New User
mysteryPhD
0 Kudos

Re: Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter, October 5-9

*waves at Libby and adh*

*deeply curtsies to Ms Showalter - writer of Alpha men par excellence*

KC - I think I speak for all Loreans when I say that your books bring us fun and excitement and well, really hawt male characters.

In the spirit of making the other girls on the forum jealous (*looks pointedly at Libby*) would you like to let slip just a few more details about Cara and Michael? I am dying to know how she got the gig of looking after his family and how they will finally meet. Also, you mention in the glossary that Michael is from a 'noble' family - I assume that means a royal bloodline rather than a virtuous one? Any information you divulge will be kept in the strictest confidence, and only shared in the spirit of vicious one-up-manship, I promise.

Warmest regards,

Mystery

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

Oh, Mar, that's so sweet!!  Thank you so much for sharing!!  I'll be smiling all day :smileyhappy:

Contributor
PrincessBumblebee
0 Kudos

Hey, Michele! Love it that you stopped by and can't wait until you have Deep Kiss on at H2H! Just can't get enough of Kresley Cole's novels. Yes, and I love it when Bowen asks Lachlain if he didn't mark him hard, no?

Kresley, you make the BEST heros ever! Keep up the good work!

Oh, and I just love the cover of Deep Kiss! Again, jealous of your heroines!

Contributor
PrincessBumblebee
0 Kudos

libra, yep, I visit the forum, but under Tiona, my actual name, hehe. And, yeah, I'm with you on the morning thing. not a morning person, hehe

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

*glomps mystery* finally a familiar and somewhat deformed face! XD  What took you so long? I've been here for ages, there are bristles growing from my chin :smileytongue:

pfft.. and what do you mean in the spirit of making the other girls in the forum jealous?Tisk tisk leaving shulz behind.

Though I second your request for more info on cara and michael and when they finally come face to face with each other

Oh! it's tiona. A fellow forumer, mystery! *drags tiona to the fellowship of the forumers*

Yeah... I hate being woken up really early in the morning without reasonable reason. Once I whacked my 8 year old sister with my big bolster about 4-5 times with each whack saying " I told you.... *whack whack* not to ....*whack whack*  make that noise again!!!"  because she keeps drumming her feet on a plastic chair on an early sunday morning. Suffice to say, she was quiet as a mouse the rest of the morning ~__~

Gena~~ follow up on my sister loving your books. She says she hates strider because he can be a selfish prick sometimes ~__~. And she's asking about when torin's gonna get his book. I know you said earlier you have no idea when that'd be but here's to hoping that if we badger you enough, the book will miraculously begin to start writing XD. Do we have a 10% chance of that happening?

New User
Mystarea
0 Kudos

Wow, I must have done something really good lately if my karma is working like this :-) Gena, I just started Darkest Whisper and OMG if I didnt love Sabin before I most certainly do now!  I have to ask.... will Paris get his own story??? Now I know I havent finished DW and that there may be some more clues in there but I am reading it now and just wishing he gets his own HEA!  Are there any big things we should know about that you may be willing to share with us?????

Kresley! You were the first paranormal author I read and I devored your whole IAD series ever since. I love your MacCarrick brothers trilogy as well :-)  As you have already mentioned a few possibilties for future pairings, do you see yourself writing Kristoff's book in the future. I always pictured him with a valkeryie just bc of the juju vibes going on bw them and the forebearers (may have spelled that wrong).

Honestly, I just want to thank both of you for writing your books. Whenever I need a pick me up and just to escape what is going on around me I always know that I can that that with either or your books. Being a good writer is a gift and one most people dont realize is truly rare. You both put out books that no only get better with each one but take the time to still connect readers to past characters and make them feel like they are part of their extended family. Thanks to you both and goodluck in the future :-)

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Mystarea wrote:
  As you have already mentioned a few possibilties for future pairings, do you see yourself writing Kristoff's book in the future. I always pictured him with a valkeryie just bc of the juju vibes going on bw them and the forebearers (may have spelled that wrong).

Kristoff is definitely getting his own book though I hope it won't be too soon. And yes! his bride has already been decided and revealed!! Huh... there's no spoiler tags here. Shall I tell who? but it's too much big a spoiler to post without a warning to other readers... tell you what. Go here http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2009/01/31/sbda-saturday-night-liveblog/ and press the play button and scroll down

Who Kristoff's bride is in 9.41

*smacks head* Just reread the chat . You did tell us who one of the characters from the trilogy aside regin would be

quote for those who missed/ don't know

"KCole:  Carrow's probably going to be in the trilogy in 2010 if she makes bail."

Sooo...? who's the third pair? *I'm a persistant little bugger, I know ~__~

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

I would love to give your sister hope for Torin, but he's so stubborn it wouldn't matter what anyone did (believe me, I've tried just about everything :smileyhappy:

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

Paris will absolutely get a book of his own and a happily ever after.  I've begun weaving in the threads for his story.  So his book won't be too much longer.

And thank you so much, Mystarea!!  You made my day!

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Gena-Showalter wrote:

I would love to give your sister hope for Torin, but he's so stubborn it wouldn't matter what anyone did (believe me, I've tried just about everything :smileyhappy:

damn... and here we were, ready to group nudge in order to coerce you to write it.

