Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Jacs1
0 Kudos

Re: Sherrilyn Kenyon, August 10-14

Sherri! BIG HUGE CONGRATS on hitting #1 on the NYT bestseller's list for the 7th (or is it 8??) time in a row! WHOO HOO!! You so deserve it. BMR was a great read :smileyhappy:. Kenyon Minions rock!

*waves hi to Marie* Man I wish I were going to D*Con, just so I can hiss and boo Artie :smileysurprised:

New User
Jacs1
0 Kudos

WendyWP wrote:

Hi Sherrilyn,

As with the others I Have LOVED your work for many years now. One of my favorite books of all time will always be BORN IN SIN written under your Kinley MacGregor

Wendy - Born In Sin is one of my fave Kinley MacGregor books too. I just adored Sin and Callie :smileyhappy:

New User
jagawlik
0 Kudos

I finished Archeron and WOW! LOVED it. Archeron was by far the best book. I look forward to reading BMR and all future DH books.

Thank you Sherrrilyn.

Contributor
voodoogoddess
0 Kudos

Hey Jacsy!! I wish you were coming to D*Con too. Artie Rules!!!! :smileytongue:

Sherri, Congrats on BMR hitting #1, YOU ROCK!!

Hugs,

Marie

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

April, I'm glad you enjoyed Dance with the Devil!

To answer your question, as with any of my books, you don't have to read them in order. They each have their own story that falls in line with the Dark-Hunter series. If you'd like to read them in order, though, you certainly can. The correct reading order can be found on my website http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Jacs,

Sorry to hear you cried in BMR, but I am grateful you enjoyed it so much.  The release date for the Dark-Hunters Vol. 2 is May 1, 2010. We're anxious for the fans to get vol. 2, because they fans have emailed us so much letting us know how much they loved the first one and can't wait for the second.

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

BethAnne,

There are no plans to bring Satara back as a ghost, but you never know! If she decides to come back, we'll let her make an appearance. :smileywink:

Beth is a lovely name. 

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Sherrilyn-Kenyon wrote:

BethAnne,

There are no plans to bring Satara back as a ghost, but you never know! If she decides to come back, we'll let her make an appearance. :smileywink:

Beth is a lovely name. 

Awww, you're so nice.
Congrats!!! on your NYT list spot. I hope you are celebrating.
Bethanne 

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!

0 Kudos

Hello Janice,

*waves to Utah* The next Dark-Hunter is Dev Peltier's story. It's tentatively titled Scars and Souvenirs. It's scheduled for August 4, 2010.

Here's some information on it.

Lycanthrope Dev Peltier thought he knew it all. But one night when not just a Dark-Hunter, but an official member of the Dogs of War sashays into his bar, he realizes that he might have met his match.

Sam was one the fiercest Amazon warrior in her tribe. But when an act of brutal betrayal made her a Dark-Hunter, she's been pissed ever since.

Life fast, fight hard and enjoy the night. That's her credo. But as old enemies and new move into New Orleans, she realizes that Dev just might be the only hope she and mankind have to save the world.

Thanks for asking!

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Hey Sweetie,

You should be able to purchase the books online at any bookstore--like Barnes and Noble where we are now. If you have any trouble finding them, please email my assistant, Kim at officialdh@gmail.com and she'll be happy to help you.

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Hey Wendy,

I absolutely adore my fans. I wouldn't be where I am without them. It's nothing to give time to those who travel and make daycare arrangements, etc. to come and meet me. I love meeting the readers.

The only thing I could ask of my fans is just to keep loving the series. That's the most important thing to me.

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

While there has been some Hollywood interest in the Dark-Hunters, we don't have a deal at the present time. I promise when it happens, I'll be the first shout it from the rooftops. lol Actually, I really want a producer and director that share my vision. The fans deserve to see the characters they know and love when the time comes.

Have I ever thought of who would play characters? Most people already know that I've thought of Travis Fimmel as Acheron for a while now. However, the others I haven't really casted yet.

Thank you for your question.

Author
Sherrilyn-Kenyon
0 Kudos

Thank you for the congrats! It's excited everytime I see it. I'm just amazed at what the fans have done for the series. That's the 7th number 1's for the series and I'm humbled every time the list comes out.

You guys are the best!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I pulled a couple of your books out of my TBR pile -- time to catch up on your latest!
New User
BeccaSnow
0 Kudos

This isn't really a question, but since I cannot remeber my forum loggin for the dark hunter web site I thought I would put this here. 

When I read about Mama Lo and Papa Bear Peltier near the end of the book I balled my eyes out.  This was definitly one of the best in the series.  I love how we saw what was going on with Fang and Aimee all throughout the background of Vane, Wren, Fang, Talon, and others books. 

New User
WhitneyS
0 Kudos

Sherri congrats on the #1!! I loved the book and I bow to your amazing ability to provide the POVs in the stories! I was so mad at Mama Lo after Wren's book but completely turned around after BMR that I was so sad for what happened to her. Thank you for such an engaging story!

~Whitney 

P.S. can't wait for KCON :smileywink:

New User
Nicole01
0 Kudos

Hello *waves*

Congrats on being number uno again. I have another question about the Peltier clan. I read that we will be introduced to some of the Peltier grandchildren in the Chronicles of Nick. I read BMR and we saw some there but I was wondering if we will get to see more interaction with them in Dev's book or any other were-hunter's book.  

New User
JDWA
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Center Stage/About Center Stage Sherrilyn Kenyon

When you switch to hardbacks books, 1) why is it so far into the series? 2) why dose it take so long for the paperback to come out. 3) are your earlier books going to come out in hardback also?

The reason I ask is that I'm collecting your books (dark-hunter paperbacks) and when it switched to hardback it threw my collection off. I like the paperbacks (actually prefer them) and now I have to wait so long for the new book to go to paperback. Thank you and I love your books  :smileyhappy:

jlight@hotmail.com

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Happy Friday, everyone! I just want to remind you that there's still time to chat with Sherrilyn today. Keep sending those questions and comments along; while Friday is the final official day of Center Stage, our authors try to answer all questions left by the end of the day.

This has been a great group and a great discussion. We really appreciate your stopping by, and hope you'll check out some of our other Center Stage authors coming up. Just in case you don't already know, we've got some terrific book groups with ongoing discussions, including fiction, women's fiction, paranormal, and romance.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and lots of great books lined up...

Bethanne 

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!

0 Kudos

Hey JDWA, I know exactly how you feel. When Dark Side of the Moon came out in Hardcover I thought I would cry because I couldn't wait to read it. It was so bad that when Devil May Cry came out, I gave in and switched just so I wouldn't have to wait so long. The average wait time, if I'm not mistaken is 6 months. That's a long time to wait for Sherri's books :-D Liria