Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Irenegr
0 Kudos

Re: Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter, October 5-9

Many many kisses to Kresley and Gena from Greece!! First of all you both rock i love ..no better i adore you!

Soo many things i want to ask so lets start with Gena first hehe xD

So  Gena i was wondering if you could reveal something about the female characters in Amun and Striders story. Well i realise its way to early for that, but maybe you know, anything a tiny info is enough for me. Also (a bit impatient i know) are we gonna see Aeron's cover soon? I bet it is gonna be sexy as hell four sure.Oh and one more thing any furure kids except from Ashlyn's and Maddox??I really try to imagine the fortress in Buda with all the Lords their mates and their kids oooooh that should be awesome!

PS When i leant you came in greece in summer i was like *Oh my god i will search the entire city* but no luck i didnt see you:smileysad: Well i suppose its natural Athens is huge! Also some times i am walking in the street wondering if i find Paris you know he definately doesnt need to ask me my permission to have me(but crap he loves another one) A girl can always dream i suppose:smileyvery-happy:

Kresley

A lot of people actually asked you this question is about Melanthe so i hope i dont put you in a difficult position. I saw you said that the book will propably came later in 2011. But i was wondering just wondering if you can reveal something anything about it anything you want to just feed me a bit plzzzzzz hahaha She is one of my favorites and no i should not start about Thronos, i mean i dont know which one to pick i am soo popular!!haha

I am really happy i can actually talk to you i mean US people are so lucky thay can see you!!!!!Once again thanks for all your time you spent to write these masterpieces and i am really looking forward to your next releases!!

PS(again) I saw in Gena's blog that her publisher is trying to provide copys for overseas fans like me i hope you might work something out i really reallyyyyy want a sighnd copy.

Many kisses and hugs

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Hi Kresley & Gena!

I've been reading the posts and I keep running across the book Untouchable.  Is that one of either of your books?  Kresley, gotta let you know that I went to school with a girl named Loa.  Couldn't believe it when I saw that name!   I always thought it was so beautiful.  I think one of you used my name as one of your characters.  I thought I saw it in a sample preview I read.  Gwen?  You see how we readers are!  It doesn't take much to make us happy!  We take such little things to heart like seeing our names in print! :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Kresley-Cole wrote:

Sooooon, libra, just six more days! :smileyvery-happy:

Six more days till DKOW and 5 more days till my exam. NOOOO~~~~!!

Come closer DKOW, go away exams >.<.

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

1lovealways wrote:

Hi Kresley & Gena!

I've been reading the posts and I keep running across the book Untouchable.  Is that one of either of your books?

Deep kiss of winter is the official book title for this release. However to differentiate between both stories, of course they gotta name their work ( gena's and kresley's) Gena's book in deep kiss of winter is titled Tempt Me Eternally whereas kresley's story is titled Untouchable( due to danii's untouchable skin) kapish?

New User
mysteryPhD
0 Kudos

Kresley-Cole wrote:

Psst. Just between me and you and the B&N board: Cara is getting fed up with Michael's global death-defying hijinks. And the last thing Michael should do is tweak a descendant of the Furiae. Let's just say he's been warned and hasn't listened . . . so she's about to teach him a lesson--that might back fire.

Ahah! So Michael knows Cara?? Not just catch-a-glimpse-while-being-saved-from-burning-car-type-knowing but involving actual conversation? I am so running new scenarios in my head right now. *Mwah!*

Wait. How did you get this much out of me, mystery? How?? Royal, noble, virtuous? Said too much . . . must stop . . .

There, there, favourite writer-type person  (hmm, now where did I steal that phrase from?)

Really, don't feel bad, few can resist my wily ways.

Now if you could only feel able to further unburden yourself and tell me how you're going to resolve the Michael/mortal conundrum...

And Libby, Shulzy agreed to undertake a dangerous cookie stealing raid while you were otherwise occupied.

Expect to find your stash cat-burgled.

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Libra, I do capish quite well!  Thank you for the answer.

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

mysteryPhD wrote:

And Libby, Shulzy agreed to undertake a dangerous cookie stealing raid while you were otherwise occupied.

Expect to find your stash cat-burgled.

Nuh uh, I gave her one of my special occasion cookies. No cookies for you, you fairweather friend XO

And you're welcome 1lovealways :smileyvery-happy:

To kc: MOOOREEEEEEEE~~~~~~~~~~~

New User
mysteryPhD
0 Kudos

For "special occasion cookies" read inedible seaweed monstrosities. We're going after the good chocolate laden stuff.

We will not be fobbed off with imitation.

