Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
gaharleygirl
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23 Layla

Hi  Warden

Do you have any input in your covers?

Cuz lemme just say- whoever is in the art dept gets major props...send them a fist bump from the cell - jeez man. Your covers. Yea.

*going for a cold drink*

New User
Lilly12
0 Kudos

Re: Blay's Parents

OMG, Thank you so much for answering. I feel much better knowing that they are doing well and that they haven't all been cut off from each other :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks again :smileywink:

New User
readnrideMAB
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

Hi

I have to admit it took me awhile to warm up to the brothers.

But somewhere about the time I finished reading them the first time, I decided to re-read them and that's when I warmed up to them.

(Now they are in my KEEPERS).

I have been enjoying reading this discussion and have been sharing what I've picked up with a friend that I got started reading the brothers. (By the way my favorite is Butch's story)

But I have a question where or what book does No'one come from?

MA

New User
Darrow-Me
0 Kudos

Both Series

Hi! First, stating the obvious, I'm a huge fan, and I adore every book of yours. The way you have modernized such an old concept of vampires and warriors without making it seem dull and unoriginal just blows my mind. You really know how to develop characters fully, not to mention that I love the medical side of all things. I have a ton of questions, but I'm gonna stick with only a couple at this point.

First; I love how COVET and BDB are set in the same city, same world, same time, same everything, just different stakes in the game. A lot of authors, when they begin a new series, they start from scratch in terms of EVERYTHING. My question is how did you decide to do what you did, and why did you decide not to start from scratch?

Second; In the Fallen Angel's series, Divina is to be the main enemy the entire game. When I first read about the book, I just originally jumped to the thought that it would be a different Demon every book, not just one changing things up every time. Why did you decide to go with just Divina for all sins, instead of switchin' the players out?

Contributor
Erin-R-Isherwood
0 Kudos

Hi Again-

So the BDB and Covet ROCK.... just throwing that out there.

Now on to a non-spoilerish question. (I think:smileywink:)

How many years between Nalla, Aggie and Beth & Wrath's son?

Cheers to you and your work.  LOVE IT!

Erin

New User
Candi_calamity
0 Kudos

First I'd like to thank you WARDen for answering my question earlier this week. I've been reading through the board and I have a few questions in regards to Thor. You gave us a spoiler and said he's going to be re-mated, I think that is great. But what happens to Wellsie and their young in the fog? From the previous books I thought you waited for your love ones in the fog? And if that is the case when Thor dies will he go with Wellsie and their young or does he wait for his new mate? Thank you again WARDen for doing this

much love

Candi

New User
D-R-Marie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you for all that you have brought to life. I Heart You!
I got to go to my first Chat on the 20th thank you SOOO much for doing that I don't think you know how great you are Smile, I really wanted to ask my question, maybe you can answer it here.
Will one of the sins that Jim has to save be a female? (*hint maybe his HEA will he even have one).

What sin is Issac?

Does the 7 heavenly virtues play any part in the books?

Gosh sorry for all the questions oh and sorry if I repeated any Q that is a lot of post to go through to make it to the 20th page :smileysad:

If you want to mention again how HAWT Matthews is, no one is going to complain. I know you are finishing up with his book, I hope he treated you well.

I so wish he was real I would so be a fang banger!

New User
SandymSM
0 Kudos

Hi again WARDen,

I'm sorry but I have another question.

First a comment though.

I loved the dedication to Theo.  When I read it in print, it actually made me shed a couple of tears.

I felt pride for our little fighter.

Okay, so here comes the question:

From Covet's inception, was Dog always going to be a part of it?  Or was he added

into the story after Theo came into our lives?

New User
brownsuga0829
0 Kudos

In reference to what readrideMAB  said:

Hi I have to admit it took me awhile to warm up to the brothers. But somewhere about the time I finished reading them the first time, I decided to re-read them and that's when I warmed up to them. (Now they are in my KEEPERS). I have been enjoying reading this discussion and have been sharing what I've picked up with a friend that I got started reading the brothers. (By the way my favorite is Butch's story) But I have a question where or what book does No'one come from? MA

....OMG! Are you F***ING Serious. How could you not like them the first time around? But it's nice that you warmed up to them....you know, extra late.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

It's J.R.'s last day with us, but I just wanted to shout out a huge "thanks" to her. As all of you have already said, she rocks and she certainly rocked this book club!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

It's J.R.'s last day with us, but I just wanted to shout out a huge "thanks" to her. As all of you have already said, she rocks and she certainly rocked this book club!

