New User
lizzy1022
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

Hi Warden!!!! I love love love the brothers, and the new Angels ... *sigh* WOW!!!!

I was at the chat on the 20th, however i couldn't get my Q in, hope you can answer now :smileyhappy:.....

i wanted to know if Nalla is someone re-incarnated and will she have her own book? *crosses fingers*

Once again i love your work, you are awesome!!!!

BTW - I am so excited and nervouse about LM, hope Lash doesn't do anything crazy to Xhex. :smileyindifferent:

Keep it up with the boys, they are amazing!!!

Lizzy.

New User
blsmith
0 Kudos

hey warden! thanks so much for being on here and letting us harass you and answers q's...ur the best! incast u needed reassuring.

i have another tohr q's to ask. just to be clear. if he mates again does that mean hell be bonded? becaue you know marissa and wrath were mated but not bonded but that doesnt mean he hated her. so tohr could u know, the "m" word but will that mean bonded as well?

thank you!!!!

Contributor
Erin-R-Isherwood
0 Kudos

Hello WARDen-

Thank you again for the time and effort answering all of these questions! (I thought I had a busy schedule but whoa...)

Here is a quick one...hopefully non-spoiler?

How many years between the BDB kids?

Nalla is the oldest, then how long until Aggie is born and then Wrath & Beth's
son? Wait- will Rhage & Mary adopt before Aggie is born?

And can you imagine the sweet games of Hide & Go Seek those kids will play at
the mansion? You know Rhage is the ring leader yelling "ready or not here I
come!"

Thank you again!  BDB and Covet are amazing!
Cheers-

Erin

New User
phynx
0 Kudos

WARDen-

I love your books!!! Thank you soooooooo much for writing them and for taking the time to answer all of our questions.  I am on pins and needles waiting for JM's book.  May is waaayyy too far away!! Just one Q and please dont say keep reading :smileyhappy: You've said that Qhuinn and Blay are each other's HEA's, but I am confused as to when their story gets told.  You said in one post that both of their POV's are in LM, and so I assumed that was their whole story, but then later you said Qhuinn would get his story told it was just a question of if it was in another story, a short novella, or a book.  So I'm wondering if you can clarify when their story gets told.  You wouldnt make us wait till after Payne would you ???? :smileysad:( that would just be mean!  Thanks again.  BTW-I thought Covet was amazing and can't wait for the next one.

P.S. I believe you can dodge the smurf robe!!!

New User
brownsuga0829
0 Kudos

What are Jesses......?

New User
Tina2601
0 Kudos

Dear Warden,

Thank you so much for the awesome books and your great writing!

It's always fun and a pleasure to dive into the world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood! :smileyhappy:

Have you ever thought that it would be that big?

I mean, you have fans all over the world and on the message board there are now more than 32200 members... How does that feel? :smileyhappy:

I can't wait for Lover Mine! And I hope that a lot books will follow!

Greetings from Germany

Tina

New User
dahliaqueen
0 Kudos

Hi Warden!!!

Could you please explain a little bit about the SV and why the Brothers aren't allowed to directly ask her a question?  Will we get to meet her creator at some point?

Also, could you explain a little bit about Trez and iAm and what is a Shade---is it a species of vampire?

I just finished LA (there are some good things about having the flu........hahahaha!!!)  WOW!!!  Every book is better than its predecessor.  Will we get to see more of Rhevenge and Ehlena?  They were great.

Thank you for your books they are absolutely mesmerizing.  JM seems a billion miles away!  Thank you also for giving us this time.  Blessings!

Susan

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23 Layla

gaharleygirl wrote:

Hi  Warden

Do you have any input in your covers?

Cuz lemme just say- whoever is in the art dept gets major props...send them a fist bump from the cell - jeez man. Your covers. Yea.

*going for a cold drink*

OMG for real?  My input is to go OMG THAT'S HOT when they come to me!  LOL  Anthony at my publisher does them and he rocks- from DARK LOVER right out of the box, he knew what would work and he's been right ever since!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Re: Both Series

Darrow-Me wrote:

Hi! First, stating the obvious, I'm a huge fan, and I adore every book of yours. The way you have modernized such an old concept of vampires and warriors without making it seem dull and unoriginal just blows my mind. You really know how to develop characters fully, not to mention that I love the medical side of all things. I have a ton of questions, but I'm gonna stick with only a couple at this point.

