Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

JTSing0599 wrote:

Hey Warden!!!  Huge fan, HUGE fan here.   My husband thinks I'm crazy, because I'll be reading any of the the BDB and bust out laughing or start crying.  Anyway my family can just think I'm nuts :smileyhappy:

I'm not going to ask for a spoiler, I want to go back in time... Back to DL right after Beth has her transition. She walks into the dining room and Wrath gets up, goes to her and introduces her to the brothers.  Then it says he switches to the old language...after he is done talking to the brothers they all get up & come to her and bury their daggers in the floor.  I would LOVE to know what Wrath said to them.  I'm assuming that he tells them how he feels about her, and would just love to here him actually saying the words to the brothers.

Love your books so much!!!

And I will keeeeep reaaadddding :smileyhappy:

Tiffany

Hi!  And yayayayay on the keeeeeeeeeeep readddddddddddddddddding!  He does tell them how he feels about her and how he feels she is queen- which is a big info bomb drop on so many levels!  Maybe I'll do a precise translation at some point but that's the gist!  MUUAH! 

PS join the club- my family thinks I'm nuts too when I do that as I write!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Darling_Nikki wrote:

1) YAY for the Moors! Me being a dark-skinned woman myself, I have much love for Trez & iAm! But what the heck is a "shadow?" I gotta know! I gotta know!

You'll hear soooooooooo much more about them in up coming books- not just Trez and iAm, but the Shadows!

2) Why doesn't V like you??? During the first interview, you guys got along quite well, but I saw things have changed while reading "The Interview That Never Happened"...he's my favorite, and I almost stopped liking him for you! HaHa but his mind is too sexxxy for that to happen. Sorry WARDen.:smileysad:

Oh, we were always bickering and fighting but we put on a good show :smileywink:  it's just the way things are between he and I :smileysad: 

3) I feel a bit sad for the SV because I know her "glow" has dimmed due to the new changes going on with the race and her children. I don't like how she is "disinterested" now, and would like to see her back in her don't-ask-me-questions-or-i'll-shank-you demeanor.

I agree.  Totally- and I think we'll see it!

4) Does V dislike Xhex because of what happened to his brother Murdher?

Actually, he doesn't like her because she slept with Butch and he's all that about his B-man lolol

5) Will there EVER be a situation of infidelity among any of the shellans/hellrens? I know in Lover Eternal, Rhage mentioned he used to have sex with the shellans of other males, so I know it happens...

Not between the Brothers and their mates because the bonding is so strong!  NEVAAAA but other matings are not so tight, you know?  And Rhage was sleeping with aristocrates and civilians back then.  Basically everything that moved.  And maybe a tree or two that didn't... :smileywink:

6) So...because V has his mother's "glow," what does Payne have? I'm assuming she takes more after her father since her mom, SV, has been keeping her a$$ sleep all this time (probably because she's been "cuttin' up")

KEEEEEEEEEP rEADDDDDDDDDDDDDING!!!  lolol

7) And lucky #7....when are the "Brothers" going me meet a "sista"  :smileywink:(lol)

Whenever they do!!  I have my theories but I'm keeping them to myself :smileywink:

Thankies!!!  I'm so glad you likey the Brothers!!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

AngelaYvette wrote:

Hi JR!  *waves*

I really loved Covet.  I can't wait to read more about Jim's job, and DEFINITELY can't wait to read more about Adrian (who I loved from the first moment I saw him LOL). And Devina makes me shudder, but she's a fascinating villain (kinda like Lash in that respect.  The ones I love to hate).  Thanks for the new series, and getting me hooked on something else. :smileywink:

Couple of questions for you - I am so fascinated with No'One.  Do we see anymore of her, learn anymore about her, in Lover Mine?  Or is there anything you can tell me about her?

Are there any other POV's other than you've mentioned already in LM (JM, Xhex, Blay, Qhuinn - I think that's all I've heard)? 

Really hoping to get to a signing here in the spring for LM's release!!

Muah!

Hey AY!  Thank you for being so great at the chat last night!  You and the mods and my son always do a great job!!!!

