Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Re: Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter, October 5-9

Hi, Kresley and Gena!   So nice to see you here at BN.com!  Dropping in from our new BN romance blog, Heart to Heart, to say hi and let you know that H2H loves you! 

We're very excited about "Deep Kiss of Winter," and so many of us are smack dab in the middle of reading it.

Gena and Kresley, here's a 'from left field' question:  Wondering whether you might ever team up to write a YA book?  Seems you could create young female protags who'd have a lot to show young girls about figuring out how to find themselves (while maybe kicking some bum)...

-- Michelle Buonfiglio (H2H)

Ps  We'll be featuring "Deep Kiss of Winter" at H2H soon. Kresley, you're part of an H2H feature here, and Gena, you've entertained my Romance: B(u)y the Book viewers at LifetimeTV.com.

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

zgarza01 wrote:

How much longer do I have to wait for Nix and Torin's story?:womansad:

She would be the only one able to touch him.

Or is there another?? DUN DUN DUN :smileywink:

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Oh, and hi LisaK and Princess Bumblebee!  LisaK, you brought up the IAD series immediately yesterday at RBTB when we were talking dark heroes w/Jessa Slade, so I can affirm you do great promo for those Immortals.  We were drooling over em, indeed, principessa.  You know, I'm looking forward to Kristoff, the Forbearer leader's story.  He's gettin a little antsy for his Bride, no?

Hey, 1la!  Nice to see you here!

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

libra_86930 wrote:

we know that the trilogy will feature regin. That's one character. So who are the other 2? I know you can't mention the pairing , but can you name the main character? Also, after untouchable, will we get to see more of the wroth brothers or will they be just small cameos(crosses fingers for conrad)

Next two main characters? I've been fairly mum on this, but I can tell you that it could be either Lanthe, Cara, Aidan the Fierce, Michael, Thronos, Carrow, Lothaire, Regin, or Rok. Or a few others. But don't hold me to that :smileytongue:

We might get to visit with the Wroth brothers a lot in the future. You'll see why in Deep Kiss of Winter!

New User
adhopkins
0 Kudos

Hi ladies! 

Just love your books!  And had a few questions if you get the chance.

As a combined KC/Gena question, have you considered further duologies after Deep Kiss of Winter?  I personally love this system and would be quite happy to have a KC/Gena duology for *every* holiday. 

For Gena, I know this is not Alien Huntress-related, but I just had to ask... Torin... an ETA?  Your fangirls are dying, Gena.

For KC, in regards to your upcoming novel Pleasure Of A Dark Prince, does the main heroine Lucia have any living family besides her Valkyrie half-sisters?  We know so little of her I was curious where she might have wandered.  And, of course, any info on Gamboa you happen to *accidentally* reveal would be gleefully accepted.  No pressure.  

Thanks so much!

:smileyhappy:adh

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kresley-Cole wrote:

Next two main characters? I've been fairly mum on this, but I can tell you that it could be either Lanthe, Cara, Aidan the Fierce, Michael, Thronos, Carrow, Lothaire, Regin, or Rok. Or a few others. But don't hold me to that :smileytongue:

We might get to visit with the Wroth brothers a lot in the future. You'll see why in Deep Kiss of Winter!

ahah! multiple choice answers. Brings back memories of when I was in middle school and happily ticking the answers at random. I'm pretty good at this XD.

Sooo.... of course, regin will be with aidan(*chants* gamboa gamboa!) and you said that cara and *cough* michael wont be till the next 3 books so they wont be in the trilogy( or... they could but since the next three books could include pleasures of a dark prince so technically the last book of the trilogy should be considered after 3...) I think it's gonna be carrow and rok!!( huh... seems too soon for a demon book but its been a while since a witch book came out so its likely this one. The third pair I'm still holding out for cara since lanthe and thronos you mentioned it'd be in a novella( probably) and it's still too early for lothaire( pfft.. just who the heck is the author here? me or you? XD I'm making my own plot here *sigh* )

So? So??! Am I getting warmer here?

