Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
LauraMC
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

The bond that V and Butch have is so unique and special, it would be hard to understand how he could switch from Butch to Jane. It may be a sudden switch, but I have 2 theories about that... 1) Jane held V's heart, literally, while he was watching, that has to create a bond! 2) Butch explains it perfectly when V goes back to visit Jane after is first Primale ceremony/meet-and-greet. Not to mention the fact that Butch had Marissa, and V needed an HEA, too. It wasn't going to happen with Butch. Although I must say, Butch's transition, and induction in to the BDB... especially where V is involved. Some of the best lines of the whole series right there!

Why V falls for Jane, I think, can be explained by Wrath. In DL, when Wrath sees Beth care for Rhage, caring for a fellow warrior and brother, is the oldest code in the book. It was the first big thing Beth did made Wrath realized how much he loved her. Same with V... Jane cared for him, operated on him, fixed him, then even fixed Phury, even though she didn't have to. That care for a fellow warrior and brother probably did the same for him as it did for Wrath. V is a vamp, Jane is a human, and that didn't matter to her, before and after she knew. All she cared about was saving this mans life. She could also sense fear, loss and anger (things she herself had experienced after losing her sister, then parents).

V and Butch will always be close, not just because of the prophecy/healing relationship they have; they are best friends, they might have been lovers, they have always been roommates and they fight together. That bond will always be there. Butch was even there when V tried to kill himself, they'll always be together. I think V and Butch will always love each other (even if Butch never said it aloud), and now they have lovers!

Contributor
Sahrenity
0 Kudos

Hi J.R.

I have seen this question asked a few times but I am not sure it has been addressed. I too am very interested in Trez & iAm...where the Moors come from and what they are.

Side Note: I love how your mind works and you make me want to KR.

New User
Vhyper
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello Warden

*waves happily.*

Sorry but I have a question I am on as my daughter.:smileytongue:

Well I kinda hacked hers to talk to you.

But she was telling me that on the boards there was a buzz on the whole Team Qhuay.

So is it true that Blay and Qhuinn are offically eaachothers HEA'S?

Or is that a big Keeeeeeeeep Reeeeeeeeeeeading?

I have been thinking about those two since they shared that kiss.:smileyhappy:

Sari

New User
VnBgurl
0 Kudos

**HUGE GRINS**

Hi WARDen!! I just wanted to stop by and give you a shout out..."U R THE BOMB FEMALE!!!!"  haha. okay, sorry.  I love the Brothers!  They are ABSO TIGHT!  I was just wondering, if there will be more V n B action in the BDB books to come?  I love them.  They are sooo comical!  When Rhage is thrown in the mix..OMFG...i can't stop ROFLMAO!!  Really!

**BIG HUGS**

u r sooo the sh**!

Contributor
Gail18940
0 Kudos

Hi JR!!!!

Another question: Do the females have a choice to conceive during the needing? If the couples decide not to risk a pregnancy how do they prevent it?

I also just want to thank you for giving us the BDB and Covet. The books have gotten me through migraines, fibromyalgia pain and other fun things. Please-KW!!! (Keeeeeeeep WWWWWWriting!!!)

HUGS!!

Gail

Contributor
clong
0 Kudos

JR-Ward wrote:

I'm trying to figure out V's transition from Butch to Doc Jane (it was really fast, but does not take away from how much I love the story)...Is it possible that V is not completely over Butch? Since Tohr can remate, is it possible that V can be in love with two people at once? Is there a possibility of infidelity between V and Butch? I know Butch does not go there, but you never know.:smileywink:

Referring back to bismith discussion:

..But what I would like to know is that if Tohr remarries does that negate what the rest of the brothers say/feel to their mates if they were to loose their shellans? that they couldnt go on (emotionally) or that they become a walking gohst of themselves if they can just get "remated"...

How was V able to go on if he were so in love with Butch? Although Butch didn't die, wouldn't it be worst for V to watch Butch with another?

Aww thankies!!!  Nothing negates what the Brothers feel- Tohr just has a different destiny you know?  And he has been devastated as you've seen.  So much to mourn...  :smileysad:  And V loves Butch and Butch loves V- strong ties, just as strong as they have for their mates.  The thing is, I've heard of parents loving each of their children just as strongly only differently- I think that's the same for V and Butch (although naturally on a different level)- there's always more room available in the heart, you know?  And Butch, well... I think I'll just stop right there...

OMG Warden how can you do that to us?  You can't say "And Butch, well...think I'll just stop right there.."

That is just wrong.  Now I'm thinking all kinds of things.  Just a little hint Warden,  we will be fans forever.  Gives us just a small glimpse into what goes on between V and Butch. 

New User
brownsuga0829
0 Kudos

.....I know, Isnt she bad....I totally need to know if something will conspire in the V, Butch area. Any hint will help.

New User
kristin13
0 Kudos

JR-Ward wrote:

kristin13 wrote:

Hi Warden,

Love the Brothers sooo much and I loved Covet too!  Thank you so much for taking time out to answer questions - it's so wonderful that you do this for your fans.

My question is about the recurring references/allusions to Mary in both BDB books and now Covet.  Is there something more to that or am I just thinking too much?

In Rhage's book there's Mary herself, then Butch thinks the SV reminds him of the VM, and now in Covet all the references to Mary Magdalene and Vin keeping the prayer card that reminds him of Marie-Terese.  

Kristin

Hi!  Well, I'm lucky to have the readers I do, you know?!  Thank you for coming on here!