And I"m KRing all that- I've had the smackdown crash on me!  No more spoilerls *sigh* apparently I've been talking too much :smileysad:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Sunne wrote:

Hello WARDen,

thanks for being so generous and sharing the wonderful information about Blay and Qhuinn. I mean, my copy of LEn opens itself at chapter forty-two:smileywink: The kiss is one of the most wonderful scenes in the best books ever.Ah....the kiss......*sigh*....sorry, I got distracted....

I have another question. I noticed a lot of "God", "Jesus" or "Christ" in the books and I wonder how that fits with their own spiritual world. For example Z wants God to help Bella if she really thinks she needs him.

Aww I love them too!  And that's just vernacular to Z and the Brothers- when they pray to the Scribe Virgin, that's their spirituality coming through....

MUUUAH!!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Kd2188 wrote:

Good Evening Warden! (It is 9:30pm on the west coast-Las Vegas, Nv)

I just want to say the BDB is my favorite series to date ( been reading since 2005). Thank you so much for writing these amazing stories.

1) I was wondering if Michael would have a little slice of life or is it just for the brothers.

2) Tohr, I know will have a book but in Lover Mine will we see him get his full strength back like Z did in his book. I know what it is like to lose someone you care for, so it must be hard on his body.

3) Tohr and JM, I hope they come back together to have the relationship.

4) Quinn!!!I love him now I keep getting confused, I remeber readin on the Boards that he will have a Female Shellan, but that it has changed. Is that true.

5) Will there be any more bad guys besides Lash...Although he is hot, he has got to go:smileysad:.

6) Do you know if you would ever go to the West Coast, specifically Las Vegas, Nv. If not could you send one of the brothers over.lol. That would be so great!

Thank you again for being such a wonderful and caring author, I can't for lover mine! JM's book will be my College Graduation gift to myself!

Hi!!!  awww congratulations on being so close to graduating!  You have like six months left yayayay!  I'm stuck having to KEEP READDDING you on most of your Qs :smileysad:  I suck I know :smileysad: 

I would love to come to LV someday though!  I've always wondered what the strip looks like at night!

New User
AngelaYvette
0 Kudos

JR-Ward wrote:
Hey AY!  Thank you for being so great at the chat last night!  You and the mods and my son always do a great job!!!!

And I"m KRing all that- I've had the smackdown crash on me!  No more spoilerls *sigh* apparently I've been talking too much :smileysad:

Aww, I don't mind KR'ings.  I'ma do that anyways :smileywink:  Besides then I just cross my fingers that more is to come! 

And thank you for doing the chats!  I'm always glad to be at one and help!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

I'm trying to figure out V's transition from Butch to Doc Jane (it was really fast, but does not take away from how much I love the story)...Is it possible that V is not completely over Butch? Since Tohr can remate, is it possible that V can be in love with two people at once? Is there a possibility of infidelity between V and Butch? I know Butch does not go there, but you never know.:smileywink:

Referring back to bismith discussion:

..But what I would like to know is that if Tohr remarries does that negate what the rest of the brothers say/feel to their mates if they were to loose their shellans? that they couldnt go on (emotionally) or that they become a walking gohst of themselves if they can just get "remated"...

How was V able to go on if he were so in love with Butch? Although Butch didn't die, wouldn't it be worst for V to watch Butch with another?

Aww thankies!!!  Nothing negates what the Brothers feel- Tohr just has a different destiny you know?  And he has been devastated as you've seen.  So much to mourn...  :smileysad:  And V loves Butch and Butch loves V- strong ties, just as strong as they have for their mates.  The thing is, I've heard of parents loving each of their children just as strongly only differently- I think that's the same for V and Butch (although naturally on a different level)- there's always more room available in the heart, you know?  And Butch, well... I think I'll just stop right there...

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

84kat wrote:

Hi JR,

I had to ask about one of my favorite Chosen: I was wondering if you have plans to write a book for Selena one day. And if so, are there any tidbits on who her HEA is that you'd be willing to give?

