Contributor
gaharleygirl

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23

*nodding* yep- thats what I'm thinkin' - if Jim wins all of the matches then it's gonna be a short game, right??

P.S. any hints on your playlist for LM or CRAVE??

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hi!!!! Aw thankies!

I)  There will be a break beneath Wellsie's name to denote her passing then his second female's will go beneath...  :smileysad:  But it's good because Wellsie will never be totally forgotten.  He won't have his son's name, however, as the child wasn't born.  But he will find another way of honoring the son he never knew...

2)  Well, they were born to balance each other, but it doesn't mean it has to end like that :smileywink:

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Hi Kesha!  Thankies!  I'm really glad you like the Brothers...

Qhuinn will definitely have his whole story told, it's a question of whether or not it's in a series of books or a thick short story or a stand alone Brotherhood book!  And I'm not sure about Colorado :smileysad:  I don't get out much and can't do the airplane thing :smileysad:

I suck *sigh*

New User
HelloKittiexoxo
0 Kudos

Thanks SOOOOOO much for your response, JR!  Z is my all time favorite character in any book I've ever read.  I can't wait to see him holding a baby bottle with baby clothes over his shoulder!  He's such a wonderful father :smileyvery-happy:

New User
Melcryer
0 Kudos

Hello, WARDen!!!

LOVED Covet!  I felt it was close enough to BDB that fans should find it easy to get into, but the addition of the Angel/Demon framework made for it's own unique POV and strengths.  Still not getting the whole collection of dressers and clocks with Devina, but I'm probably due for a re-read anyway!  :smileywink:

I so love the fact that you take the time to get on your board and take questions from your fans.  You've answered several of my questions in the past, and there's always a little giddiness that the author answers!

(Now, if you'd just drop a little hinty-hint on No'One - without the smurf robe or a KP.  Just sayin'....)

Can't wait for the chat tomorrow and will defo be making plans to come to a signing for JM!

New User
ladyleofn
0 Kudos

Morning/Afternoon Warden!

After reading Covet I have a question about Trez.  In Covet everytime Marie-Therese went to talk to the police at the Club Trez was there and each time it was daytime.  Does this mean that Trez can go out in the daylight or does he have an apartment connected to the club like Rehv did with Zero Sum?

Thank you for the wonderful characters and being such a  brilliant writer.

New User
LizDunn
0 Kudos

Hi JR... GAA (GoAskAlice) here.  I absolutely loved Covet and was personally hooked from the beginning!  I am guessing the characters will, well, keep us guessing!  Will we have POV's from Jim's companions at some point?  I have a feeling Ad's past is "interesting".  Thanks for not only be a wonderful writer but such a great person!  See you next signing! -Liz

New User
Tiffanie31
0 Kudos

Tohr wrenches my heart!!!  What a male of worth!!  His mating will be joyous and sad at the same time.

*wipes forehead*

woo... major relief on the SV front!  Thanks Warden!!!

thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions!!!  That is so fricken awesome of you.

-Tiffanie

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

Yeah, I was really hung up on the beginning of COVET too, just gnawing over, HOW IN THE HELL IS THIS GOING TO WORK FOR PEOPLE *sigh*  that's the trouble/challenge/thing with authors, or at least, with me.  My big worry is, since I can't change the way the stories are in my head, how do I get them on the page in the most accessible way possible, in a form that readers will enjoy?  Because I can't change the storylines- otherwise my pictures and voices shutdown.  I guess that's why I wasn't surprised by people's reactions, if they had them.  The paranormal elements in the book are really a slow build until the last quarter and then BOOM!  All the sudden you're in the black magic, spells, ritual killings, freaky stuff.  I think again, that's why Wrath and Beth's story was a lot easier for folks to grab onto: one hero, one heroine, and the hero's already in his world.  I struggled like hell writing DL- it was the same with COVET- because I had to learn the world and make sure it was shown well.  But the structure of the plot was much simpler.  I think they're both excellent books and I'm proud of them- but I do understand where people are coming from when the comparisons are made.

I think when you put something out you have to be very clear what you did well, what you struggled with, and what the reaction of people are.  Doesn't mean you would do things differently, but you have to cop to the strengths and weakenesses.  No book is perfect- I mean, jeeeeeez I'm NEVER satisfied.  I would go back and brush up DL if I could!!!  But I'm devoted to trying to get better with every book- my readers deserve nothing better considering they're plunking down not only their hard earned cash BUT the hours it takes to read!

