Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Skye15
0 Kudos

Pets in the Brotherhood

How about a random and, for the most part, completely unspoilery question?

In the Brotherhood there is Boo and now Wrath has a pooch ... what are the chances of them ever getting a pet in The Pit?  Do the Brothers really do the pet thing?  And if the Pit couples did get a pet, are they dog or cat people?

Personally, Butch and Marissa strike me as a pooch couple, but the idea of V and a pet anywhere near his Toys is pretty funny. :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
pjohn10
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

WARDen we understand TOTALLY - PRIORITIES - LOVER MINE..  But please don't pull too many....the longer the better :-)  Unless, of course you plan to put those pulled pages in another IG later ..... Thank you again for taking the time to answer our questions...although you skipped mine lol  What are jesses you were talking about in terms of Lassiter?????

PJ

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

OMG you guys are the best ever!  I can't believe how great so many of these questions are and I'm also fascinated by the theories behind them!

So many of them are keeeeep readddddddddddddddddddddddddddddings unfortunately :smileysad:  If I give too much away I get in trouble!

What I think I'll do is respond to the ones I can!  Thank you thank you thank you thank you for caring so much about the Brothers and the Angels though!!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: Pets in the Brotherhood

Skye15 wrote:

How about a random and, for the most part, completely unspoilery question?

In the Brotherhood there is Boo and now Wrath has a pooch ... what are the chances of them ever getting a pet in The Pit?  Do the Brothers really do the pet thing?  And if the Pit couples did get a pet, are they dog or cat people?

Personally, Butch and Marissa strike me as a pooch couple, but the idea of V and a pet anywhere near his Toys is pretty funny. :smileyvery-happy:

LOLOLOL  Some would argue Butch and V ARE the dogs of the Pit!  LOLOLOLOL

I don't know, but I'm defo a dog person- I think they would make great parents of a four legged baby!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

pjohn10 wrote:

WARDen we understand TOTALLY - PRIORITIES - LOVER MINE..  But please don't pull too many....the longer the better :-)  Unless, of course you plan to put those pulled pages in another IG later ..... Thank you again for taking the time to answer our questions...although you skipped mine lol  What are jesses you were talking about in terms of Lassiter?????

PJ

I agree!  Longer is gooderer!!!

And the jesses are just something Lassiter needs to get mated- they disappeared on him and he needs them back... makes me think, though, if he can't find them, I wonder if V could make him some...

New User
Willow17
0 Kudos

Butch and V were never meant to be!!!!

Hi WARDen,

One more question and of the non-spoiler variety :smileyhappy:   This is a bit of a controversial issue but I would really like to hear your response regarding the whole Butch/V relationship.   First, there is a HUGE segment who never, ever saw the two of them together (of course there is a big segment on this website and your own that did). 

You have received what I feel is very unfair criticism when it comes to Butch and V.  Many of their fans believe that you chickened out/dropped the ball when you did not write them consumating their relationship and having an HEA.

To me, Butch being in love with Marissa from the beginning clearly shows they were never intended to be a couple.  You have also stated many times that Marissa and Butch's story was supposed to be in Lover Eternal but did not fit.  As one person commented on a website recently, it's like the entire Butch/V thing started out as a game of Chinese Whispers and simply caught on.

So my question to you is, how do you feel about the criticism?  Are those of us who are happy with the relationships as they stand (Butch/Marissa and V/Jane) in the wrong?  Will you ever break one of the couples up in order to pair Butch and V together?

Thanks for all the time you've dedicated to your fans!!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

And I have to say, so many of your readers have both really deep, thought provoking questions that I know I never would have thought of in a million years--with the exception of the IG, have you ever read a question, and thought, "wow, that's a good point that I'm sure many readers have that I should address/clarify/or it gives me an idea for a scene" in my next book?

Thanks so much!

Tracey

Hi!  thankies for allll your support btw!  Well, I can't say they've ever influenced a scene because the pictures in my head are what they are you know?  BUT the number of readers who were unsatisfied with the way LOVER UNBOUND was left definitely made a big impression- as I've said in the IG, that so many people were unclear how happy V and Jane were with her new state and didn't know how Jane worked as a ghost, told me I should have taken an extra 10 pages to explain things and show folks how they were together.  Bad call on my part, but it's helped me not take for granted that people understand what I see and what I mean.

After all, you are mind readers!!  LOLOLOL 

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: Greetings from Brazil

crismjj wrote:

Hello, WARDen *waves*:smileyvery-happy:

First of all, I´d like to say that I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your books, you´re a great writer!