First; I love how COVET and BDB are set in the same city, same world, same time, same everything, just different stakes in the game. A lot of authors, when they begin a new series, they start from scratch in terms of EVERYTHING. My question is how did you decide to do what you did, and why did you decide not to start from scratch?

Second; In the Fallen Angel's series, Divina is to be the main enemy the entire game. When I first read about the book, I just originally jumped to the thought that it would be a different Demon every book, not just one changing things up every time. Why did you decide to go with just Divina for all sins, instead of switchin' the players out?

Aww thankies!!  You're too kind!

As for the world, I just write what I see- so there wasn't a choice involved- things just started in Caldwell!  But I liked the continuity to that as well- and it was great to see the Brothers walk in and off- and see more of Trez and iAm!

And Devina just is, you know?  She's just the main focus on the demon side- but remmy she comes in different forms!  So you never know where she's going to be... or who!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

D-R-Marie wrote:

Thank you for all that you have brought to life. I Heart You!
I got to go to my first Chat on the 20th thank you SOOO much for doing that I don't think you know how great you are Smile, I really wanted to ask my question, maybe you can answer it here.
Will one of the sins that Jim has to save be a female? (*hint maybe his HEA will he even have one).

What sin is Issac?

Does the 7 heavenly virtues play any part in the books?

Gosh sorry for all the questions oh and sorry if I repeated any Q that is a lot of post to go through to make it to the 20th page :smileysad:

If you want to mention again how HAWT Matthews is, no one is going to complain. I know you are finishing up with his book, I hope he treated you well.

I so wish he was real I would so be a fang banger!

Awww thankies!!  Yeah, the chat was fun we have to do more!

The sins are all in the books- I mean, each sin is in every book.  There isn't one per- which was the way I thought it was going to be in the beginning,  Turned out I was wrong though lol I'm afraid I'm going to have to KEEEEEEEEEEEP READDDDDDDDDDDDDING!!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Tina2601 wrote:

Dear Warden,

Thank you so much for the awesome books and your great writing!

It's always fun and a pleasure to dive into the world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood! :smileyhappy:

Have you ever thought that it would be that big?

I mean, you have fans all over the world and on the message board there are now more than 32200 members... How does that feel? :smileyhappy:

I can't wait for Lover Mine! And I hope that a lot books will follow!

Greetings from Germany

Tina

I'm overwhelmed and very very grateful!  I never knew in a million years things would get as big as they have- but I'm very lucky and very grateful!

I remember that every day when I go to work- and I get to sit down and be in my head with the Brothers and the angels- it's because of the readers I get to do this full time and be happy with what I'm doing for my job, you know???

PS the German readers have been amaaaaaaaaaaaazing!!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

SandymSM wrote:

Hi again WARDen,

I'm sorry but I have another question.

First a comment though.

I loved the dedication to Theo.  When I read it in print, it actually made me shed a couple of tears.

I felt pride for our little fighter.

Okay, so here comes the question:

From Covet's inception, was Dog always going to be a part of it?  Or was he added

into the story after Theo came into our lives?

OMG me too- I was just sending the book into production when Theo entered our lives- and I knew he was the one I was dedicating it to.  And it's so weird- it was so hard to lose our Theo (and I do mean our because so many of you guys took him into your hearts just as much as I did), but LeE's been staying here at the house these last few days and she brought her rescue Aman (or Archie) who was only found because of Theo.  If Theo hadn't come to us, we never would have met and loved Archie (who came from a no-kill shelter recommended to us by the wonderful vet hospital who gave Theo such good care.)

I'm sorry, I'm rambling- I still have Theo's pictures on my phone.  They're hard to look at... but I wouldn't trade know and loving him, even though we lost him.  In my life, I've never had so many people come together and be so supportive...

And now I have another wee black dog winding around my ankles and giving me kisses and showing me and his LeMommy his sweet face.  Dogs are so wonderful and so are cats and all the critters who make us better by their being around us.