YESSSS!!!!! A whole lot more wroths!! *dances a tap dance*

Awww thanks PrincessBumblebee , you think I'd make a great PA? Aside the fact that I hate coffee so would never under the pain of death buy coffee for anyone and can't wake up early enough to wake my employer XD. Hey, a fellow forumer are you? We talked there?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Had to stop in and say that I am a HUGE fan, and I'm so excited to see you here!

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

Michelle_Buonfiglio wrote:

Hi, Kresley and Gena!   So nice to see you here at BN.com!  Dropping in from our new BN romance blog, Heart to Heart, to say hi and let you know that H2H loves you! 

Hi Michelle!

We're delighted to be here. And thank you for the H2H love!

We're very excited about "Deep Kiss of Winter," and so many of us are smack dab in the middle of reading it.

I hope everyone's enjoying it--we've been getting some really nice early reviews so fingers crossed.

Gena and Kresley, here's a 'from left field' question:  Wondering whether you might ever team up to write a YA book?  Seems you could create young female protags who'd have a lot to show young girls about figuring out how to find themselves (while maybe kicking some bum)...

We toss around ideas like this all the time! I've been threatening to do a YA for years now--don't think I've ever come out in public about it though :smileysurprised:. And I would LOVE to see more of Gena's young alien huntress series like

Red Handed (Alien Huntress Series #3). Hey, maybe another duology--this time YA! 

Ps  We'll be featuring "Deep Kiss of Winter" at H2H soon. Kresley, you're part of an H2H feature here, and Gena, you've entertained my Romance: B(u)y the Book viewers at LifetimeTV.com.

Lords of the Bath! Priceless!:smileyvery-happy:

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

Alyss,

Dallas will absolutely get his own story!!  He's one of my faves :smileyhappy:

Gena

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

adhopkins,

Thank you so much!  I would love to work with Kresley again!  This has been a dream come true to me, and as she said, Kresley and I have indeed batted ideas around :smileyhappy:  

I'm not sure when Torin will get his story.  He's proving stubborn.  Or his heroine is.  Soon, I hope!  He deserves a HEA for sure!!   

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

I would love love love to do the young adult duology with Kresley!  That has become my new dream come true :smileyhappy:  Excellent idea!! 

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Hi Libra!  Naw, I don't mind you answering.  I'm going to have to write down the names of these characters that are secondary so that I can keep up with them.   Their book maybe next!  :smileyvery-happy: Anyway, I've got to check Lothaire out.  Gena's LOTU just came in the mail today and so did  two more of Kresley's IAD!  Whew!  That means I now have Bowe's story.  I'm just sooooo in love with him!  Sighhhhhhhhhhhh

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle!  Nice to be here!  I'm learning so many different things about these boards and I must say I'm enjoying every bit of it!!!  This is my first time at Center Stage.  Oh, so exciting getting to converse with these two fabulous authors!  Just simply thrilling!  And I'm learning so much from the other readers regarding their thoughts about both Kresley and Gena's different series!  Lots and lots of funnnnnnnnnnn! :smileyhappy:

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

Hi ececilia and Alyss,

Am so glad you guys enjoyed Melanthe's part in KODK! I definitely hope to write her story, but it probably won't be until 2011 or later. Sorry! Any one else you're looking forward to seeing?

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

PrincessBumblebee wrote:

Hey, everyone! A big wave to Kresley! I just ADORE your books and absolutely can't wait until Deep Kiss comes out! I'm currently rereading them to keep up on all of the fun, hehe. Oh, and Lothaire, can't wait for his book. I always visit your forum to check out the new happenings, hehe.

Hi PrincessBumblebee,

A big wave right back atcha! Am so happy you're enjoying the series and really hope you like Deep Kiss of Winter! Can't wait to write Lothaire :smileytongue:

and anyone who hasn't seen the new cover for 'Pleasure of a Dark Prince" has to check it out.