New User
BluePink
0 Kudos

Hi Kresley and Gena! Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions :smileyvery-happy:

Soooo Kresley, I was wondering if we could expect a book about the fey (Tara specifically) somewhere down the line? and when is the trilogy expected to be released? Will there be another novella in the in between of PDP and the trilogy?

and Gena (I didn't forget about you!) who will be next in the Alien Huntress series? Will Dallas be coming up? Should we expect new characters?

xoxo

Contributor
PrincessBumblebee
0 Kudos

yes, it's me again! wow, can't believe it's only a few days until the release! Yay! Calm, I'm calm now, hehe.

This makes those fall days so much better! Will definatley heat them up.

libra, i did kinda the same thing to my twin sister one time. only i was still asleep at the time. she said i punched her, hehe. serves here right for trying to wake me up, hehe

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

I believe McKell will be next in the alien huntress series, and Dallas after that!!

New User
roosevelt
0 Kudos

Hi Gena and Kresley!  I've been looking forward to this new book for awhile!  I know you both have separate stories in this book, but have you ever discussed writing a book together?  Wow, what a book that would be!! 

I love how both of you have such interesting and unique characters in your books.  Kresley, I read in your forum that you are planning on introducing a new character in Deep Kiss of Winter named Loa, and she sounds fascinating!  Can you give us any more information on her while we wait for the book? 

And Gena, one of my all-time favorite characters is Legion.  Such a unique paranormal character!  I always love reading her scenes and have recently been wondering if she will ever be a heroine in her own right?       

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

zoe422 wrote:

Kresley,

Love your books! Keep writing, please never stop, ha! But seriously, I love getting caught up in the world you created.

Carrow and Rok are two of my fav characters (but really, it's soo hard to choose) that haven't had their stories written yet. Can you give any insight (or cryptic clue) as to what's going on in either of their lives right now? Is Carrow on probation still?

Is Rok still living at the pool house alone? Or is he always too busy being summoned to even make it home?

Any tidbit is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much, zoe422--delighted you're enjoying the books! So, insight or clues for Carrow and Rok? Carrow's nickname is not The Incarcerated One for nothing, so she's likely still on probation--or worse. As for Rok, they can't get him to move out of the pool house. Sabine weaves illusions to hide it from him, but he always unmasks his beloved man cave.:smileyhappy:

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

Gena-Showalter wrote:

Kresley -- I need you to spill more secrets.  Call me!  I won't taunt your wonderful readers too much...(okay, yes, yes I will!) 

I'll trade you, one series secret for another. Because your series secrets are worth GOLD. True story.

Guys, I have read Untouchable and let me tell you, this novel is HOT!!!!  And wonderful and amazing and fabulous and sooooo freaking awesome.  (See, I'm already taunting)  

You're one to talk, Showalter--Tempt Me Eternally does just that!

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

Sooooon, libra, just six more days! :smileyvery-happy:

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

mysteryPhD wrote:

Hey mystery, great to see you here!

*waves at Libby and adh*

Waving, too :smileyhappy:

*deeply curtsies to Ms Showalter - writer of Alpha men par excellence*

amen, sister.

KC - I think I speak for all Loreans when I say that your books bring us fun and excitement and well, really hawt male characters.

In the spirit of making the other girls on the forum jealous (*looks pointedly at Libby*) would you like to let slip just a few more details about Cara and Michael? I am dying to know how she got the gig of looking after his family and how they will finally meet. Also, you mention in the glossary that Michael is from a 'noble' family - I assume that means a royal bloodline rather than a virtuous one? Any information you divulge will be kept in the strictest confidence, and only shared in the spirit of vicious one-up-manship, I promise.

Psst. Just between me and you and the B&N board: Cara is getting fed up with Michael's global death-defying hijinks. And the last thing Michael should do is tweak a descendant of the Furiae. Let's just say he's been warned and hasn't listened . . . so she's about to teach him a lesson--that might back fire.

Wait. How did you get this much out of me, mystery? How?? Royal, noble, virtuous? Said too much . . . must stop . . .

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

BluePink wrote:

Hi Kresley and Gena! Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions :smileyvery-happy:

Hi BluePink, thanks for stopping by!

Soooo Kresley, I was wondering if we could expect a book about the fey (Tara specifically) somewhere down the line? and when is the trilogy expected to be released? Will there be another novella in the in between of PDP and the trilogy?

Yep, I'm definitely planning a story with Tera the Fey--she's a lock because she's one of my editor's favorites, and I can't wait to match her up! :smileyhappy:

We're finalizing details on my 2010 schedule and will be announcing release dates soon--stay tuned!

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kresley-Cole wrote:

Psst. Just between me and you and the B&N board: Cara is getting fed up with Michael's global death-defying hijinks. And the last thing Michael should do is tweak a descendant of the Furiae. Let's just say he's been warned and hasn't listened . . . so she's about to teach him a lesson--that might back fire.

Wait. How did you get this much out of me, mystery? How?? Royal, noble, virtuous? Said too much . . . must stop . . .

Yes!! mystery, she finally cracked!! I'm gleefully grinning here :smileyhappy:

Hahah, cara's getting angry. Wonder what she'll do to retalliate? Trip him with a banana skin? throw rotten lettuce, eggs and toilet paper at his house?Put superglue on his chair? Or steal his clothes when he's bathing while running away giggling ?  Ooh, I second the last option ! :smileyvery-happy: