline obsessed with the Brothers.  OK, screw the borderline part!  So much so, that my husband is now reading them just to see what all the fuss is about.  He loves them too!  And Covet is promising to be just as enthralling as the BDB.  I didn't mind the slow start, as I have grown to trust and anticipate, where your writing is concerned.  You have a method to your madness, and we love your madness!:smileyvery-happy:  Okay, enough mushy stuff, here are my questions:

1)  Will you let your heart and mind lead you where Qhuinn and Blay are concerned?  I know there were lots of reservations regarding Butch and V (V is my favorite, but Z......there aren't words for what's in my heart for Z), but I think your fan base is titanium strong now, and Qhuinn and Blay deserve the same expression of love as all the other couples have had.  Do you think you'll be able to go "there" with them?  I know you know what I'm talking about!:smileywink:  They may not have "peaches" but there ARE other fruits! (poor choice of words, sorry....)

2)  Do you think you'll do another IG once a few more books come out?  'Cause while all the stories are probably straight in your head, some of us are having trouble keeping up!:smileyvery-happy:  Especially those of us who can't seem to figure out the message boards (I can't possibly be the only one??)

Thanks for sharing your time and life with all of us.  Your gift of writing, is a gift to us all!  You're simply amazing!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

1lovealways wrote:

Hi WARDen! :smileywink:

1.  Is The Princess not Vampire or Human?  If not what is she?  I'm not going to tell you what I thought she was.  I maybe wrong and I'll get pounced on!

2.  If John Matthew is the reincarnation of Darius, then that would technically make him Beth's father and brother?  Is that right or does the previous life not count since he is reincarnated?

3.  Can you pronounce Xhex's name.  I'm pronouncing it Hex with the X as being silent.  Is this right?

4.  Also, I've read all of the questions and answers about Mary and Rhage wanting a baby.  I know Mary can't have one, but what about surrogacy?  I haven't saw that mentioned. Just thought I'd ask (smiling), although I can see you telling me to read on!

6.  How can Melissa get the flu if vampires are not susceptible to human illnesses?  I know they can't get STD's.  Are they only immune to STD's, but can catch other human illness or disease?  I'm stumped on this.

Hi!  And thankies!!  I'll do my best to answer- the Princess is a symphath, you'll see all about John in LOVER MINE, Xhex is HEX without the "x", and vampires have viruses just like humans do and dogs do and horses do- it just means that, as with HIV for example, vampires don't get that because it's a human thing.

Thankies so much for all your kindness!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

SandymSM wrote:

Hi J.R, I love all your books.

I do have one question though.  Was the creepy guy character Saul named after anyone specific? 

HI!  No it was just his name.  Me no likey him... although I did feel he was a sad character- as well as sociopathic and violent...

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

1)  Will you let your heart and mind lead you where Qhuinn and Blay are concerned?  I know there were lots of reservations regarding Butch and V (V is my favorite, but Z......there aren't words for what's in my heart for Z), but I think your fan base is titanium strong now, and Qhuinn and Blay deserve the same expression of love as all the other couples have had.  Do you think you'll be able to go "there" with them?  I know you know what I'm talking about!:smileywink:  They may not have "peaches" but there ARE other fruits! (poor choice of words, sorry....)

2)  Do you think you'll do another IG once a few more books come out?  'Cause while all the stories are probably straight in your head, some of us are having trouble keeping up!:smileyvery-happy:  Especially those of us who can't seem to figure out the message boards (I can't possibly be the only one??)

Hi there and thankies so much!!  Am glad your husband likes lies the Brothers- my husband reads the books after they come out and he thinks guys could get (and do get) into them as well as the ladies!

As for Blay and Qhuinn, my heart and mind have nothing to do with it.  The story is what it is, you know?  I don't count- although I will say that I want them together (though I have wanted other things to happen in the series and not had any luck with my opinions lol.) 

And defo yes on the IG!  Yeah, the message boards are a thing aren't they- big!