Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Re: Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter, October 5-9

OK. I'm back in. The authors are back in. Where were we?

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!

0 Kudos

Irenegr wrote:

Many many kisses to Kresley and Gena from Greece!! First of all you both rock i love ..no better i adore you!

Hi Irenegr! Kisses right back atcha! :smileyhappy:

A lot of people actually asked you this question is about Melanthe so i hope i dont put you in a difficult position. I saw you said that the book will propably came later in 2011. But i was wondering just wondering if you can reveal something anything about it anything you want to just feed me a bit plzzzzzz hahaha She is one of my favorites and no i should not start about Thronos, i mean i dont know which one to pick i am soo popular!!haha

Oooh, I just dished a little on my previous post about Lanthe and Thronos' first meet scene!

PS(again) I saw in Gena's blog that her publisher is trying to provide copys for overseas fans like me i hope you might work something out i really reallyyyyy want a sighnd copy.

We are awaiting word--hopefully will hear good news soon!

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Kresley-Cole wrote:

mysteryPhD wrote:

Actually, all this talk about cookies has made me curious - KC & Gena - do you have a favourite writing time snack?

Chocoloate, french fries, burgers. Power bars, fruit, grapes.

And for nervous moderators who think the boards are broken, the snack of choice is fingernail parings...

OK, my first question: Which one of you is the writing "top?" (Ms. Booksquare thought I didn't know what I was getting into? Pshaw...).

Bethanne

0 Kudos

Bethanne wrote:

We were about to bombard them with silly questions? Okay, okay. I was about to bombard them with silly questions

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

Libra,

I'll pretty much eat anything already.  I absolutely prefer winter.  I met Kresley at a writer's conference and drooled all over her about how much I loved her books.  One of the best things I ever did :smileyhappy:  Sadly, I didn't listen to much music when I was a kid.  Weird, I know!

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

libra_86930 wrote:

Bethanne wrote:

We were about to bombard them with silly questions? Okay, okay. I was about to bombard them with silly questions

HAHA, there are no silly questions...just silly access problems! Glad you're still here, libra_86930.

Bethanne

0 Kudos

MRMRS wrote:

OMG! Dudes I love you guys! You two are my absolute favorite authors! My BFF Isabel and I have a "book club" that is almost exclusively dedicated to the discussion of both of your books.

Best book club ever, or what? Uh, I mean other than those at B&N.

I can't think of a better way to describe the pure love we have for your collective works then to relay the following conversation. I ordered Isabel(and myself) an early b-day gift of your duology signed by the both of you. When I told her about the books I was just excited that the two of you would have taken the time to sign our books. Isabel's response was "You mean to tell me that Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter will know our names?!?!?!?!" At that I about fell over laughing!:smileyvery-happy: Thank you both for everything you do and keep it coming or our "book club" will become defunct.

LOLOL Tell her we said hi!  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Kresley-Cole wrote:

MRMRS wrote:

OMG! Dudes I love you guys! You two are my absolute favorite authors! My BFF Isabel and I have a "book club" that is almost exclusively dedicated to the discussion of both of your books.

Best book club ever, or what? Uh, I mean other than those at B&N.

I can't think of a better way to describe the pure love we have for your collective works then to relay the following conversation. I ordered Isabel(and myself) an early b-day gift of your duology signed by the both of you. When I told her about the books I was just excited that the two of you would have taken the time to sign our books. Isabel's response was "You mean to tell me that Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter will know our names?!?!?!?!" At that I about fell over laughing!:smileyvery-happy: Thank you both for everything you do and keep it coming or our "book club" will become defunct.

LOLOL Tell her we said hi!  :smileyhappy:

That story from MRMRS just encapsulates why connecting authors and readers is such a joy....

Bethanne

0 Kudos

Bethanne wrote:

HAHA, there are no silly questions...just silly access problems! Glad you're still here, libra_86930.

Bethanne

Me too. Glad my sister was chattering at 7am in the morning. Woke me up intime not to miss the live chat. Also glad I didnt whack her again for waking me up :smileytongue:

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

<<Best book club ever, or what? Uh, I mean other than those at B&N.>>

I absolutely agree!

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

Bethanne wrote:

And for nervous moderators who think the boards are broken, the snack of choice is fingernail parings...

OK, my first question: Which one of you is the writing "top?" (Ms. Booksquare thought I didn't know what I was getting into? Pshaw...).

Uh, maybe I'm the one who didn't know what I'm getting into. :smileywink: Ms. Booksquare is the top.

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Gena-Showalter wrote:
  I met Kresley at a writer's conference and drooled all over her about how much I loved her books.  One of the best things I ever did :smileyhappy:  
Wasn't there something about how pets take in after their owners
....hahah.... I give you free leave to smack me e__e

Sadly, I didn't listen to much music when I was a kid.  Weird, I know!
So what were you into when you were young... I mean a kid.( except reading or else you wouldnt become an author if you didnt like to read ~__~)
And you skipped your to do list before you die :smileyhappy: ( I wasn't kidding when I told you I can be annoying to the max :smileyvery-happy: Just grip your stress ball and chant 'I'm seeing her just for today... just... today...')

