Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Re: Sherrilyn Kenyon, August 10-14

Hi Bethanne,

It was some of both. I love animals and have a menagerie around me at all times. I've done quite a few studies on both human and animal behavior for academic papers, but did have to look up some of the specifics for some of the species such as the bears.

Contributor
WestM
0 Kudos

Hi Sherrilyn,

I just wanted to drop in and say how much I loved "Bad Moon Rising." I've been waiting (fairly impatiently) for Fang and Amy's book since I read "Night Play" (my personal favorite of your books), and I have to say, it did not disappoint. It was fantastic to see events we thought we understood from a different perspective, and to see what was really going on (i.e. Fang's "coma").

I did have one question for you- did you always plan for the Dark/Dream/Were-Hunter world to become so expansive, or is it a way to keep things fresh in such a long-running series? I'll admit, I nearly cried when you introduced more demon species (and their hunters). I've been having enough trouble keeping everyone straight before this.

New User
Nicole01
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello S.K.

Huge Fan!!! I love all the hunters especially the weres!

I was wondering if any of the Peltiers beside Aimee & Dev would have a book?  And will Apollymi ever have a book?

Message Edited by Nicole01 on 08-11-2009 05:16 PM
New User
SybryteTigress
0 Kudos

Hey Sherri,

I wanted to ask questions when I saw you at Foxwoods on Sunday but I didn't read the book until the day after.  My question is, was what happened with Mama and Papa Lo planned (don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read BMR yet) or was that one of those times where you had no control over what your characters do?  Can't wait for the next book. 

Liria

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Hi everyone; it's so great that Sherrilyn is here. Who has already read/finished Bad Moon Rising? Show of hands?

Bethanne 

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!

0 Kudos

Nicole01 wrote:

Hello S.K.

Huge Fan!!! I love all the hunters especially the weres!

I was wondering if any of the Peltiers beside Aimee & Dev would have a book?  And will Apollymi ever have a book?

Message Edited by Nicole01 on 08-11-2009 05:16 PM

Nicole01, great question. I was quite taken by the Peltier clan, and would love to know more about "Maman."
Bethanne 

0 Kudos

Hi Sherrilyn,

I just finished reading Bad Moon Rising over the weekend and I really enjoyed it.  I was a little disappointed that it was a short book for a hardcover, hopefully the reason is because you are not done with Fang and Aimee and we get to read more of them in future Dark Hunter books.

I'm also curious to know after reading Kinley MacGregor's The Warrior, will there be any Dark Hunter and Brotherhood of the Sword crossovers?

I can't wait for the next books and keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Aud

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Bethanne - AnneB here - I have!!! *hand waving frantically in the air* - I really loved BMR and I've tried to think which of Sherrilyn's books I like the best.....I guess Acheron. I think that it had the most "meat" to it  - I guess I like looooong stories, but since we've known Ash for so long, it was good to know so much more about him as well as to see him finally find "the one" !!! 

Sherrilyn - How long does it take you to research a book, or does it happen as you are writing others??

Thanks, Anne

New User
effi
0 Kudos

Loved the book , Thanks for the many hour or great reading.

My question is are there going to be books for Jaden and Jared and most of all the were god sab.

New User
effi
0 Kudos

Sorry Ment Savitar really would love to see him come to life and maybe even have somothing better to do other then surffing
New User
Aannaeyalia
0 Kudos

Hi Sherrily,

Just wanted to tell you thanks for taking me to a world I wish I was in.  After reading Anne Rice, I couldn't find an author that I loved so much as her but then I found you.  Keep up the great work with this.  Can't to find out about Jaden, Jared, Savitar, and whats going to happen with Nick and he new found "self."

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

Hi Bethanne - AnneB here - I have!!! *hand waving frantically in the air* - I really loved BMR and I've tried to think which of Sherrilyn's books I like the best.....I guess Acheron. I think that it had the most "meat" to it  - I guess I like looooong stories, but since we've known Ash for so long, it was good to know so much more about him as well as to see him finally find "the one" !!! 

Sherrilyn - How long does it take you to research a book, or does it happen as you are writing others??

Thanks, Anne

Hi AnneB! I'll definitely be reading Acheron after reading Bad Moon Rising, so glad to know it's you're favorite. Great question for Sherrilyn.
Bethanne 

0 Kudos

Aud_Duk wrote:

Hi Sherrilyn,

I just finished reading Bad Moon Rising over the weekend and I really enjoyed it.  I was a little disappointed that it was a short book for a hardcover, hopefully the reason is because you are not done with Fang and Aimee and we get to read more of them in future Dark Hunter books.

I'm also curious to know after reading Kinley MacGregor's The Warrior, will there be any Dark Hunter and Brotherhood of the Sword crossovers?

I can't wait for the next books and keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Aud

Hi Aud Duk, glad you joined us. It seems as if everyone wants MORE books from Sherrilyn -- awesome!
Sherrilyn, my question from that observation: Do you have a certain number of books planned?
Bethanne 

0 Kudos

Nicole01,

Anyone of the Dark-Hunter characters has the potential for their own book. Especially the quads. It just depends on which characters are speaking to me at the time. Yes, as crazy as it sounds, I follow the voice in my head.

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Liria,

Without giving away too much for those who have yet to read BMR, the answer is YES. It was planned.

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Effi,

There will be books for Jaden, Jared, and Savitar. They are a little further down the road for the series. The characters talk to me entirely too much not to have their own journey told. 

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Aud,

I don't have a certain number of books planned. I haven't even counted the number of books I have published. I'm entirely too superstitious! Within the series, however, I have 4 series arcs. The first one ended with Acheron, so as you can tell, there will be many more books to come.

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Ally,

Acheron came to me many years ago while sitting in one of my classes. While none of my characters are based on people I know, I feel as if I've known Ash my entire life.

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Michelle,

I think I have so much empathy for them because like us, they are people. They have faults and setbacks in their lives the same as we do. There have a  rhyme and reason for being evil. If we dig deep enough, we can find their redeeming quality. 

New User
AyeletLouise
0 Kudos

Hello,

I love, love, love the Dark Hunter Series.  Thank you for writing them.  True Blood has been very successful moving to the TV screen.  Do you think the Dark Hunters will make it to cable TV too?  The Dark Hunter world is a very compelling world that I think would translate well to the screen.  And, think of the fun you will have casting all of the characters.

Thanks!

Ayelet Louise