OMG Paul thank you for having me and thank you to all the mods and everyone who showed up and asked such great questions!  I'm writing this morning and then will be back to finish up this afternoon and evening!

Thank you again!

New User
Mrsaveyard
0 Kudos

Hi there! 

I'm going to try real hard to ask questions that are not big spoilers :smileywink:

Can all of the brother's create a mhis?  It seems as though V is the one who usually does it and I was curious. 

Is there any significance in that fact that the Scribe Virgin is white glowing figure in a Black robe and the Omega is a black misty (I think) figure with a white robe? 

Will we ever find out the secret V was trying to get from Rhage?  It is just killing me not to know! :smileysurprised:

I enjoyed Covet and finding all the little brotherhood tidbits as well as the stuff you would only pick out if you were on the boards like the Sienfeld reference.  I am looking forward to the rest of the series especially since the chat the other night.  I wasn't thinking of this series as involved as the Brother's are but now I get the sense that I was wrong, I should have known better you are too great a writer for it to be any different.  Thanks for coming here and on the boards to interact with us.  I find it amazing that you would give us your time, a lot of other people in your role wouldn't and don't and I think it is great! 

Looking forward to Lover Mine - Thanks again, LeeAnne

New User
MIriaRod
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just wanted to tell you THANK YOU!! for sharing your gift of writing wtih us.  I LOVE, LOVE your Black Dagger Brotherhood series and just finished the Covet yesterday, needless to say I'm hooked on that as well.. 

I loved how the crossroad was not what it appeared to be...  You had me in TEARS...

Thank you again.

New User
Darling_Nikki
0 Kudos

*In my Ron Isley voice* Hello...It's me again!

WARDen, you are just so awesome, I hope you know that! We really appreciate you taking the time to discuss your work! There were some questions I forgot to ask =D.....

1) I've always wondered...Did  warriors follow the fashion trends throughout time? I know they're quite old, and they've seen a lot of different trends, but like...I can't picture Wrath or V sporting Members Only jackets in the 80's, or Rhage wearing uber tight bell-bottom pants in the 70's lol

2) In the beginning of Lover Avenged after Ehlena accidentally goes to V's penthouse (LOL!), she mentions she's not into the BDSM thing at all. I find this a bit ironic because she also tells Rhev that she wants to feel his barb inside her. Well, isn't that.....I dunno. Barbs are said to be PAINFUL, right? I'm just sayin....

3) Will Lassiter have his own book in the Fallen Angels series? Or will his story be told, if ever, in bits and pieces in the Brotherhood series?

4)  I would REALLY like to know how you stay sane with all of those ideas floating in your head! I like to write (and read, of course) in my spare time, but I think I'm going mad with all of the different ideas and storylines! I can barely finish my script! With all of your talent and ideas, MAD kudos to you, girl, because I know it can't be a walk in the park!

5)This is just a comment, but....I'm in my last year of college (YAY) and I think your books have contributed to my "senioritis" LOL, I'd rather read your books than study! Of course, I find time for both! Not to mention, my classmates, family, and friends think I'm insane when I all of a sudden laugh out loud while reading your books! Your books really do give me everything I need! haha

6) I've always thought Phury went on those mind trips because he just needed to get laid, not because there was an inner demon. But I'm glad he's better now =)

7) Does Payne know about Vishous?

8) Is Manny somehow related to Butch??? Somehow, I  keep linking them two based off the story Butch's mom told...I dunno, I might be off, though lol

Ok, I think I'm done! I'm going to go buy Covet now! YAY! Keep up the AWESOME work!

-Darling Nikki

Contributor
pjohn10
0 Kudos

I swear WARDen you made my computer crash yesterday when you wondered if V could make some jesses for Lassiter.......are you serious.......could V create life like that with his hand?
It's been so fun being a part of your week here on Barnes and Noble - TRUE !  Hope to catch you on another chat on your site soon - Love you and the Brothers....so much that I'm thinking of getting a black dagger tatoo (tip pointing to a V) like in Lover Avenged.......just don't tell my husband,,,,till after.. feel me?
PJ
New User
msVNY
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon Warden,

Covet was a great beginning to a new series.   I loved the glimpses of Phury and Butch that  I caught during my first read through.   I'm looking forward to reading more about Jim, Dog, Eddie and Adrian in Crave and I hope you will continue to show interconnections between the two series that take place in Caldwell, NY.