Kat

Hi!!  *waves*  I have KR you!!!  :smileysad:  I'm sorry  :smileysad:

Reader
KatiebabsKG
0 Kudos

Hey JR! Will Layla ever get her own mate? She was a big presense in the first few BDB books and I would to see her get her own HEA.

Babbling About Books, and More!
http://kbgbabbles.blogspot.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/katiebabs
New User
bdbfan1
0 Kudos

Hello Warden, I just wanted to tell you that after meeting you in Radcliff, you remind me so much of Wrath! Not meaning I think you are a 6'9 hot male, but in more meaning of the shades, dark clothing, and more importantly this sense of AWE that I felt. When reading about Wrath, there is this AWE factor about him. In my mind not only strong in body, but in mind and you relay that as well. Wrath is my Brother!!

In Radcliff, you said that the Covet series was going to be several books, is Eddie going to get his own book. I know the wild Adrian is next in Crave, but I am craving some Eddie!! :smileywink:

I also wanted to just thank you for writing. My husband told me I have a serious problem with reading, I am so addicted!! You made me pick up my pen and paper and write the hell out of soul, and for that I am forever grateful!! Thanks again!

Lynn

New User
ladyleofn
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Morning/Afternoon Warden!!!!

Question about Blay and Qhuinn and their HEA.

Before when you stated that Qhuinn would end up with a female, is that because his story had not completely downloaded to you?

Thank you so much for your time.  You ROCK!

Reader 2
kasMO
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for all of your books.  I love the BDB and enjoyed  Covet.  I lurk often on the BDB boards on your web site, havent figured out how to actually use it.  I am a bit intimidated by all of the unbelievable art work, photos, banners as most days I can barely type.  I do find it hard to believe that the Brothers and their stories are not real. I mean how can you write stories that draw your readers in do deeply that they wake up most mornings just wanting to hear another tidbit about their favorite ones. I can only say I think you are Magic and thank you so much for your books.  I laugh and cry over each one, don't know how you get through writing some of the chapters without sobbing or laughing so hard you fall off your chair.  One quick question though.  I know males and females can only feed from the opposite sex.  How do the females at Safe House feed?  Or for that matter any single male or female vampire?  Not all can have close friends willing to feed them.  Thanks again for your books, I can't wait for LM and any books that follow.

New User
atye
0 Kudos

Hey JR,

Really liked Covet, can't wait for crave.  What did devina do to poor Adrian?  I think I'm really going to like Adrian!  Will definitely read Crave.  Read all the BDB books this year and I,m a huge fan, love them!  Can't wait till John's book.  Big Quinn fan. Love Rhage and Zsadist.  V and butch,  OK I love them all.:smileyhappy:  I new John was going to be a great lover, lover avenged didn't show it but I can't wait to read about it in LM. 

New User
samanthaw
0 Kudos

Jessica Bird Books -

I just had to say that I LOVE these books!! I have gone through 4 of them in 2 days already **need sleep** !! These are just fantastic. And if there are other J.R. Ward fans out there who haven't read these - they are a must read. As usual the writing is fabulous, the men are hot, and the women are strong.

WARDen you rock!

New User
JTSing0599
0 Kudos

**jumps up and down, and up and down some more**

Wow I'm so happy right now, the Warden answered my question :smileyhappy:  Now my husband has to wonder why I have a huge smile on my face that nothing at the moment can wipe off! 

You are so awesome!

New User
Rachelbmary
0 Kudos

Hi again WARDen! 

First of all- 

[quote] He'll expand during that time from about 625 to 750 or 800 pages.[/quote] :smileysurprised: HoLy %$&*!!  That is SO awesome!! 

Second- You say that you've "seen" things, events, pairings, etc.. re: certain peeps in the BDB world before you write their story/book- Does that mean that when you do get to writing their book,  it's already happened - or is it that you've just seen glimpses into the future?  (Does that make sense?)

Third- You've said that Wellsie chose  to stay in the fade with their son, her choosing indicates that she was given a choice?  By the SV..?  And if a child was never born what happens to him in the fade?  Then...what happens when the day comes and Tohr meets Wellsie again in the Fade, and then when his new s....( sorry can't say...it...) gets there too..? 

