Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

Re: Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter, October 5-9

Libra...you guys crack me up!  

Let's see...let's see...a secret  from Aeron's story.  Well, you know the saying "The devil made me do it?"  In this story, one character can say that and it's actually true.  :smileyhappy:  

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Gena-Showalter wrote:

Let's see...let's see...a secret  from Aeron's story.  Well, you know the saying "The devil made me do it?"  In this story, one character can say that and it's actually true.  :smileyhappy:  

Wow.. that's a great spoiler! Now... if you can just elaborate that into a 3 paragraph description then I'm sure the fans will worship the ground you walk on :smileysurprised:

Oh, another thing. We know that kresley's got a ton of animals. What about you? Any current pets? Or tales of tragedy during childhood when your mother told you that your goldfish went on to the goldfish resort and likes it there too much that it's staying there or the like? I'm imagining something along the lines that your mother buried your pet under the floorboards and you surprised her by knocking the door and suddenly chatting with her. Then your mother started sweating and hearing the thud thud of your pet's heart but you seem oblivious. And when suddenly she couldn't take it anymore she started screaming and confessed that she accidently sat on miss tuffy and snapped her neck in two but then miss tuffy just wouldnt die, its her eye!.

*sigh*

Plagiarism... its no wonder why I can't become a writer XD

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! Great news if you didn't know it already: Kresley and Gena will be chatting live with us tonight at 7:00 p.m. Eastern. Please chime in and bring as many questions as you like... :smileyhappy:

Bethanne

Bethanne wrote:

Welcome, Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter! Your new novel "Deep Kiss of Winter" is bound to bring on many wonderful comments and questions.

KRESLEY COLE is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the vastly popular Immortals After Dark paranormal series. The first IAD novel, A Hunger Like No Other, won the 2007 RITA Award for Best Paranormal Romance, and the most recent installment, Kiss of a Demon King topped the New York Times and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. A master’s grad in English and former competitive athlete, Kresley lives in Florida with her husband and far too many pets.   Visit her website at www.kresleycole.com 

GENA SHOWALTER is the New York Times and national bestselling author of more than twenty novels in a wide-range of genres, including her acclaimed Alien Huntress series for Pocket Books: Awaken Me DarklyEnslave Me SweetlySavor Me Slowly, and Seduce the Darkness.  Her fiction has appeared in Cosmopolitan and Seventeen and has been nominated for a prestigious RITA, as well as the National Reader’s Choice Award.  Visit her website at www.genashowalter.com.

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!

0 Kudos

Gena-Showalter wrote:

LIsa -- the threads for Paris are in Darkest Passion and Darkest Lie :smileyhappy: 

Amun and Kaia probably won't work because Kaia kinda sorta spends a night with Paris.  (that's a tidbit from the upcoming books and that is not to say she's his heroine.  But I totally shouldn't have spilled!  :smileyhappy:  I see what you mean, Kresley -- they're very good at getting the info out of us.  I didn't have a chance of keeping this quiet LOL)

Well, as far as I am concerned, you can spill as much as you like, Gena! Keep doin' that, it's quite a nice character trait to have! :smileywink:

"kinda sorta" spends a night with Paris? How do you do that? Did they or did they not? Now you've got me intrigued...

Hm, I've always hoped for Sienna as Paris's heroine. You know, although she was a "bad girl" (or should I say "bait girl" - haha, stupid pun intended, as always!) I really, really liked her and that story about those two is just the most heartwrenching thing in this series EVER. His suffering is just so ... heartbreaking, I think it's so sweet and beautiful that she's so special to him (helloho, made him hard twice! :smileyhappy: ) and, you know, for him to find his love with some other woman just seems ... wrong to me, somehow, because of all they've been through (and that little tidbit about Sienna  in The Darkest Prison had me wondering how she'll get out of that situation...), together and separated. *sniff*

Oh, just some rambling from my side (I won't coerce you into something, believe me - as if I could, haha!). I only wanted to tell you how I'm feeling...

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Bethanne wrote:

Hi everyone! Great news if you didn't know it already: Kresley and Gena will be chatting live with us tonight at 7:00 p.m. Eastern. Please chime in and bring as many questions as you like... :smileyhappy:

Bethanne

owkay.... I'm confused. So where exactly is this chat taking place? I had the misconception that this was the place. Care to point out which where the chat is?