Oh and Dog was always in the books- he was in the original outline :smileywink:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

I just really want to thank everyone for coming and also thank Barnes and Noble for always being so supportive of the books!  I feel as though I've failed to some degree because I haven't been able to answer everyone's questions (without doing KEEP READDDDDDDDING after KEEP READINNNNNNNNNNG) but I guess that just shows how much you guys are paying attention: because you are asking exactly those questions that are going to be answered in future books!

I hope everyone knows how much I appreciate the kindness and the love and the support and all those recommendations that have been made to friends and family.  Word of mouth can't be bought- it can only be earned- and I really take it as a vote of confidence when I hear that people are passing on the series to folks they know.  So thank you thank you thank you!

The Brothers are totally open ended as a series now- and maybe the Angels will be too after I get through the first seven books (we'll have to see!!)  As long as you all want to keep reading, and the good Lord keeps me able, I hope to just keep on keepin' on with what I'm doing. 

Anyway, I'll try and be on to answer more tonight, but if I can't be, I'll see you on the BDB boards, and at the chats and at signings! 

Thank you again for everything!!  MUUAH!!  J.R.

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Hi WARDen!

Just thought of a few questions and hoping you can answer them.  PLEASE!  Have you ever thought about writing a book where the Scribe Virgin gets her HEA?  It just seems like she deserves one after her unhappy romantic misadventure with V's father?  With some of The Chosen leaving and going to live with Phury & Cormia it must be more lonely than ever.

What do you think of this list of children for the Brothers?  Of course, we know Wrath & Beth will have a son.

Rhage & Mary (girl), Zsadist & Bella (boy maybe), Butch & Marissa (boy), Vishous & Jane (girl-I know she may not be able to have any kids, but I could see V as a dad, hopefully) and Phury & Cormia (girl).  Just an idea.  Care to confirm anything?   Thanks!  :smileyvery-happy:

New User
blsmith
0 Kudos

hey warden! i hope its not to late...i think my post got deleted somewhere :-( but ill just ask again incase u may answer....

if tohr remates (yes its a question about him again) does that mean hell be bonded? because technically a brother can mate and not bond right? like wrath and beth? just asking

love you and the brohters and the angels and anything that comes out of that intelligent brain!

New User
VishousMine
0 Kudos

In the Insider's Guide, Phury and Cormia have a son (really good book, includes great novella about Z and Bella). Z and Bella have a daughter, if they have any more kids it would be at least 10 years from now.

I like the other choices, Mary & Rhage and V & Jane would have to adopt, though.

New User
Twinz66
0 Kudos

Hi Warden, I would like to ask if you will not be doing a signing in the near future in New York, how does the virtual signing work so I can be take part in it? Also, are you considering making the Brotherhood series into a movie? I was wondering if you would consider giving your loyal fans a "christmas gift" and move the publishing date for Lover Mine to maybe January 2010 instead of May?? You have us on edge waiting for the next book!! Love, Love, Love your brilliant writing - you definitely take us to another world! And the additional Novella's you write are like little treats! My Best to you.... Twinz66
New User
jnewborg
0 Kudos

Hey J.R

i just want to start off by saying you are my all time favorite auther. i loooooved the brotherhood series and i'm so excited for john's story but i was extremely excited to hear you wrote a new serie with the fallen angels i was the first person at barns and noble that morning it came out and read it before the day was over i loved the whole pretty women idea you had with the charactors and i'm excited to read more of the series...when will the next fallen angel book 2 come out? what will it be about? i'm soooo excited keep up the great work you are a goddess with the paranormal romancesses keep writting!

New User
mama1
0 Kudos

when did Rev and Ehlena move into the mansion?   Did I overlook that bit of info?

New User
Val61
0 Kudos

:mantongue:Hi I have not read your books, but I intend to. I drink coffee and read vampire books. I have been a fan of vampires for along time. I just found you and I intend to read your work. I am an amateur writer myself and have never published my work and I may never do that but I enjoy reading everyone elses so much. I love vampire movies also which started my reading of different book on this subject and love books better than the movies. I also love romance so with that mixed in with the vampires I am in heaven on earth. Thank you for your time. Have a very Merry Christmas.