And Shultzy knows I've got her back *said while running fast in the other direction*

Actually, all this talk about cookies has made me curious - KC & Gena - do you have a favourite writing time snack?

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Seaweeds are a great source of vitamins and minerals XO. Actually I did try eating boiled seaweed and jellyfish once while we were eating seafood. It tastes.. squishy :smileysurprised:

what mystery really meant to ask is whether your possum has a favorite snack so she can dangle infront of it to try and get info on cara from the unfortunate marsupial

New User
mysteryPhD
0 Kudos

*nods, nods* Many a detail I've gathered from an observant mole er, possum.

And if there's a snack which makes an author write faster, and we provide truckloads of the stuff, then surely that equals more frequent book publishing? Right? Right. *more nodding*

We could connect KC and Gena up to a snack machine and steal the pages as they come off the printer.

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

mysteryPhD wrote:

*nods, nods* Many a detail I've gathered from an observant mole er, possum.

And if there's a snack which makes an author write faster, and we provide truckloads of the stuff, then surely that equals more frequent book publishing? Right? Right. *more nodding*

We could connect KC and Gena up to a snack machine and steal the pages as they come off the printer.

Or equals gaining pounds , flabby thighs and obesity ~__~, Really mystery! We have to vary our bribes more.

New User
mysteryPhD
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oh please, our girls are gorgeous waif-like goddesses. They can take one for the team in the short-term.

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I don't think any human being can eat one truckfull of cookies and still stay slim :smileyindifferent:

New User
mysteryPhD
0 Kudos

hmmm, I'm seeing a flaw in my master plan. Half a truck? A semi-trailer? Surely a really big box?

Contributor
Lisa_Kroener
0 Kudos

Oh, my oh my, there's so much new (and precious!) information here! Seems to me both series are getting better and better...

I like the Cara-Michael thing. First I was like "Huh? Who's Michael? How come I haven't heard of him?" but then I realized that he was mentioned in The Warlord Wants Forever, but only briefly, in one sentence or two, and so I simply didn't remember his name.

And I'm really looking forward to having the Wroth-brothers big time. They're such incredible characters and I'd love to hear more about them.

And I was wondering about Lanthe and Thronos. I think there's a hint or two that those two had a history even before that day when Thronos sprang from the window. It'll be interesting to read that!

Gena-Showalter wrote:

Strider is one of my faves :smileyhappy:  He is a big time player in Gideon's book, The Darkest Lie, and you'll get to see threads forming for his book.  Amun will probably come after Gideon, but Strider will most likely come after him.

Yeehaw, that's good news indeed! May I make a guess? I think Amun's heroine will be either Taliyah or Kaia. In The Darkest Whisper, when Sabin first trains Gwen and her sisters are present, Amun watches someone very intensively. And since Bianka will be featured in The Darkest Angel, it gotta be one of those two, right? But, well, just a guess!

And I'm so happy that Paris's story doesn't seem tooooo far away in the future (well, yeah, your books are always far away in the future, but at least you can see an end, figuratively speaking). And when you say you've already woven threads of his story in, do you mean in TDW or in Aeron's and Gideon's stories? I'll examine those very closely for any hints, I tell you that! :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Sorry gena, you'll have to excuse mystery and I. We've never been able to stick to one thing really long and mystery here gets distracted really easily. kc's been suffering from our nonsensical and out of topic spam frequently at her forum that we've clotted the topics ceaselessly. If you're wondering whether we're always this annoying and tween like than yes we usually are. We can't help ourselves. It's a disease. Hahah, get it? disease? torin? nevermind... e___e

*bats sister away harriedly* Alright already, I'm asking! My sister next to me*slaps hands away* is asking on more info about aeron's book. Any little small details you'd like to divulge?

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

Thanks so much!!  There's a very good chance Legion will get a story of her own.  You'll see threads for it in The Darkest Passion :smileyhappy:

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

Irenegr -- Thanks so much!!  So wonderful to see you here.  I've been playing with a few ideas for Amun and Strider but so far nothing (an no one) has stuck.  I have a short story and an Alien Huntress novel to write before tackling one of their novels, so hopefully I will know more soon!!

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

MysteryPhD -- coffee is always my snack/drink/drug of choice while writing!

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

LIsa -- the threads for Paris are in Darkest Passion and Darkest Lie :smileyhappy: 

Amun and Kaia probably won't work because Kaia kinda sorta spends a night with Paris.  (that's a tidbit from the upcoming books and that is not to say she's his heroine.  But I totally shouldn't have spilled!  :smileyhappy:  I see what you mean, Kresley -- they're very good at getting the info out of us.  I didn't have a chance of keeping this quiet LOL)