I wasn´t keen on vampires, actually. But a friend introduced to the Black Dagger Brotherhood in late May and, since then, I´ve been totally addicted to the BDB. I´ve read all the books, the IG and I´m reading them again, while I wait for LM.

The way you tell these stories is so captivating that, to me, it´s like they exist in real life, you know? In fact, when I finished reading DL, I thought to myself "How could I ever have lived without these brothers?" 

Z is my favorite brother, but I love all the others too. And I must say that I really enjoyed reading Covet, I can´t wait to read the other books from FA series. 

My question might sound silly, but it is about Lassiter. Why Lassiter has nothing to do with other angels (Jim, Adrian and Eddie), being Lassiter a fallen angell too? What is the difference between them? 

Will Lassiter have his own book? Will he appear in LM or in other books? Because I really like the interaction between Lassiter and Tohr. 

Well, that´s it for now. I´m a huge fan of yours, keep up the good work, you´re amazing and you ROCK!!!:smileywink:

MUAH

Cristina

Awwww thankies!!!!  And Lassiter defo gets his own book!!!
Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

rissa5150 wrote:

Hey J.R. *waves*

My name is Marissa, and I just gotta say that I absolutely adore the Brothers. They crept into my heart and have taken up a permanent residence. Even my boyfriend has indulged me. He bought me a few of the books, and just got me the Insider's Guide-loved Z and Bella's short story. Thank you so much. These books have been a great escape to me recently. I'm currently at the end of my Graduate program, so before I went crazy the Brothers and I found one another. Again thank you so so much!!! Even though Z is my favorite, I gotta tell you that I absolutely love the relationship between V and Butch. I think it is so great to see two men like this with one another. Very hot! And I cried so so much with V and Rehv's books. I really don't have any questions. I just wanted to be able to tell you how much I love your books, and cannot wait to get Covet. Thank you for allowing me an opportunity to escape into the Brother's world! Much Love :smileyhappy:

Awww you are too sweet!  And I'm so glad your boyfriend got you the books!  He's really nice!  Z's my favorite, too- and yeah, I cried with V and Rehv's books too.  I cry with every one of them actually *is a sap*

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

gaharleygirl wrote:

Morning-

you describe the part where Eddie, Ad and Jim fix Jim's hog and go for a ride very well- I'm curious if you ride/have ever ridden motorcycles - and if so what you ride.   I loved that you were thoughtful enough to have a leather cover on the tank for Dog to ride on so his little paws would have some traction :smileyhappy: 

*edited bc I can't spell :smileyhappy:

I have ridden and there's nothing like- I don't own one though but if I did it would be a Harley- one of the older ones :smileyvery-happy:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

VishousFan wrote:

Hey WARDen!  VishousFan here again. Thanks so much for answering my questions yesterday.  In your response, you mentioned that your husband reads your books after they come out.  That he gets how guys can be fans as well as the ladies.  It then occurred to me that I've never read any props dedicated to your hubby!:smileysad:  I think we forget about the "male of worth" in your life; and how valuable his love and support are.  So I'm raising a glass (ok, it's a coffee mug as it's only 10:30 AM here in Bremerton Washington) to your wonderful husband!  Thank you --insert his name here---for supporting your lovely and talented wife, and sharing her with the rest of the world!  YOU TOTALLY ROCK!! 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I will tell him!!!!  He'll be thrilled!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

URangel wrote:

Hello

I just wanted to tell you that I love your books have all of them. Thank you so much for writing them and hope theirs a lot more to come.You answered most of my questions already but this one.

My question is will Wrath and Beth ever hade kids?

Again thank you

angel

Oh they defo do!  A son- but I don't know when- I just know it's a son!!

Reader 2
kazzy
0 Kudos

Re: Greetings from Brazil

HI warden,does lassiters get a HEA and will it be vampire or angel and do we find out about his passed with the brothers and if its a keep readingggggggggggggg so be it and thank you.i keep reading them over and over again and still find something new every reread

Reader 2
Sheri93
0 Kudos

Are Jesses anklet's that can be viewed like wedding rings???

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: Butch and V-and a few other things :)

RReichert wrote:

Hey there, Warden!

I keep seeing messages about readers confusion about the relationship between Butch and V.    Please tell me if i am right with my interpretation of them.  I feel that V felt something for Butch, because he was  supposed to feel something, since their destiny was for their relationship to be that of dehstroyer (Butch)and healer of dehstroyer (Vishous).  I think V thought it was love, (or some sh*t), because he didn't understand his own feelings, or why he was having them.  Yes, there is love there, but not the same as for a mate.  This is why there was no real transition between V's feelings for Butch to his feelings for Jane.  My feeling is that he is totally in love with Jane, and is glad he's not gay.  Now that he understands the destiny for him and Butch, he's much more comfortable with his feelings for him.  I also think the reason V doesn't like you is because you made Jane die.  True? 