Thanks for taking the time to do this WARDen, you SO ROCK!!

New User
Marsha-K
0 Kudos

Thank you for the chat last night.

That was so much fun...

I"m thinking will have to make some special scones and hot tea for you soon.

No questions at the moment. My head still spinning from all that has been revealed. Have to digest that first.  I will just KRing and enjoying. Waiting for JM and Xhex impatiently patient(trying to be a big girl-which is Gotta go fire in the building. OMG.

marsha kae

New User
Bean3000
0 Kudos

It's Bean again.  Back with more questions.  Sorry if any of these are repeats -- I wasn't able to ask anything at the chat last night. 

RE: Angels --

1.  Will Eddie or Adrian ever be taking the lead in other 'challenges' of the 'game' or is it always Jim?  

2.  Will there be any other new 'recruits'?

3.  I get a vibe from Eddie that he may have deeper feelings for Adrian than just friendship.  Is there any history there between them?

4.  I love Eddie and Dog on the Harley together.  No question there, just had to say.  It's one of my fave moments of the book.

RE:  BDB --

1.  Does Tohr still love cars?  If so, is he working on anything right now?

2.  What happened to Tohr's Corvette?

3.  Will JM ever get a driver's license?

4.  When will Cormia go through her Ahgony-producing needing? 

5.  Will Manny be playing any role in LM?

Okay, I'll stop there.  You don't have to answer all those, of course.  I've just been having a hard time getting this board to let me post, so I had to pile all my ?s into one.  

Thanks for the vamps and angels!  :smileyhappy:

New User
LauraMC
0 Kudos

Hello Bethanne, J.R., and fellow BDB fans,

I had never read romance novels before and didn't think I ever would. I do love stories about mythical and fantastical creatures. A good friend suggested I read the Brotherhood series. I can't thank her enough, nor can I thank JR Ward enough for writing them. They are absolutely wonderful stories. Not only do they not read like a typical romance, but the characters aren't perfect. With the obvious exception of being vampires, they are very real, with problems, stress, fights, arguments, and the realization that life is a struggle. I love everything about these books. I was definitely looking forward to Covet, and I am happy to say that I will gladly read the next of the Fallen Angels series.

I knew there was a preview in the back of Covet, but the fact that was of Lover Mine was a very welcome surprise. John is one of my most favorite characters, and I can't wait to read his story. I think it's safe to say that I've fallen in love with all the Brothers, and I will continue reading whatever JR Ward publishes, when it's published. I also loved the Insider's Guide and her website is a lot of fun! Vishous will always be my most favorite character (followed very closely by Wrath), I couldn't explain why (and I'm not going to try to here), but he is and always will be the best.

I'd say I hope the Brotherhood series never ends, but if it does, I hope JR Ward keeps writing... JR, I'll read anything you write. You're an outstanding story teller. The twists and turns your stories take are intriguing. Your character development is outstanding. The trials and tribulations all the characters face are not only physical, but emotional and psychological as well. I love the fact that your books are told from multiple characters; that is such an unusual way of telling a story. I started with the first book. The first time I read Dark Lover, I knew I had to read the rest, as soon as possible. I think it's easier balancing work, family and school, than it is to try and put down these phenomenal books. I love that these books are written primarily from the male's point of view. So many romance novels are written from the woman's point of view, they can get tiresome and repetitive (I am a women, I know what women think, and I know what women want). I like reading a story from the male perspective. I'm married, with a teenage son, so it's not exactly insightful or eye-opening; but as an avid reader, it's great to be able to read a story told so differently and unexpectedly. It not only makes the characters and situations seem real, but it's totally believable.

Thank you for these amazing books, I look forward to the rest of these series. Three cheers to you, challa of the Brotherhood!

New User
Marsha-K
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy: Back.

Just a drill..

WARDen again thanks, thanks, thanks....

LOVE the brothers. LOVE, Jim, AD, Eddie and Dog.

Devina a bia bia....maybe her and Lash should hook up..hmmmmm.

Marsha Kae