Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
DeeLynn22
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

Z will def share more about himself. I asked the WARDen if he would ever tell JM about his past and she said that he would but that she couldnt give details.

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

DeeLynn22 wrote:

Z will def share more about himself. I asked the WARDen if he would ever tell JM about his past and she said that he would but that she couldnt give details.

Oh Z will share more about himself- but there won't be a full disclosure...

New User
Lilly12
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for answering. I've been doing little happy dances in the most random places...everyone thinks I'm nuts now. I don't have an exclamation point on my keyboard atm...little kids..they're bad sometimes...but I DO have more questions...

I was wondering if we will be meeting Qhuinn's brother in LM...and if maybe we could find out what his name is????

Also, Are Blay's parents doing okayl? I just really like them and wanted to check up on how they were, or if Blay had been able to see them at all or anything. Especially his mom...she gives good hugs. :smileywink:

Thanks again...and again...lol

Lilly

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: Juggling it all

Melcryer wrote:

(((WARDen)))

Morning!  (Me likey this format, btw - I don't feel like I have to compete for attention like in a chat!  :smileyvery-happy: )

You've written about your process.  I'm wondering - with full-length BDB books and now the Angels - how to you balance the writing time for each project?  Do you just put your head down and drive on to get one book finished, before you can even consider another?  Or can you work simultaneously on different projects?

With all us greedy fans wanting novellas and slices of life, PLUS the books, I just wonder how you handle all the stuff you'd like to write, with how you know your process works best for you.

Thanks so much!  Muahh!!!

Hi!!  I do one project at a time during drafting- so I'm only working on JM right now.  But when it goes into production, the very day it does, I go right into the next book.  So there is some overlapping but for the most part it's sequential :smileyvery-happy: 

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

clong wrote:

Clong *waving*  Hey Warden its another day so I have another question:

1) Do you see John, Qhuinn and Blay still living at the Brotherhood mansion in the future or will they ever go their own way?

2).  Does everyone outside of the Brotherhood and Rehv's family think he is dead still.

Thanks Warden, see you tonight at the Chat!!!

Hey girl!  *waves!*  Everyone outside the Brotherhood believes he's dead...  And I'll KR you on the first!!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

NikkiQuin wrote:

Hi WARDen,

Do you think you will ever release a hardcover of each of the BDB books? I LOVE the cover of Lover Avenged--SO HOT. I woulnd't mind having an entire collection of similar covers on my shelf :smileyhappy: Will Lover Mine have a cover like the last one? Can't wait to read it!

OMG I would think so- just because so many folks ask for it!!  MUUAH!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

bdbfan1 wrote:

Hello Warden!! I recently met you at the book signing for Covet in Radcliff. I really wanted to ask this question,but my friends would have flogged me all the way home. The ever so hot Rehvenge has a barb. I have read and reread how this works, I was just wondering is all symphath men have this barb or if is just Rehv. I was told that cats have the same type of barb, does it work the same way?

I hope you go back to Radcliff for the LM book! That little bookstore is stocked on paranormal everything! I love your writing, the BDB is a world, I would live in with pleasure!  Are there any places that make/sale BDB clothing?? I would love a "we still ain't dating" T-shirt! Thank you for your AMAZING books!!

Hi!!!  I will abso be back in Radcliff for LOVER MINE and hope to see you there!  As for the barb, yes and yes. 

And I've been trying to do t-shirts for ages but I suck at merchandising!!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Linny_p wrote:

Hi WARDen,

Zsadist is my all time favourite hero - top of the list (and I have many!). And of course that would make Lover Awakened my all time favourite novel.  And what you've being doing with JM and Xhex has been fabulous.  Your books are amazing and for me, just pulses with the energy of the brothers...Love and adore the world and personalities you have brought to life so I hope you keep writing for a long long time for the BDB series.

I also love how you revisit your characters, and your short stories with Zsadist/Bella & Wrath/Beth were amazing (emotional and steamy!!!).  I would kill for more revisits via short stories, novellas and sometimes I wonder why Authors don't do it more often. 

Which brings me to my first question, I was wondering if you plan to write additional stories on the brothers (I'll take ANY format you care to produce!).  Also, I know I would pay good money to get a new release that contains stories about each of the BDB couples...is this even a possibility?  I just can't get enough of Zsadist and I adored Wrath and Vishous. 

