Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Sherrilyn Kenyon, August 10-14

Welcome to Center Stage, Sherrilyn Kenyon! We're delighted to have you here and can't wait to discuss Bad Moon Rising and your other books, too.

#1 New York Times bestselling author, Sherrilyn Kenyon lives life of extraordinary danger... as does any woman with three sons, a husband, menagerie of pets and a collection of swords that all of the above have a major fixation with. But when not running interference (or dashing off to the emergency room), she's found chained to her computer where she likes to play with all her imaginary friends. With more than seventeen million copies of her
books in print, in over thirty countries, she certainly has a lot of friends to play with too.

Writing as Kinley MacGregor and Sherrilyn Kenyon, she is an international phenomenon and one of the founding authors of the current paranormal craze (her first paranormal novel was published in 1994). She's the author of several series including: The Dark-Hunters, The League, Brotherhood of the Sword, Lords of Avalon and the forthcoming Nevermore and Chronicles of Nick. Her Lords of Avalon novels have been adapted by Marvel and her Dark-Hunter novels are now manga published by St. Martins.

Her books always appear at the top of the New York Times, Publisher's Weekly and USA Today lists.

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!

0 Kudos

Re: Sherrilyn Kenyon, August 10-14

Hi Bethanne - It's Anne B here - I'm a big Sherrilyn fan - The Dark Hunter series were the first books that I just HAD to save and reread! Even now, I guard them and I keep track if anyone wants to borrow them!

Sherrilyn - I just finished Bad Moon Rising and other that Acheron, was this one of the only times that a DH book has spanned so much time? In the past few books, we knew that there was a "thing" between Aimee and Fang, but this has made everything clear. I had almost forgotten that Fang "disappeared " for a while. Back when you were writing the other books, did you already have this book in the back of your mind?  Keep up the good work ?

Anne B

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Hi Sherrilyn,

Thanks for being here! This question comes from one of our Facebook fans.

Ally Perkins asks: What inspired you to create Acheron? Are any of the characters based off of real people that you know?

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Happy Monday, Center Stage visitors -- I hope everyone had a great weekend, and I hope that Sherrilyn's readers got the chance to snag a copy of Bad Moon Rising and enjoy a wonderful read.

Sherrilyn, we're so glad you're with us at Center Stage this week. I wanted to ask something right away: Your books are listed "in reading order" on your bibliography page in this new novel. If someone is a new reader, will they be able to pick up Bad Moon Rising and enjoy it? 

Bethanne 

0 Kudos

Im a HUGE Sherrilyn Kenyon fan and if i got to speak with her the only question i would ask would be... what was her inspiration in writing all of her books and I'm a big reader and i can use some book recommendations so what books do you recommend i read.
Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Hi, Sherri!  Congrats on "Bad Moon Rising!" Super title, btw. 

Over on BN.com's Romantic Reads boards, a viewer, dark_revival wrote something really interesting about "Acheron,"that she loved the book and: "...felt sorry for Artemis, even though she's a total cad."

I wondered whether you could talk a little about why you have so much empathy even for your most evil characters? 

-- Michelle (Heart to Heart --H2H -- BN.com's new all-romance blog!) Check out "Were the Boys Are," a BN.com exclusive Sherri K "Bad Moon Rising"interview!

New User
MsLowmansEssentials
0 Kudos

I love your books...I just started the series a short time ago and have to say the characters and plots are facsincating. Out of all of your characters & books, I love Acheron,now did you come up with his character, he is just the best hero I have ever read about.

Thanks,

Sharonda

New User
Mayura
0 Kudos

Hello, Sherrilyn. Like everyone else here, I'm another huge fan of your work. Out of all the characters you've created, who do you think would be your favorite(s)? And which Dark-Hunter novel have you enjoyed writing the most?
New User
AnitaDulinski1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello one, hello all. Official Dark Hunter Fan right here....

I found that Bad Moon Rising had a few scenes that were repeated but as a writer myself, I understand its in there to help us understand how the main characters become how they become. The only reason I know they are repeated is because my main page is www.SherrilynKenyon.com . (btw, Sherri, love the new site. Moi Perfecto!) Over all, though, I found BMR to be a thriller from beginning to end. I can't wait for the next book to be added to my collection.

I would like to ask Sherri when and if there is going to be a single Nick story. I know there is going to be the whole Chronicles of Nick series but that was just a question that has ran through my mind for several weeks now. Nick is one of my favorites even if he is being a bad boy right now.