I have questions and I know you have answers........I will be happy to keep reading and buying as long as your are writing.

One thing I have wondered about Lash, he is son of the Omega birthed of a vampire woman in the Omega's presence who was given to his glymera family.  But how do we have a certificate of live birth for Lash witnessed by Havers for him?   Was it mind control by the Omega or is there a true-blood Lash still out there?

At the end of Lover Revealed, Butch's sister Joyce finds out from their mother than Butch was fathered by a Dr in the hospital.   Does Butch know this or is he still ignorant of where his brotherhood blood comes from?

When Quinn thinks he has to flee Caldwell before he is made JM's bodyguard, he mentioned going out west to join the colony of rogue vampires.    Will we ever get to meet any of these vampires and are any of them brotherhood materiel.

Thank you so much for creating such a fabulous world for us.   I've enjoyed your books even when I didn't know it was you, as when I read Dark Lover I went looking for your backlist and found I had or had read all of your books and enjoyed them.

Lastly,  you mentioned once that your previous writing contract before the BDB was not renewed   Do you know if that person who made that decision still has a job?  

Thanks again for providing so many hours of enjoyment.   I hope that all of the BDB books will be reissued as hardcovers because they are keepers.

Contributor
Gail18940
0 Kudos

Thank you soooo much!!!

Hi JR!!

Instead of a question I just wanted to thank you for giving us the BDB. They have a whole world of their own-culture, religion, and customs. It's such a nice change from the "I vant to suck your bloooood" vamps.

Your characters seem so real-personalities, problems,relationships. They pop up from the pages.

The FA series holds the same kind of promise. I can't wait to read more.

Also thank you for all the fan interaction. You can keep the movies stars-give my an author any time!! I haven't figured out your message board yet so I'm thirlled to be able contact you here.  

You are a gift to all your fans!!!

XO,

Gail  :smileyvery-happy:

New User
myskatinstar
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dear WARDen:

Please let me say first, your books are amazing! I was hooked from the first page of DL. I have so many questions but Im sure Ill just get a KR, so ima gonna take a chance and ask one I think you may be able to answer.... Here Goes.........The scene with John,Quinn and Blay at the mall, when Quinn was in the dressing room(gettin busy) and Blay went to the door and peered in then shook his head, what was the question OR JESTER that Quinn asked.Was it an invitation to join in or was it more of a personal invite from Quinn to Blay?( If you know what I mean):smileywink:

Thank you for the BROTHERS, Z will always have a special place in my heart and V will always have a special place in my head.

New User
LauraMC
0 Kudos

Thanks Warden so much for responding to my thoughts. Definitely agree on Butch opening V; V wouldn't be who he is today without Butch. I love all the Brothers, they're all great guys! I totally love Vishous, though. I love his HEA. Whatever anyone says about Jane's outcome, I loved it, it couldn't have happened any differently. I mean I guess it could have, and it has to be a little weird, but V and Jane get each other, Jane gets to be in charge of her own medical practice, and V gets his love (both Jane and Butch, in a way)! Great books, great stories.

If I were to be asked if I could spend a day with one person, anyone, who would it be? I would totally answer Vishous! Thanks again challa (it's okay that I call you that, right?) for all you do! I look forward to the next books, whatever happens, I know I'll always be a fan.

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Hi WARDen! :smileyhappy:

It has been an absolute blast this week being able to talk with you!!! 

Last night I was reading the IG and got to V's interview or lack thereof with you.  What's going on with you two???  :smileysad: Why is he so mad at you?  He says you know.  If you do, can you share it?    Whatever your part was, in whatever it is, is not forthcoming from him.  He is either to stubborn or believes you're responsible for making amends.  Is he wrong about this?  What was his part in it?  I don't like this discord between you.  Please, please explain ... if you can.

Also, I finally understand why you made Doc Jane a ghost. Thanks for clarifying that.  It definitely makes me feel better about her future with V in the long run.  I still hate what happened to her, but I get it.

Again thanks for a most enjoyable week!  Sending you lots of hugs and kisses.  Take Care!!!  :smileyhappy: