Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter, October 5-9

[ Edited ]

Welcome, Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter! Your new novel "Deep Kiss of Winter" is bound to bring on many wonderful comments and questions.

KRESLEY COLE is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the vastly popular Immortals After Dark paranormal series. The first IAD novel, A Hunger Like No Other, won the 2007 RITA Award for Best Paranormal Romance, and the most recent installment, Kiss of a Demon King topped the New York Times and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. A master’s grad in English and former competitive athlete, Kresley lives in Florida with her husband and far too many pets.   Visit her website at www.kresleycole.com 

GENA SHOWALTER is the New York Times and national bestselling author of more than twenty novels in a wide-range of genres, including her acclaimed Alien Huntress series for Pocket Books: Awaken Me DarklyEnslave Me SweetlySavor Me Slowly, and Seduce the Darkness.  Her fiction has appeared in Cosmopolitan and Seventeen and has been nominated for a prestigious RITA, as well as the National Reader’s Choice Award.  Visit her website at www.genashowalter.com.

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!

0 Kudos

Re: Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter, October 5-9

Hi Kresley & Gina! 

I hope I'm doing this right.  It said post your questions.  So here goes.  First let me say it's nice to converse with you both via the Internet.  I'm thrilled!  I know I'm going to love your book.  This question is for Kresley.  Are you going to write a book for either Nix or Regin?  I just love these two characters and am looking forward to their books,  hopefully.  Thanks!  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

1lovealways wrote:

Hi Kresley & Gina! 

I hope I'm doing this right.  It said post your questions.  So here goes.  First let me say it's nice to converse with you both via the Internet.  I'm thrilled!  I know I'm going to love your book.  This question is for Kresley.  Are you going to write a book for either Nix or Regin?  I just love these two characters and am looking forward to their books,  hopefully.  Thanks!  :smileyhappy:

She did I think confirm that nix'll get her own book( we're rooting for lothaire as her HEA) and regin's story is part of the 2010 trilogy of IAD lined up for (duh) next year ( pleasure of a dark prince is not part of the trilogy I think) XD. So far, only regin's story is confirmed as part of the trilogy. The other 2 characters are still a mystery ( or maybe its all regin in all three which I don't think will happen O___O) Actually.. a lot of spoilers and little things have been revealed by the goddess of IAD in her forum. There's a lot of tidbits there that'd make you drool. Including info on the *cough* final story of IAD ( Yess!!! She's plotting it as we speak )

The highlights page are great for infos.

Huh...  what question do I want to ask kresley? Well... since I hounded her from the forum and already posted my question there and since I'm bound to miss the live chat ...... uh... what's my question....

What the heck, how soon can we get to see more of Cara and Michael and their story ? how many books in the future till theirs ? O___________O ( I have complete faith that that's the pairing for her so don't prove me and all of michael's fangirls wrong. :smileywink: ) Oh yeah... on your twitter pics there were pictures of cats. I thought you only had dogs O_o or were those cat looking dogs? hahah..... lame.... I know...

*waves to kresley , gena and all kc's forumers* Oh, hi to brooke, adh and leehyatt too if you're reading!:smileyhappy:

Contributor
Lisa_Kroener
0 Kudos

Hi Gena and Kresley, so cool to have you both here.

It's actually quite the current topic since I'm finally reading the IAD-series at the moment (just finished "Wicked Deeds On A Winter's Night" and will be going on tomorrow!) and I'm really, really enjoying it. I love the mythology and the characters so verrrrra much and I could read on and on and on...

And LOTU is just my favourite series EVAH (truly, believe me, I always post these books when something about favs is asked!) and the books can't be out fast enough.

I think it's so cool that you two wrote a dualogy. With my current IAD-addiction I'm especially excited about Murdoch and Danii's story, but I'm curious because of Aleaha's story, as well.

Hm, I somehow thought that maybe there'd be some kind of crossover book (one that the two of you wrote together) because I thought maybe the fact that Torin got extremely hot for Nïx in The Darkest Whisper was somehow important or a hint (and I heard that the lords are mentioned in later IAD-books, but, you see, I'm only at #3 at the moment, so I haven't read that yet)...

Oh, I don't want to read a final IAD-book. That means this fabulous series is ending and that's just so sad... :smileysad: But believe me, I'll still be reading it, and if only to know how the Accession will end... :smileywink:

~LisaK

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Lisa_Kroener wrote:

Oh, I don't want to read a final IAD-book. That means this fabulous series is ending and that's just so sad... :smileysad: But believe me, I'll still be reading it, and if only to know how the Accession will end... :smileywink:

~LisaK

ah.. even though the final book pairing has been revealed by kresley, I don't think it'd end that soon. She has way many characters to write about before the end :smileyhappy: but then I really wanna read the last one coz the leads are reaaallly reaaaally suspenseful how  the HEA is going to go. Seems like an impossibillity and yet I wanna see how the hero wiggles it out :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, here's a fun set of answers to our Center Stage questionnaire from Gena Showalter:

1.  Tell us about how your new novel fits in with OR stands out from your body of work/previous work.  My story, Tempt Me Eternally, part of Deep Kiss of Winter with the amazing Kresley Cole, is the next tale in my dark and sexy Alien Huntress series and features an iron-fisted warlord hungry for pleasure, and the one woman who would deny him.  Most of my novels seem to have people with extraordinary abilities, and this one is no different.  The heroine, Aleaha Love, can shapeshift to look like any one or thing.   (If I had a superpower, that's the one I'd want!)  