...And to all, Happy Hunting.

Message Edited by AnitaDulinski1 on 08-11-2009 08:49 AM
New User
jagawlik
0 Kudos

Sherrilyn - I have truly enjoyed every one of your Dark-Hunter books. I was hooked from book one. I'm almost done with Archeron and I must say that Archeron story is filled with such heartache but also up lifting to me. This book is my favorite by far. Thank you for all you give to our imaginations and please keep the DH book coming.
Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Greetings, all; great to see your questions and comments for Sherrilyn here. I know she'll be happy to get to them soon.

Sherrilyn, I have another question of my own for you. As I've been reading, I've been impressed by your knowledge of animal behavior. How did you learn so much about it? Was it something you knew about before you began writing, or did you do research as you went along? It must be a real challenge to incorporate real instincts and behaviors with Katagarian and Arcadian traits.

Thanks!

Bethanne 

0 Kudos

Hi Sherrilyn!

I am a long time fan of all your series, but my true love is vampires, so I have to say the Dark Hunters are my favorites!  I just finished Bad Moon Rising, and it was awesome.  I love Fang and his brothers, so it was great to go back and get some detail on why Fang was the way he was.  He's multi-faceted (maybe not as much as Ash, though).

Anyway, my question: Why was this book called a Dark Hunter novel instead of a Were-Hunter novel?  I'm moving, so all my other books are boxed up, so I could not compare, but I thought each one was specifically subtitled with the type of Hunter the book was about.

One other thing - thank you for being so available to your readers and other aspiring authors. 

New User
AngieCKS
0 Kudos

Hi Sherrilyn,

I absolutely love the DH series. When I finished reading every book there was I was extremely sad that I had to wait for your next book to come out so I could read more. I love the way you create a world that readers are drawn into. I forget that these are fictional characters while I'm reading.

When you created your Dark Hunter world did you sit down and outline the different parts of that world or did it come to you as you were writing your books? I'm trying to write my first book and did not outline it at first. I'm in the middle and outlining my characters.

How do you begin your books? Outline or start the writing of it?

Angie

New User
SandiBNY
0 Kudos

Hi Sherrilyn!

I am a long time fan, Kenyon Minion and aspiring author. I have had the pleasure of meeting you at the last two NY Comicons and I have to say you are an aboslutely wonderful person. The title of Author Goddess does not do you justice. I could only hope to aspire to your level of writing.

My question is how long do we have to wait for the Jersey Boy to get his book? Otto is my favorite Squire and I know you just can't let him hang like this.  You hinted once before that he will get one eventually. I just was curious as to how long that wait would be.

Thank you for letting us into your world. I can't wait for your next book in September.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sherrilyn will be logging in and answering your questions tonight, so stop back, or fire off some more questions in the mean time if you have them. Thanks!

Paul

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Anne B,

I've always had Fang and Aimee's story in the back of my mind. It's a story near and dear to my heart and I'm proud to share it with you and the rest of my fans.

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Aww thanks, Anne :smileyhappy: They are the two with the longest span to date :smileyhappy: And yes, I knew from the beginning what was going on with Fang and Aimee. One of the reasons it was all mostly off scene was so that it wouldn't be redundant when the book came out.
Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

No, the people I know just aren't that interesting LOL. Seriously though, Acheron was always there basically as he is now. The only difference was that in the beginning short stories I wrote, he was a bad guy. 

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Hi Bethanne, I'm glad to be here. The feedback from the people who are new fans who started with the book is definitely yet. I write each book keeping in mind that someone will pick it up who doesn't know the history of the characters and series so any book is an entry point. Of course if you read them in order, you will see the build up to critical events and will get the inside jokes that are spread through the books.
Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Aww thanks sweeeite.

There are actually only three very critical scenes that are repeated from books that were published years ago and they're from a different point of view than from what was shown before-- they fill in details that only I knew up until now and help the readers understand what else was happening during those crucial events around other characters. Had they not been included, new readers would have had no idea how Fang and Vane were thrown out of their pack and why Fang didn't run to his brother to embrace him when he awoke from his "coma" :smileyhappy: It also serves as a refresher for readers who were there from the beginning, but who haven't read the books since they were published in 2003 :smileyhappy:

As for Nick, he will eventually have his own book, but not until the CON are finished.