There are a lot of references to Mary aren't there :smileywink:

Thanks for tha chat last night too - it was great!  JM and Xhex sound hawt!  So all the Mary references is that a keep reading? I know they're there for a reason, right?  ~Kristin

New User
Marsha-K
0 Kudos

WARDEN,

Just had a thought; Does Quinn hear Sammy singing Mas Tequila when he's drinking?

Marsha Kae

New User
chahna_bean
0 Kudos

WARDen,

You are an absolutely amazing author!!! 

I have been dying to buy Covet but since i am broke, i have to wait :smileysad: 

I have a couple questions about the BDB series though....

Will Scribe Virgin maybe have her own book? We know only a little about her because of V, but will we know more about what she went through before him and Payne?

When are you going to kill off Lash? I hate him!!!!! 

Will we know anything more about V and Jane? 

What about Havers? He's still depressed over the loss of his shellan and unborn child.....

Someone had brought up a really good point about maybe Tohr falling in love with the woman whose hellren would beat her and her little daughter.... or is there someone else we haven't heard of? Will it be Wellsie reincarnated? OR is that woman going to be paired up with someone else?

Will any of the brothers ever realize that JM is a reincarnate of Darius? I always loved Darius even though he was only there for the first chapter.  I hope that JM finds out at least. 

Oh and is Payne going to be matched with Manello? Because when V saw him, the wordBrother popped in his mind.

Ultimately, how many books do you think will be in the series?

When is Butch's partner Jose going to come back?

I really hope you get back to me. I feel so depressed when i finish reading the books because then i have to wait until the next one comes out!! 

Love you and thanks for creating a world which i can go to when i want to escape this one!

-Chahna

oh and when are you coming to miami???????

New User
Amiee-Mommy2
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oh dearest Warden!  Once again, you are going above an beyond for your fans.  Excuse me while I have a fan girl moment... <sqeeeeee!>  Ok, I'm back.  I can't wait to catch up on this thread to see what I have missed.  I'm fond of the Angels, but I so heart the Brothers.  I have questions, but will wait until I sift through the pages.  <I just really needed a study break!>  Thank you so much for being so willing to spend so much time with us.

New User
me2dizyd
0 Kudos

SO Im a little confussed is this JR Ward who is saying yes Quin and Blay are going to be eachother HEA??? Because her response looked more like yes they are getting one but not directly saying that they were each others?  Im confussed because I've seen other postings where I almost swear she confirmed that Quin was going to end up with a FEMALE of worth?

Contributor
Gail18940
0 Kudos

Hi JR!!!:smileyvery-happy:

I was wondering about the females. Do they have to go through the transition like the males do? Beth did but she was going from human to vampire.

New User
mella
0 Kudos

Hi WARDen!

Im currently rereading the BDB series--I have lost count of how many times this makes :smileywink:

So-I only have one question-

ok......near the end when Phury doses Z with the morphine to take his place at the meeting with David.....Z goes to Bella to find Phury-because Phury has fed from her.   Well, I was wondering why can't the brothers "feel" each other, since during induction-they must do they whole "flesh of my flesh" thing and exchange some blood---or does it sort of "wear off" after a bit of time has passed?

Thank you so much for the brothers WARDen-I love them all-but I must say Z's book is my fave :smileyhappy: I am really looking forward to LM! I also enjoyed COVET and am looking forward to CRAVE! I have to say though-that Tohr's book is the one I REALLY REALLY can't wait to read!!! 

You rock!
Melissa

New User
Wrathsfemale
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy: Hi again! I was on the chat last night and it was awesome as always. Kudos to you and to those tireless moderators for making it such an experience for the fans.

You mentioned last night about Blaylock and Qhuinn and their HEA. Did we hear you right?  Is that a definete? I know things will be explored in Lover Mine, but past that? I love those two boys and I'm happy Qhuinn gets a set, but for it to be forever? I was hoping he'd end up with Layla. They seem very compatable, if you know what a mean.:smileywink:

So is that the deal?

Also, you also mentioned maybe coming back to the DC area. Possibility in the near future?

Amy (aidensmoma)

Contributor
RReichert
0 Kudos

Will anyone please tell me what HEA stands for?  I get what it means, but can't figure what the letters stand for.  Thanks!

Reader 2
kasMO
0 Kudos

HEA  is  Happy Ever After   

New User
Kellybug
0 Kudos

me2dizyd wrote:

SO Im a little confussed is this JR Ward who is saying yes Quin and Blay are going to be eachother HEA??? Because her response looked more like yes they are getting one but not directly saying that they were each others?  Im confussed because I've seen other postings where I almost swear she confirmed that Quin was going to end up with a FEMALE of worth?

She said "Hi! All hail Team Qhuay! They are each other's HEA that is for sure" That means that they are definitely each others HEA.

And about the female for Qhuinn.  She did say that up until Phury's book came out.  The day it was released, she came onto her message board and started backing away from the female being a definite thing for Qhuinn.

Reader 2
twilight-junkie
0 Kudos

Umm if you're that close to Oregon.... *bows head, twists lock of hair, lookin all shy* maybe you could come visit the Oregon coast & great Pacific Ocean.  Then again, if you are that close I'm comin' to Vegas (that would cross 2 things off my bucket list). BTW loved Seinfeld reference in Covet.

Chat last night was awesome. You are amazing to do everything you do for us readers.

As always, you Rock!

Luv you WARDen,

Lori

aka Twilight_junkie

New User
AriesGirl73
0 Kudos

Hi Warden!  :smileyhappy:  I have kind of a silly question...Could you please explain the smurf robe? :smileyhappy:

Many thanks for the BDB - just met them this summer and OMG, they ROCK!!!