Author
JR-Ward
0 Kudos

OMG LM?  It's my standard!  L.L. Cool J's Head Sprung's been playing a lot- also 2-Pac, Asher Roth (I love Colllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllege,) some Pink (which surprises me I'm a rap thing,) Eminem, Akon (not as much but I'm still hearing it,) GUnit as always, 50, Luda (you know the drinking song right?  You see the vid?  LOLOLOLOL)

Crave- I'm wondering if I'll Tom Sawyer and ACDC and Van Halen it- it's what Jim and Ad listen to?

New User
ButterFlyCali
0 Kudos

Thanks J.R.,

I completely understand travel. I'll do virt. signing. Covert was great. What is Crave?

Thanks,

Kesha

New User
HelloKittiexoxo
0 Kudos

Hey JR, another question... there were a few Covet character references to BDB (loved that btw!) and I remembered Marie-Terese as well.  When you wrote her into the BDB world, and Trez opening his own club, did you know that they would play such a large part in Covet?  Just curious if you were planting the seeds back then or if it was an after thought...

- Monica

Contributor
gaharleygirl
0 Kudos

*nodding*  excellente!!! * opening new tab to pull up You tube*

your playlists rock!

New User
Lilly12
0 Kudos

Hi, I have still more questions...sorry they never seem to end...lol

Any hints on how, or what we'll hear about Murhder? Will we get to meet him?

Also, Will we get to hear Layla or Saxton's POV's?

Thanks again:smileyvery-happy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi J.R., I'm so excited to see you here! I was a Jessica Bird fan long before you started writing about the Black Dagger Brotherhood. In fact, I found out about the series when I googled your name -- I was wondering why I wasn't seeing more Jessica Bird books on the new release shelves, and discovered that you were busy with a new series. I got instantly hooked on Wrath and the gang, and I've got Covet in my TBR pile.

I love the paranormals, but does this mean Jessica Bird is gone for good?

New User
Naturegirlej
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23 Map of BDB mansion?

I loved reading the new series Covet. I would like to know when will we see the map of the BDB mansion?

New User
eternalheart
0 Kudos

Hi JR.  I am so thrilled at being able to actually "talk" (or anyways, connect) with you!  I had been hooked on Anne Rice novels for 5 years and tried and tried to find other, similar things that would really get to me.  Nothing did until I read the BDB!  Now I've been hooked on them for 3 years or so!   I don't know how they are similar in any way to Anne's work but for some reason they spoke to me.  While I don't mind romance or vampire fiction in general, none of them do anything for me, they don't move me or excite me (and I don't mean just "that kind" of excitment).  So thanks for getting the stories in your head in the first place and into books for us in the second place! 

I bought Covet on it's first day out and finished it within the week.  I enjoyed it but it didn't grab me as much as BDB.  I didn't have an issue with what some are calling a slow start, but I didn't like the demonic possession, ritual stuff much.  I would have prefered a more subtle but normal way of beating the bad guys (or in this case, the bad girl). 

I have noticed a decline in the last two BDB books of lovemaking scenes.  Is there a reason?  Or is it just a faulty perception on my part?

One last thing, I have tried to get on the blog from your website and can't seem to figure out how it works, can't get started.  If anyone out there can give me some simple thing I'm missing that could get me hooked up easily, that would be great.

New User
TrooperSM
0 Kudos

Hello and forever have a prolific pen WARDen,

My question is, does the Glymera know that Lash is alive and that he is the one responsible for the numerous killing of the Civilians? And if thats the case then is the Glymera's attitude toward Qhuinn and the monies owed to the Glymera for Lash's throat slashing still in effect or have they reconsidered?

Thank you for the wonderful ride your books have given me.

New User
Naturegirlej
0 Kudos

Re: J.R. Ward, October 19-23 Zsadist

Z  is my favorite of all the brothers as well. I love how his character has opened and embrace the love and life that he should rightfully enjoy. He has come a long way and has been enlightned to a whole new chapter in his life. He deserves every happiness.

Contributor
clong
0 Kudos

Hey Warden It's me Clong again, can't pass up the opportunity to ask you questions so:

Since you have said that Mhurder will get his own book.  Do you already know who his female will be?  I know you won't say who she is but have we met her?

Do you see a possiblity of Qhuinn and Blay's story being told during Payne and Manny's story as a subplot.  I know that is still a good ways away but I was curious if we may see their story at that time?