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

libra_86930 wrote:

Bethanne wrote:

Bethanne

owkay.... I'm confused. So where exactly is this chat taking place? I had the misconception that this was the place. Care to point out which where the chat is?

It takes place right here. Basically it's a series of Q&A with Gena, Kresley and our moderator. Enjoy!

New User
alicethepixie
0 Kudos

Gena Showalter: I just want to thank you sooo much for your books. They are the hardest books to put down!! I first read the nymph king and I read it in a 5 hour sitting, didnt get up once! Amazing! Will there be other books in the Atlantis series after The Vampires Bride?? You are like one of my FAVORITE authors ever and I can't wait to read them all. BTW, what is you favorite book and/or seies that you've written?

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

I have three English bulldogs and they are my babies!  My slobbery, stinky babies.

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

I have big, big plans for Sienna!!  And I can't say whether or not she'll end up with Paris because I don't want to spoil the torturous wait, uh, I mean fun :smileyhappy:   

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

alicethepixie,

Thank you so so much!!  I'm not sure if there will be another Atlantis book (right now nothing is in the works)  But I never say never (unless I do, in fact, say never)  I'd like to write at least one more book in that series to tie all the threads together.  One of my favorite books to write was Tempt Me Eternally (part of Deep Kiss) because of the fun I had with Kresley.  The back and forth between us was a blast!!  A fave story of mine is Seduce the Darkness.  Writing Devyn, the oh, so charming narcissistic 
womanizer was...dreamy :smileyhappy: 

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

It takes place right here. Basically it's a series of Q&A with Gena, Kresley and our moderator. Enjoy!

Ooh... Is that all there is to it? I'm asking, I'm asking. :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, our "live" chat w/Kresley and Gena will start in a few minutes. Basically it's a chance to take Center Stage to real time...as soon as the authors are here, I'll get things started but feel free to jump in with questions and comments at any time!

Bethanne

0 Kudos

Babies are slobberous? ~__~

Ahem, gena...

Bethanne told us to ask as much question as I can so here I go :smileyvery-happy:

-If you have ... I dunno, 1 day to live? what's the most bizarre food that normally you wouldnt even look at, but then you thought "I'm dying! might as well taste it while I have the chance!' then you'd go for it.

- While we're at that... what is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

- And~ what is the most weirdest thing you have personally witnessed

- What type of holiday scenery do you prefer? Beaches and sun? The fresh air mountain? A shopping paradise, Historical places, yada yada.

-How exactly did you and kresley meet thus forming the mischievous and misbehaving duo that we see today,

-What's 4 things you'd like to do before you pop your clogs?

-Growing up, who was your favorite singer. The one you and your friends gush about and you singing holding your hairbrush while pretending to be her/him. Or any dance enactment you and your friends did as a tribute to the now possibly forgotten idol.

- How does an elephant eat a banana? Swallow the skin as well?

Hmm... disjointed and somewhat random questions...

Ah well... this IS a Q&A ( I'll probably get banned after this XD)

lol you don't have to answer the last one.

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

I'm here!!

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

mysteryPhD wrote:

Now if you could only feel able to further unburden yourself and tell me how you're going to resolve the Michael/mortal conundrum...

Already got that one worked out and it's a doozy. :smileywink:

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Good evening ladies, gentlemen, readers, authors! Kresley, Gena, are you there? Let me know if you have any questions about procedure. There really isn't much of one, LOL -- we're thrilled you're here to talk about your latest!

Bethanne

0 Kudos

mysteryPhD wrote:

Actually, all this talk about cookies has made me curious - KC & Gena - do you have a favourite writing time snack?

Chocoloate, french fries, burgers. Power bars, fruit, grapes.

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

So wonderful to be here!!

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

Lisa_Kroener wrote:

And I was wondering about Lanthe and Thronos. I think there's a hint or two that those two had a history even before that day when Thronos sprang from the window. It'll be interesting to read that!

It's true--they do have a history. I've already written that first meet scene--got cut from KDK--but it makes me go awwww every time I reread.

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kresley-Cole wrote:

Already got that one worked out and it's a doozy. :smileywink:

You do realize that by saying you've already worked out the michael/mortal conundrum, it can be construed by crazy fans( me! me!) that you've confirmed that michael will have an immortal love interest a.k.a Cara.
Mystery!! she admitted it! Jot that down quickly. :smileyvery-happy: