Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Rognvaldr
0 Kudos

Re: Kim Harrison, March 2-6

I notice that you're going to Austin for the Book Tour.  Any chance of adding Houston to the list?
New User
Bozquest
0 Kudos

Have you ever considered going Hollywood and submitting a script for the Hollows Series of books?  As great as they are I would love to see them on the big screen?

New User
GabrielleBadeau
0 Kudos

Hey Kim, just got WWBC from preorder and thus far, I'm loving it. Just one question, when are you going to make it out to Akron, Ohio on tour? I'd love to come meet you and have ALL my books signed. Yes, I have them all now and I've even got one girl I work with and my cousin hooked on The Hollows.
Frequent Contributor
Guerneymember12
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

I'm new to the Hollows series, introduced this month by my FAVE book club, the B and N online paranormal site.  they always pick great books, and this month is White Witch, BC.  when I haven't read a book, I always go back and read its predecessors in the series.  this is the most catching up I've ever had to do!!  I've actually decided not to cram them all in this month unless it just happens because i've ust finished the first one and i really enjoyed it.

My question is do you know how long of a series that this might be?  I hope this han't been answered already but I had to just skim the other questions trying to not give anything away from any of te other book either.  one mentiond how ivy uses her charm and i don't want to know until I read it.  I waited all book 1 thinking I would learn.  I'm glad I will find out later.

also, because I think of you writing these several years ago before paranormal was as popular as it is today, what made you decide to write this type of a book?  did you do the tried and true, write what you like to read? If so, who are some of your favorites in the genre?

Thanks for joining us,

candace

New User
Seabug
0 Kudos

Hey Kim, Do you know when, where and times you'll be in cincinatti and dayton ohio? I would love to see you but can't find places or times! Your books are the greatest, Keep them coming!!
New User
Dalaerala
0 Kudos

I am halfway through WWBC and this morning I was sitting in Starbucks before work today crying at Chapter 14 (my husband looking at me like I'm a nut).

I love your books and have recommended them to all of my coworkers (we've started a book sharing circle lately).

I don't really have any questions... just wanted to let you know that I was so darn excited for WWBC to finally be released.

Thank you for your work!

New User
actorbabsla1
0 Kudos

Kim,

I am a huge fan of the Hollows series!!  I also want to know if and when you're making it into a feature film or perhaps a TV series?!??  Also, who are your favorite feature film writers and what TV shows do you love to watch?

Looking forward to reading this new book!  Just finished my second reading of all the other books.

Warmly,

Barbara

New User
Amber_Stone
0 Kudos

Hi, Kim! I'm excited to be talking to you on here even though we've spoken quite a few times on your DramaBox. I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the time you take to reply to all your fans! Even when we post the silliest things you make an effort to respond. Even if I didn't love your books that would put you on my top author list. I know you can't do it forever (the more popular you get the harder it will be) but until then, thank you!

Amber Stone

Joplin, Mo

New User
Amber_Stone
0 Kudos

Ah! I did have a real question... You seem to keep it hidden, as I can't find it in any of your bios, but, how old were you when you published your first novel?
Reader
Jenova
0 Kudos

Welcome, I L O V E this series, I recommend to everyone, I just started reading White Witch Black Curse and already I wonder when does the next book come out? I hope/wish this wonderful series could be a tv/movies series, has anyone come to you about this yet? I would prebuy my tickets now. lol keep us intriged, entertained and wanting more...
New User
suzwalsh
0 Kudos

hey there kim!  no questions, just praise.  i work at a local b&n in s fl and am always on the lookout for new authors in my fav genre.  when 'dead witch walking' hit our shelves i was the first to buy it and have recommended it (and the series that followed) hundreds of times since. who knew that first book was to spawn the almost epic mystery/drama that has unfolded since? from book to book i sit awestruck as you weave threads from one book skillfully into the next, the one after and on. fleshed out in detail, these characters have literally taken breath right in front of us! we all feel we know rachel, ivy, jenks, eddon. . .i could go on and on.

i just want to say thank you kim, what a pleasure to be along for this ride!  the seeds you have sown like little jewels lead deliciously onward making the ride so enjoyable i almost don't care the destination.  and yet, the mysteries tickle. . .whats the secret rachel shares with trent?  whats als true ulterior motive? BRAVA, BRAVA, BRAVA {stands clapping}

its a heckavu gift you've given us girl, be proud.