Rebecca

Hi!!  Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I don't think you're going to like my answer :smileysad:  But here it goes:  V does love Butch.  To the core.  V does understand his feelings, and he doesn't define himself as being gay or straight, he is what he is- but if he were gay he would  be proud of it.  He's totally mated with Jane and happy with her and thrilled that Butch is well mated with Marissa.  The two of them are in healthy, solid relationships with females who care for them and are not intimidated by their connection.

The thing is, hearts are not limited by the number of people they love, you know?  Please please please don't misunderstand me- I'm not dissing your theories- and I totally respect your right to intreprete what you see and read.  I really hope this comes across okay- you can't done tone over the internet you know?  *sigh*  So I'm just answering you truthfully and praying that it's coming across in the way I intend it  :smileysad:

Oh and V hates me for a totally different reasion, Jane died because that was the story, you know?

Mad respect and hugs, J.R.

New User
CarolinaJ
0 Kudos

Dear J.R.Ward

My name is Carolina Johanys and i have a question. Why the brothers hate Lassiter so much??? When are you going to kill Lash??? Would the Omega be heartbroken seeing Lash's death??

Contributor
Gail18940
0 Kudos

Re: BDB

Hi JR!!

I was wondering-if Payne and Xhex join the Brotherhood, wii the name have to be changed-like brother and Sisterhood?? (doesn't have the same impact-LOL) 

And-if a mated couple doesn't want to risk pregnancy during a needing is there a way to prevent it other than drugging the female??

Your books are the absolutley the best!! I've worn out 2 paperback sets already. Please KEEEEEEEEEEP WRIIIIIIIIIIIIIITING!!!

HUGS

Gail

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

LauraMC wrote:

The bond that V and Butch have is so unique and special, it would be hard to understand how he could switch from Butch to Jane. It may be a sudden switch, but I have 2 theories about that... 1) Jane held V's heart, literally, while he was watching, that has to create a bond! 2) Butch explains it perfectly when V goes back to visit Jane after is first Primale ceremony/meet-and-greet. Not to mention the fact that Butch had Marissa, and V needed an HEA, too. It wasn't going to happen with Butch. Although I must say, Butch's transition, and induction in to the BDB... especially where V is involved. Some of the best lines of the whole series right there!

Why V falls for Jane, I think, can be explained by Wrath. In DL, when Wrath sees Beth care for Rhage, caring for a fellow warrior and brother, is the oldest code in the book. It was the first big thing Beth did made Wrath realized how much he loved her. Same with V... Jane cared for him, operated on him, fixed him, then even fixed Phury, even though she didn't have to. That care for a fellow warrior and brother probably did the same for him as it did for Wrath. V is a vamp, Jane is a human, and that didn't matter to her, before and after she knew. All she cared about was saving this mans life. She could also sense fear, loss and anger (things she herself had experienced after losing her sister, then parents).

V and Butch will always be close, not just because of the prophecy/healing relationship they have; they are best friends, they might have been lovers, they have always been roommates and they fight together. That bond will always be there. Butch was even there when V tried to kill himself, they'll always be together. I think V and Butch will always love each other (even if Butch never said it aloud), and now they have lovers!

See this is the way it runs in my head!  Absolutely- and again it's not an either or.  And I believe V had to find Butch and open up to him before he could have openned up to Jane as a mate you know?  Butch was the key that unlocked the door so that Jane could come in you know?

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Vhyper wrote:

Hello Warden

*waves happily.*

Sorry but I have a question I am on as my daughter.:smileytongue:

Well I kinda hacked hers to talk to you.

But she was telling me that on the boards there was a buzz on the whole Team Qhuay.

So is it true that Blay and Qhuinn are offically eaachothers HEA'S?

Or is that a big Keeeeeeeeep Reeeeeeeeeeeading?

I have been thinking about those two since they shared that kiss.:smileyhappy:

Sari

Hi Sari!!  No, they are each other's HEA!

Reader 2
Sheri93
0 Kudos

Personal ????

Hi Warden!!

I'm new and I wanted to ask you some questions that have nothing do do with the BDB. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death.  I try to get everyone I know to read your BOYS.

I lone out and hope that I get them back!!!

1st question.  How fast do you type??? Do you find that you have to always rewrite a sentence to get your view across so that your readers will understand or do you just write and hope for the best???

2nd question.. How many computers have you gone through since you started the series and do you ever lose any work and have a heart attack????

Thanks,

Sheri