Finally, I hope you will be posting more snippets of Lover Mine to keep us sane while we wait... 

Anyway, love love love your writing.

Cheers,

Linny

Hi Linny!!  *waves!*  I think what you're going to see is kind of like Wrath and Beth in LOVER AVENGED- where the couples come back as subplots???  Except for Rhage and Mary for whom I think I might try and do a FATHER MINE kind of sized thing?

Just need to find more time- and Z's my favorite too!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

pjohn10 wrote:

WARDen and that was Butch in the back of the church too right?  You are so clever....can not wait until Lover Mine.......I still say you are a tease......but that's what we love about you !  Hey, how do you pronounce Cormia???? It's been bugging me forever....thanks!

PJ

Hi!  It sure was Butch!  And it's KOR-mia if that helps???

New User
Sunne
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

OMG, I love the way you answer our questions.

I have so much more. For example:

How much influence do you have as the writer on your books in other contries...for example, and I hate to say it, but the German translation sucks...and the fact that in Germany each book is splitted in two books. And I bought the German audiobooks of Dark Lover and they are read in such a bad way, the voices of the brothers are sounding nasty and vulgar, which annoyed the hell out of me.

Luckily I started reading all books in English (because I started reading the Midnight breed series the same time in German). But it really makes me wonder, how much influence you have on your books after they left your hands.....I assume not very much.

Another question is, did you notice an increased interest in your books after the Twilight-hype? Because me and a lot of my forum-friends originally came from Twilight to the Brothers...like I always say: BDB is vampire romance for grown-ups :smileywink:

New User
julesh-g
0 Kudos

YOOHOO!  Hi Warden! ** waves and jumps up and down **

I am so excited to 'speak' with you.  If you answer this question my poor husband will hear about it for weeks I will be so excited.

I just found your BDB series last month and read all of the books (except Rehv's) in 2 weeks.  My kids had sandwiches for dinner and the house is a mess but everyone learned to cope.   Now I am nursing my addiction on the BDB forum and pacing myself before buying the next book so it will be a shorter wait before JM's story.  I just bought Covet and I am excited to get started on it.

I love the books and I have so many questions:

1) I know that Z is your favourite Brother (I love him and V but can't decide which is my favourite).  Do you have a favorite Shellan?

2) If Layla is with Phury and Cormia and trying to build a life for herself outside The Chosen what will happen to V and Rhage.  They use Layla to feed and if she decides to get a life of her own --- or a Hellren -- she can't keep feeding the Brothers. 

3) About Layla's Hellren ... I think she and Tohr would be a lovely couple (I'm just sayin'...)

4) What about V as a daddy?? I know that Jane is a ghost and can't have kids but I think he would be excellent and they could adopt too.  When/if Butch and Marissa have kids I am sure that V will be the most amazing protective Uncle you can imagine.  Don't let him tell you that he is too messed up for kids (I can almost hear him grumbling it now) he has a soft spot in that heart of his.

Thanks for the books Warden.  They are an amazing escape.  To think, I was once infatuated with a 17-year old vampire who snarled at warewolves (you all know who I'm talking about). CRAZY!  Any one of the Brothers could kick his butt!

New User
Kellybug
0 Kudos

JR-Ward wrote:

Kellybug wrote:

Hello WARDen! This is Kellybug, another faithful Team Qhuay member from your message board.  After reading about what was said at the Crestview KY signing, and after reading your reply to Tekla here, I've really got to ask something. When you say they will get their HEA, are you saying that Blay and Qhuinn are each other's HEA's?

Hi!  All hail Team Qhuay!  They are each other's HEA that is for sure :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy:  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  Sorry for yelling but I'm spazzing out right now.  LOL

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Jacquiekat wrote:

*waves* WARDen...... *gives big'ol mug of coffee, and scones*

Good morning.

Alright I picked up LAv again last night for another reread and got to thinkin...... JM and Z are alot alike on some major points.... they gonna get close and think Z will share more bout himslef so JM knows he's not the only one who suffered that kind of attack (in the stairwell)? I'm sure he's gotta be close to Z till he and Tohr reconcile and I remember how broken up everything was when he was gone grieveing.  