New User
Cindy883
0 Kudos

Kim,

I went out on Tuesday & got WWBC & had it finished by Wednesday morning (can anyone say Coffee!). Now I have so many questions about what comes next! You are so good at keeping the story going & setting us up to want more & more & more...book after book! I dont know how often you get to hear it, but thank you for sharing your beautiful mind & imagination w/ us...Your the Bomb!

Cindy

Tucson AZ

New User
Kesh
0 Kudos

Hey Seabug, (Cool name!)

Kim has her tour schedule up on her website: Kimharrison.net. And ther are other nifty things there too. Hope that helps.

Keshmenie

New User
jengarc77
0 Kudos

I havent gotten new book yet but am trully stoked to get it this weekend! :womantongue: Just tell me one thing, besides if you would consider adding Abilene Tx to ur book tour.....

How many novels you think you're going to be writing in this series?

New User
Kesh
0 Kudos

Kim,

I really liked WWBC. I just wanted to know will we see Matalina in the stories more? I liked her few appearances in the earlier books, and now that she isn't well it would be nice to know how she is other than by having her be a stray thought by one of the main characters. She appeared briefly in WWBC, hovering in the background, but she was such a wise character, sort of like Rachels Mom, and I miss her input.

Keshmenie

Reader
DotRat
0 Kudos

One question only, will you ever make an appearance for book signing in New England? The Boston Area?
New User
julia82
0 Kudos

Kim-

First of all thanks for doing this, its awesome:smileyhappy:

I have two questions:

1)How long did you write before getting published? (ie: Have you always considered yourself a "writer" or was this a new adventure for you? Did you have one book written- or several?)

2) What is the writing experience like for you- is it work? an escape? Maybe a bit of both?

New User
suzwalsh
0 Kudos

forgive me, i couldn't help myself.  while it may never come to pass. . .if you ever needed something to write about i'd like to suggest.

1) a tamwood trilogy - how ivys family became enmeshed with piscary

2) a retrospective - piscarys life - ahh that would be quite a few books ehh?

3) the kalamack morgan history - travel back to the time of the  2 'dads' and their friendship.

or hey! i am up for something new, i'll follow wherever you lead. 

New User
Cielo62
0 Kudos

I have enjoyed reading this series SO MUCH! It's taken the place of the excitement I had for the Harry Potter series (and that's saying something!) NOW I can wait with breath with held for the next book!

Aside from my gushing admiration, I DO have one question, and maybe I missed it somewhere but... I started to re-read all the books to be fresh for this one. Even re-bought them all in hard cover, too. BUT... what did Ivy wish for with her leprechaun wish from the first book? Should I have guessed it? Please let me know unless it's something yet to be revealed in the near future.

I also want to thank you for schlepping all the way down to Texas. Alas, I can't get to Austin in time for your book signing there. But I DID leave one to be signed!

I just can't WAIT to read the new book!

Your witchy friend in Houston,

Cielo Perdomo

New User
momofstatcat
0 Kudos

Well, as I have never done this before, I hope this is right.

Hi Kim,

Such a big fan of yours but then you know that because why else would I be here :smileyhappy: I have just gotten thru White Witch Black Curse. Yes, I know, no spoilers. Just so you know, I LOVED IT !!!! I love them all. I have a 12 year old cat named Lestat (guess what I was reading when I got him) and a 2 year old named Kistin (was accidently misspelled in the vets records so I just kept it). My question is about Kisten. Well, more like a request. Please say you are going to find a way to bring him back !!!!!! My friend said "she can't bring him back, he is twice-dead". My response was that nothing is definate in Kim's books. So, how bout it? Can we have him back?