2. What's the most interesting thing a reader has ever asked you?  
I love when readers ask for specifics about characters, their lives, their futures, as if the characters are as real to them as they are to me.

3. What's the one thing no one has ever asked you that you are dying to make known?  
You've stumped me with this one!  Readers are pretty fearless with their questions, and I've been asked everything you can imagine.  

4. Whose books would you like to have written if not your own?  
All of Kresley Cole's, no doubt about it.  That woman is Brilliance Walking.  Or rather, Writing.  Her stories are dark and sizzling with the perfect amount of humor.  Her heroes are strong and fearless, and her heroines even more so.  Love it!

5. If you weren't a writer, you'd be?  
 I'd be a sobbing ball of perpetual sadness.

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!

0 Kudos

Hi Bethane,

Thanks for having us! I'm delighted to be here--and ready to answer some questions [slapping and rubbing hands together].  :smileyhappy:

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

Hi 1lovealways,

Thanks for the question! Yep, you bet, Regin and Nix will definitely be getting their own stories. Nix will come later in the series because she still has a lot of work to do with the Accession--but she'll absolutely get her own book.

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

She did I think confirm that nix'll get her own book( we're rooting for lothaire as her HEA)

Hiya Libra!

Nixie and Lothaire? You know I'll never tell!

how soon can we get to see more of Cara and Michael and their story ? how many books in the future till theirs ? ( I have complete faith that that's the pairing for her so don't prove me and all of michael's fangirls wrong. :smileywink: )

Cara's story is probably at least three books away--sorry! Am confirming nothing about future pairings :smileysurprised: I always get myself into trouble that way!

Oh yeah... on your twitter pics there were pictures of cats. I thought you only had dogs O_o or were those cat looking dogs? hahah..... lame.... I know...

*waves to kresley , gena and all kc's forumers* Oh, hi to brooke, adh and leehyatt too if you're reading!:smileyhappy:

We've got dogs, cats, possums that don't understand they're wild, you name it!

Am also sending my greetings to any Loreans that come by!

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

Hi LisaK,

Wonderful to be here! And am so delighted you're enjoying the IAD and Wicked Deeds!

Isn't the LOTU incredible?? Torin is one of my favorite Lords--I want to be the one to cure him :smileywink:

Author
Kresley-Cole
0 Kudos

1.  Tell us about how your new novel fits in with OR stands out from your body of work/previous work.  My story, Tempt Me Eternally, part of Deep Kiss of Winter with the amazing Kresley Cole, is the next tale in my dark and sexy Alien Huntress series and features an iron-fisted warlord hungry for pleasure, and the one woman who would deny him.  Most of my novels seem to have people with extraordinary abilities, and this one is no different.  The heroine, Aleaha Love, can shapeshift to look like any one or thing.   (If I had a superpower, that's the one I'd want!)  

Gena's story in Deep Kiss is so fantastic! So happy to be her book roomie :smileyvery-happy:

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

Hey everyone!  So so wonderful to be here!!

And thank you so much, Lisa!!  You just made my day.

Guys, I'm always begging Kresley for Immortals After Dark secrets.  (Kresley, stop reading)  As soon as I learn something, I will share!  (Kresley, start reading again) It's the best series in the world!!  And just wait until Untouchable, guys...shiver!!  

Author
Gena-Showalter
0 Kudos

I feel the same way!  I loved loved loved working with Kresley.  This book has been one of my favorite experiences evah.

New User
zgarza01
0 Kudos

How much longer do I have to wait for Nix and Torin's story?:womansad:

She would be the only one able to touch him.

Please tell me its in 2010.

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

Ooh wait, I have further questions for kc!

we know that the trilogy will feature regin. That's one character. So who are the other 2? I know you can't mention the pairing , but can you name the main character? Also, after untouchable, will we get to see more of the wroth brothers or will they be just small cameos(crosses fingers for conrad) ?

oh, and hi again , lol. Gena, my sister loves your books. Too bad she missed her change to ask you questions bwahahah!! . I sound like the evil older sister :smileyvery-happy: . I converted her to reading the romance genre particularly kresley cole since she is one of my favorite authors.It's something along the lines of ' read or die, sister( cue cocking a shotgun)' lol there I go again abusing my older sister badge

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Hi Kresley & Gena!