I thought Wrath was right on the money putting those two together for a while, Z's surely a good thang for JM..... strong influence on how things were and could be type thing. If anyone can communicate hope it would be Z fo sho.

I can not wait to hear about Adrian but I have a feelin Ima wanna kick some serious Divina a&^^% when I find out what happened  between them. *grrrrr* Will we ever hear why Dog limps, I know they said it's just his thang but the curiousity got the bestest of me. *shrugs, hands out*  what can I say curiosity and Kat right. *Evil giggle*

Sooo stoked for the chat today.... gonna be runing around wit the laptop so I hope the wifi can keep up LOL

JacquieKat

Hi!  I'll see you tonight!  Dog's limps healing yay!  And you'll learn to hate Devina even more than you do now TRUST me BLECK!

And Z will always be tight with JM but there's only so much he's willing to go into even with JM.

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

pjohn10 wrote:

WARDen you just gave a *wince* regarding the end of LM when they find out who exactly Wrath has been sparing with on the other side......is that for everyone or mostly V......you mentioned somewhere that Payne knows she is V's twin.....what's doin with that?  Did mom tell her or does she just know????  OH I CAN'T WAIT.   

I love your writing BTW, you've really ruined it for everyone else you know :-)

PJ

Hi!!  You'll have to see what happpppppppppppppppppppppppppens with V and Payne :smileyvery-happy:

MUUAH!

New User
tekla
0 Kudos

JR-Ward wrote:

Kellybug wrote:

JR-Ward wrote:

tekla wrote:

Hey WARDen! This is Tekla, and well you know how we Team Qhuay live literally off every little thing you say of these two, so I was wondering if you had something to say to Team Qhuay to help us hanging on? :smileywink:

Thank you! <3

Hey Tekla!! How you?! 

Well... I'll tell you, I too am a member of Team Qhuay!  And they will get their HEA you just have to hang with me through LOVER MINE!  Promise it's going to be okay :smileyhappy:

Hello WARDen! This is Kellybug, another faithful Team Qhuay member from your message board.  After reading about what was said at the Crestview KY signing, and after reading your reply to Tekla here, I've really got to ask something. When you say they will get their HEA, are you saying that Blay and Qhuinn are each other's HEA's?

Hi!  All hail Team Qhuay!  They are each other's HEA that is for sure :smileyvery-happy:

.... That little noice you just heard were all the members of Team Qhuay squeeing when they read this. Thank you for confirming they are each other's HEA, you made a lot of people happy today! LOLOL

New User
WandaN
0 Kudos

Hi WARDen,

I just wanted to say that the BDB are my favorites. I fell in love with the brothers right from the start. Z is my favorite.  Yummy.  I love that it is set in upstate NY.  I am from the area and it's easy to picture the scenery. I can't wait to read about JM.  He's fast becomming my next favorite. 

I look forward to the next adventure.

New User
sablioness
0 Kudos

I love your BDB books and the new Fallen Angels series!

My questions are:

Can you tell us anything about the female who broke iAM's heart mentioned in LAv?

Have we met Lassiter's HEA in any of the books yet?

New User
Jonnet
0 Kudos

*jumping up and down for joy..my dog is looking at me funny*

They are their own ....GO GO Team Q.B Rock on!!!!! yimpie....

New User
Blurose
0 Kudos

Hello WARDen

My question is what is the line-up for up coming books for BDB? I know after JM it is Payne...then what?

Also, you know it is some serious stink that you leave us hanging with the lie thing between V and you! You're just wrong! Give us something! Generally speaking, if not specifics! PLEASE! Not that asking with cherries and shtuff will help, but even so.

See you tonight on the board. Oh and by the way...er...u changed my life and ....yeah....never mind! I love your work! The accident that got me hooked on the Brothers, was both a blessing and a curse. My laundry will never be completed again!

TTYL....Take care

Chelle

New User
darkrose
0 Kudos

Hi WARDen! *waves*

I've had a question I've been wondering about for a while that I'm hoping you can answer for me. Being a long time, card carrying member of Red Sox Nation *tips Sox cap* I was wondering why V likes the Sox. Butch is easy to understand since he's from Southie but, when you first started writing the books was V into the other team (that starts with a Y who's name I just can't say) and you had to say 'H*ll no we aren't going there!" and change it to the Sox?

See you at the chat tonight.