Oooh, it's glittery and fun. For those of you who haven't seen it, there's a sneak peek in the new IAD excerpt booklet (has the FREE Warlord Wants Forever novella in it). You can download it here. The pink text will be replaced with the wildest foil--changes colors, keeps me mesmerized for hours :smileyhappy:

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

adhopkins wrote:

Hi ladies! 

Just love your books!  And had a few questions if you get the chance.

As a combined KC/Gena question, have you considered further duologies after Deep Kiss of Winter?  I personally love this system and would be quite happy to have a KC/Gena duology for *every* holiday. 

Hi adh and thank you!

I wholeheartedly agree. Duologies for every season. DONE!

This was an awesome project to work on, and I truly hope we get to do it again!  I think readers will like the format, because it gave us both extra room to pen near novel length stories!  

For KC, in regards to your upcoming novel Pleasure Of A Dark Prince, does the main heroine Lucia have any living family besides her Valkyrie half-sisters?  We know so little of her I was curious where she might have wandered.  And, of course, any info on Gamboa you happen to *accidentally* reveal would be gleefully accepted.  No pressure.  

Well, it figures you would zero in on exactly why Lucia the Huntress is different--she's the mysterious one, with a hidden past, and a tragic-- Whoa! Stopping myself now. We don't know much about her yet, which is what she prefers. But there is a reason for this . . . and for her walkabouts. 

Soon, me lurvely, soon . . .

As for Gamboa, all I can say is that I'm having a hard time keeping him out of my head. Prolly because I visit my own board :smileywink: There's just something about him that makes the mind wander/ wonder. 

Really appreciate your stopping by! :smileyhappy:

New User
zoe422
0 Kudos

Kresley,

Love your books! Keep writing, please never stop, ha! But seriously, I love getting caught up in the world you created.

Carrow and Rok are two of my fav characters (but really, it's soo hard to choose) that haven't had their stories written yet. Can you give any insight (or cryptic clue) as to what's going on in either of their lives right now? Is Carrow on probation still?

Is Rok still living at the pool house alone? Or is he always too busy being summoned to even make it home?

Any tidbit is greatly appreciated!

Gena,

Love your books as well and i am beyond excited to get two of my all time favorite authors in one book! YAY!

I love the lords and am curious if you can also spare any juicy tidbits! Specifically about Strider? For instance, has he picked out a baby gift for Ashlyn yet? haha

Sorry for the silly questions girls. I figured they might be my best chance at getting answers <----My subtle way of begging :smileyhappy:

I seriously don't know what I would do if either of your stopped writing! Thanks so much for the escape!

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

Kresley -- I need you to spill more secrets.  Call me!  I won't taunt your wonderful readers too much...(okay, yes, yes I will!)  

Guys, I have read Untouchable and let me tell you, this novel is HOT!!!!  And wonderful and amazing and fabulous and sooooo freaking awesome.  (See, I'm already taunting)  

Zoe422 -- Thank you so much!  Strider is one of my faves :smileyhappy:  He is a big time player in Gideon's book, The Darkest Lie, and you'll get to see threads forming for his book.  Amun will probably come after Gideon, but Strider will most likely come after him.

New User
MRMRS
0 Kudos

OMG! Dudes I love you guys! You two are my absolute favorite authors! My BFF Isabel and I have a "book club" that is almost exclusively dedicated to the discussion of both of your books. I can't think of a better way to describe the pure love we have for your collective works then to relay the following conversation. I ordered Isabel(and myself) an early b-day gift of your duology signed by the both of you. When I told her about the books I was just excited that the two of you would have taken the time to sign our books. Isabel's response was "You mean to tell me that Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter will know our names?!?!?!?!" At that I about fell over laughing!:smileyvery-happy: Thank you both for everything you do and keep it coming or our "book club" will become defunct.

MAR

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Gena-Showalter wrote:

Guys, I have read Untouchable and let me tell you, this novel is HOT!!!!  And wonderful and amazing and fabulous and sooooo freaking awesome.  (See, I'm already taunting)  

*looks at gena enviously*