I just want you guys to know that you're killing me in a good way with these fantastic books!  Gena I've just ordered you LOTU series.  I can't wait to get started!  I've read samples or all four of them.  The mailman can't get here fast enough!   And I have all of your other books on My Wish List!

Kresley, I'm on book three of your IAD series, so I'm lost when I see the names Lothaire, Torin, Cara & Michael?  Am I getting close to reading about these characters or am I stone cold still?  I've ordered two of yours in the IAD Kresley and have more on My Wish List as well!  Gotta tell you Kresley, I love Bowe!  It's that Scottish brogue.  It's like I can hear him speaking it!  Are any more of the Lykae going to be heroes?  I love them!  I love the vampires, witches, the Valkyrie!  Heck I love them all! 

You guys are fantastic writers!  Keep the good books coming, cause I'm definitely going to keep on reading!!! :smileyhappy:

New User
ececilia
0 Kudos

Hi there!

First of all, thank you so much for doing this, both Gena and Kresley; I love your work! :smileywink:

About the IAD, I was wondering if we will have to wait long before we get our hands on Lanthe and Thronos? I had some other questions too about other characters but most have already been answered... and I'd very much like to know about this particular couple.

New User
Alyss
0 Kudos

Hi Gena and Kresley!!!

I just wanted to say thank you both so much for creating such AMAZING series. I have Deep Kiss of Winter pre-ordered and I have to say that next week cannot come soon enough! I also think that I will probably forgo my work just to read it the day it comes in.

I have a few questions: First for Gena, is it possible that Dallas will have his own book? I'm dying to know more about him and he is one of my favorite characters of the series! Then for Kresley, I absolutely loved Melanthe, will she return later in the series?

Thanks!!!

Frequent Contributor
libra_86930
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

1lovealways wrote:

Kresley, I'm on book three of your IAD series, so I'm lost when I see the names Lothaire, Torin, Cara & Michael?  Am I getting close to reading about these characters or am I stone cold still?

lothaire first appeared on book 2 a hunger like no other. He's the one who skulked in the shadows giving a signal for annika to shush about his presence when the vemon and ivo attacked valhall. Also, he held back the horde from attacking lachlain after he killed ivo ( is that considered a spoiler? since I'm sure most of you guys asking kc questions would've at least read ahlno O-o) He also plays a signifcant role in rydstrom's book Kiss of a demon king. He is known as lothaire, enemy of the old. A horde vampire who has white hair and pink eyes instead of red indicating him to be very ancient. Also, he enjoys to kill and is if not slightly then definitely not sane. Torin is a character from  gena showalter's series lords of the underworld series and nix from the immortals after dark series recently made a special cameo appearance in the LOTU series. And cara is furie's twin sister. Furie being the valkyrie's queen. Her task is to be the guardian angel to a very noble and ancient lineage of humans. Michael is the current... well not head... one of her current charges. He loves extreme sports and tires cara who is trying to keep him from getting himself killed while keeping her presence a secret. He is mentioned in  warlord wants forever( nikolai and myst's story) in the novella playing easy to get. Warlord wants forever is actually the beginning of the immortals after dark series. Lately Cara suspects that michael purposely does dangerous things to draw her out. Wouldn't that be a great premise for a story? *bats eyelashes at kresley* And as kresley answered my query at the top just now, we wont be seeing cara's story for at least 3 more books( which basically means cara is not part of the trilogy lined up for 2010 , sad to say >.< )

As for the question of are any more of the Lykae going to be heroes? The answer would be yes and really soon. Garreth (lachlain's brother) and lucia's story, Pleasures of a dark prince will be out on february 2010. The cover has already been revealed and it's pink ..... At least kresley mentioned that that's not the definite color yet.

Hope you don't mind me answering, 1lovealways.

Pheww....

Sheesh... when did I became kresley cole's unpaid PA.

No, NO!!!! I'm kidding!!! Don't put me on permanent blacklist from your book titles on bookstores!!!

XDD

Mysssssssssssterrrrryyyy~~~~~~~~~~ Shuuuuuuuuulz~~~ where are you~~. Why am I the only one here?  >_>

Contributor
PrincessBumblebee
0 Kudos

Hey, everyone! A big wave to Kresley! I just ADORE your books and absolutely can't wait until Deep Kiss comes out! I'm currently rereading them to keep up on all of the fun, hehe. Oh, and Lothaire, can't wait for his book. I always visit your forum to check out the new happenings, hehe. and anyone who hasn't seen the new cover for 'Pleasure of a Dark Prince" has to check it out. I am soooo jealous of Lucia, hehe.As usual, I know they will all be fantabulous, hehe!

libra, you did a great job explaining! Maybe Kresley needs another assistant, hehe