Okay, okay. Serious question this time. Originally the lords of the underworld featured the 6 main characters( I think) and now that list has been expanded. Sorry if this question has been asked before but how many books for the LOTU are you imagining? Have the final pair for the end of the series been decided? (torin maybe? that's why you're keeping it under close wrap?)
 And will Anya get her own book?
New User
adhopkins
0 Kudos

Hi Kresley!

Couple o' questions:

I LOVE that you are always introducing new characters.  Like all the time.  Do you have any plans for introducing a male member of Witch clan?  I'm major interested to see what you'd do with him. :smileytongue:

And a final Lothaire question: Is he a natural born vampire?

Major thanks!

:smileyhappy:adh

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

adhopkins wrote:

Hi Kresley!

Couple o' questions:

I LOVE that you are always introducing new characters.  Like all the time.  Do you have any plans for introducing a male member of Witch clan?  I'm major interested to see what you'd do with him. :smileytongue:

And a final Lothaire question: Is he a natural born vampire?

Major thanks!

:smileyhappy:adh

Hi adh *waves* Uhn... isn't mari's father one? Since she got her witchiness from her dad's side.

Ooh... yeah, that makes me wonder. According to the origins of the valkyrie, Nix is the eldest, followed by Furie and Cara right?

Are we going to see who the oldest vampire is and their detailed origin?

Also you mentioned male sirens. Do they figure in the big plan or just background character

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

uh oh... did I annoy you guys away? Come back~~ I'm sorry! I promise not to make stupid comments again! Well...I'll try. The best I can promise that's true. :smileysad:  Come.... back.... *reaches out hand*

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Kresley-Cole wrote:

Chocoloate, french fries, burgers. Power bars, fruit, grapes.

ejusdem generis *nods* General words followed a specific ones are taken to include things of only the same kind. By mentioning fruit followed by the specific mention of grapes,  it can be construed that by fruits, you refer to the berry family only. And not the  variety of fruits as a whole.

What is the relevance of this pertaining the topic? Non whatsoever, but I have to memorize that one before monday. What better way to remember than a fun way :smileytongue: (I feel like I'm in sesame street)

Power bars? Really? thought they taste like cardboard and sawdust with raisins.

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Libra said:

You skipped your to do list before you die

I don't plan to ever die :smileyhappy:  

Why 12 Lords of the Underworld warriors?

When I wrote that first Lords of the Underworld book, those 12 warriors stood up and demanded page time and I couldn't resist them.  I still can't LOL 

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Gena-Showalter wrote:

Libra said:

You skipped your to do list before you die

I don't plan to ever die :smileyhappy:  

lol, we all don't plan to die. But we'll stick our spoons on the wall sooner or later. Unless you're an immortal :smileyhappy:

Why 12 Lords of the Underworld warriors?

When I wrote that first Lords of the Underworld book, those 12 warriors stood up and demanded page time and I couldn't resist them.  I still can't LOL 

whoops!! It's 12??? My sister gave me the wrong info!  *shakes fist at her for embarrassing me*

Now she's saying she meant there are 2 groups so she told me it was 6. She's completely at fault here *earnest nod*

So are you planning on the complete 12 or adding more as you go? Also.. if and I say if you're done with one series and invisioning starting another. Any idea yet on what the premise would be?

Contributor
Lisa_Kroener
0 Kudos

Yesss, I had that feeling that Sienna would be a big-time player later in the series. Can't wait to find out more! And Gena, you're an eeeeeevil one to torture us with those hints (although, come to think of it, it's my own fault - since I asked...).

libra_86930 wrote:

Also.. if and I say if you're done with one series and invisioning starting another. Any idea yet on what the premise would be?

Does anyone here want to envision the ending of the LOTU-series? Surely not! As for me, you could go on and on with it.

And Libra, I think Gena mentioned once that she'd also planned for books for some of the "additional characters", so William will get his story (and I'm dying to find out about that mysterious book of his and if there will be anything left of it once Anya's finished with him :smileywink: ) and maybe Legion, too (or was that a novella? Or a secondary plot in one of the Lords-books? Aaaah, my brain...).

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Lisa_Kroener wrote:

Does anyone here want to envision the ending of the LOTU-series? Surely not! As for me, you could go on and on with it.

And Libra, I think Gena mentioned once that she'd also planned for books for some of the "additional characters", so William will get his story (and I'm dying to find out about that mysterious book of his and if there will be anything left of it once Anya's finished with him :smileywink: ) and maybe Legion, too (or was that a novella? Or a secondary plot in one of the Lords-books? Aaaah, my brain...).

Well... I did stress on the if part and I didn't say the series would be LOTU. Just hypothetically when one series is over.

Lol, too many possibilities that you have a brain drain?