Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Lisa_Kroener
0 Kudos

Re: Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter, October 5-9

libra_86930 wrote:

Well... I did stress on the if part and I didn't say the series would be LOTU. Just hypothetically when one series is over.

Yeah, I know. My comment was just a hidden hint for Gena. :smileywink: :smileyhappy:

libra_86930 wrote:

Lol, too many possibilities that you have a brain drain?

LOL, absolutely... :smileyvery-happy:

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

I plan to write a book for every Lord, as well as some of their friends.  And as new characters introduce themselves (which they always do) I'll probably add to that number :smileyhappy:

No new series in the works at the moment.  Not sure I could handle another LOL

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

Lisa, you sweetie!  

Yep, William will get his own book, and Legion will get a happily ever after (though not together :smileyhappy:!!

Contributor
PrincessBumblebee
0 Kudos

libra, pop your clogs? that's hilarious.:smileyvery-happy:

Yay, just preordered my copy of Deep Kiss! Can't wait! :smileytongue:Oh, and the teaser off of KC's forum is AWESOME! Check it out.

Oh, I'm so excited that Michael and Cara are confirmed as a future couple. Yeah, he really shouldn't harrass a woman who's part Furie, hehe. Not a good idea. And Lanthe and Thronos, can't wait. Rereading KDK and can't wait for their story. As well as Lothaire's. Hubba Hubba!

And it's nice to know our fave authors eating habits are so healthy!:smileywink:

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

Mystarea wrote:

Kresley! You were the first paranormal author I read and I devored your whole IAD series ever since. I love your MacCarrick brothers trilogy as well :-) 

Thank you, Mystarea, for letting me know you're enjoying the series! And the trilogy, as well (those MacCarricks are close to my heart!)

As you have already mentioned a few possibilties for future pairings, do you see yourself writing Kristoff's book in the future. I always pictured him with a valkeryie just bc of the juju vibes going on bw them and the forebearers (may have spelled that wrong).

Kristoff has a very interesting history with some twists that I didn't see coming. In the past, I confirmed that he will be with Furie, but I might have said that on Opposite Day, or even Red Herring Day, because I do observe both. :smileywink:

Honestly, I just want to thank both of you for writing your books. Whenever I need a pick me up and just to escape what is going on around me I always know that I can that that with either or your books. Being a good writer is a gift and one most people dont realize is truly rare. You both put out books that no only get better with each one but take the time to still connect readers to past characters and make them feel like they are part of their extended family. Thanks to you both and goodluck in the future :-)

You are so very welcome! I know Gena and I both LOVE to hear praise like this from readers. It makes this writing gig (which can be tough) so much more enjoyable. So thank you for taking the time to stop by and let us know!

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Kresley-Cole wrote:

Kristoff has a very interesting history with some twists that I didn't see coming. In the past, I confirmed that he will be with Furie, but I might have said that on Opposite Day, or even Red Herring Day, because I do observe both. :smileywink:

e___e you're yanking our chain... tell me you're just pulling our leg. We're already obsessed on the idea. Don't go changing it~~ >.<

Huh.. or is this a jk rowling stunt? First she says 'how do you know we I won't kill harry? I've been playing around with that idea a lot ' and then turns out she just said that to throw people off.

Yeah... that must be it. *denial*

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

roosevelt wrote:

Hi Gena and Kresley!  I've been looking forward to this new book for awhile!  I know you both have separate stories in this book, but have you ever discussed writing a book together?  Wow, what a book that would be!! 

Hi roosevelt!

Thank you! We've talked about taking the plunge and having a book together--and I'd love to, but only if it would take after Gena.

Kresley, I read in your forum that you are planning on introducing a new character in Deep Kiss of Winter named Loa, and she sounds fascinating!  Can you give us any more information on her while we wait for the book? 

Sure thing! A little history on the character: my first booksigning was in a bar in New Orleans called . . . Loa's. I loved the name, loved the definition (basically voodoo spirit), and over the years, I'd always played with the idea of writing a paranormal character called Loa. She finally got to make an appearance in Deep Kiss, and I can't wait to write her into more books! I hope to keep readers guessing about her *real* past. :smileyhappy: BTW, she has a weakness for gorgeous immortal men. But then, who doesn't??

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

PrincessBumblebee wrote:

libra, pop your clogs? that's hilarious.:smileyvery-happy:

Yay, just preordered my copy of Deep Kiss! Can't wait! :smileytongue:Oh, and the teaser off of KC's forum is AWESOME! Check it out.

Oh, I'm so excited that Michael and Cara are confirmed as a future couple. Yeah, he really shouldn't harrass a woman who's part Furie, hehe. Not a good idea. And Lanthe and Thronos, can't wait. Rereading KDK and can't wait for their story. As well as Lothaire's. Hubba Hubba!

And it's nice to know our fave authors eating habits are so healthy!:smileywink:

Well.. technically, she didnt really confirm it, we confirmed it for her ~__~.

Waiting for my order to arrive at kinokuniya here too( They told me they'd tell me when it arrives) I check my email every 3 hours to see if theres a notification that dkow has arrived at kino. Even now when it's 1.30am and there is absolutely no way kino is even open I still check my mail. I know I know, it'll get here when it gets here. But I can't help it. It's the same as the refridgerator. We know theres no food in there at times, but we still open it to check.It's a mysterious compulsion. Why is that? Nobody knows...

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

adhopkins wrote:

I LOVE that you are always introducing new characters.  Like all the time.  Do you have any plans for introducing a male member of Witch clan?  I'm major interested to see what you'd do with him. :smileytongue:

There might be another warlock of questionable repute coming up soon. Oh, and I do take requests.

And a final Lothaire question: Is he a natural born vampire?

I think I know why you asked this, and seeing as you are wily and brill, if I answer, you will figure out something that I've been keeping close to the vest.  Therefore I'm going to plead "mum." :smileysurprised:

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

libra_86930 wrote:
You do realize that by saying you've already worked out the michael/mortal conundrum, it can be construed by crazy fans( me! me!) that you've confirmed that michael will have an immortal love interest a.k.a Cara.
I guarantee nothing! :smileyhappy:

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

mysteryPhD wrote:

We could connect KC and Gena up to a snack machine and steal the pages as they come off the printer.

Ah, but I'm paperless.

Contributor
PrincessBumblebee
0 Kudos

Ah, we could figure a way out of that, KC!

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

yeah, I could bring my portable printer ( portable as in me dragging the printer on my back with all the wires trailing down)

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

Hi guys, thanks so much for a wonderful week chatting. And thank you to Bethanne, Paul Hochman, and B&N for having me here.

I think I got to everyone's questions (hope so!), but if not, or if you think of something new, you can post them at my forum.

Again, thanks for a great visit and all best wishes,

:smileyhappy:Kresley Cole

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

I just want to thank everyone, as well.  This week has been a blast and I had a wonderful time meeting with you guys and chatting.  My thanks, as well, to Bethanne, Paul Hochman and B&N!  If I missed a question, please don't hesitate to hit my site and email me.  My website: http://www.genashowalter.com

All the best!

Gena