Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
amgi3909
0 Kudos

Re: Sherrilyn Kenyon, August 10-14

Hi this is for sherrilyn I have just started your dark hunter series and I am confussed a bit. I just got done with dance with the devil and wanted to get the next book kiss of the night but could not find it. so I found unleash the night. Would it mess me up to read the books out of order. Can you tell me what order they should be in and if it makes a different the order. I mean I also got acheron book and i really want to read that to but i don't want to mess anything up regarding the plots. I have been on your web site confussed can you help me out.

thanks April

New User
Jacs1
0 Kudos

*Thanks Bethanne for hosting Sherri this week :smileyhappy:*

Hey Babe! *waves at Sherri* Glad you made it home safe and sound!

First off. You suck for making me cry so much during BMR. From the time you showed us Anya's death from Fang's POV until the end I think I used a box of kleenex. I'm sure you must have stock in that company! :smileywink:

You know what I thought of BMR. But in case you need reminding: I. Loved. It. :smileyhappy:

Fave new character: Toss up between Thorn and Zeke. Both were very intriguing

Hottest scene IMHO: Chapter 16 - That shaving scene. Hawt.

Most romantic scene: Chapter 21 - When they danced. I really felt like I was intruding on their privacy (more so than their lovemaking scenes lol!)

Most devastating line (again IMHO): I am so broken. (Poor Aimee!)

I just heard your baby bro's song for Fang and Aimee (fantastic btw) but I'm curious...what other songs were on the BMR playlist as you wrote? How do you pick the tunes that inspire you?

New User
Jacs1
0 Kudos

Sherri forgot to mention that you broke my manga cherry with the DH Manga. *lol* Man it was so confusing trying to read it at first but I got the hang of it eventually. The artwork was gorgeous and the story made me want to re-read Night Pleasures again. Looking forward to Vol 2. When is that coming out again?

Oh and really looking forward to Chronicles of Nick. It will be bittersweet not just reading how Nick Gautier used to be but how New Orleans used to be as well.

New User
quietone

[ Edited ]

Thanks for having Sherri here BethAnne!:smileyhappy:

Hi Sherri and Jacs:smileyhappy:

There was dancing in BMR?! Geez I either skipped over that part or forgot it when I read and had absorb the SCENE when I finished reading it.....

Any chance of having Satara return as a ghost or a memory in future books? I miss her snide remarks! Also... Any chance of changing Quinn's mate's name to...say Beth? hehe  jk

I loved BMR:smileyhappy:  

Beth:smileywink:     

Message Edited by quietone on 08-12-2009 02:15 AM
New User
wabbit9555
0 Kudos

Hello From Utah. I am the your biggest fan! I LOVE ALL your books, especially the Dark-hunter series!!! I LOVED Acheron and Kyrian as characters but it's almost like choosing a favorite child to say so to you, as I love all your characters so much. Your books have the perfect mixture of; historical Greek mythology with the Warriors of Rome, in a tangled luscious romance, add in some danger and it is so amazingly delicious to read about. I go to Barns & Noble and hope and pray to see anything new with your name(s) on it. I Love the stories of the tortured soul, like in most all the dark hunters lives. I must say, you really got the tears working on a woman who doesn't ever cry in Acheron's story. How do you get such brilliant ideas to write about? What made you think of the way he was raised and lived through such things? I am so affected after reading it, I am literally a different person once I finally learned his full story. How could my life ever be hard for me after reading about Acheron? PLEASE keep writing these brilliant books. I am truly addicted to the writing of my favorite Author; Sherrilyn Kenyon. Thank you for the current book Bad Moon Rising as well, I am about done with yet another awesome read!!!! When is the next one?=)

Janice Palmer

Wabbit@rome.com 

New User
LikeLightToTheFlies

Hello from Nevada. How are you?

Sadly, I cannot confess to have read all of the Dark Hunters books like everyone else here. In fact, the only one I have read SO FAR is Acheron. I remember seeing the paperback in Wal-Mart a few months back. Because of the cool cover, I naturally picked it up and read it. The back made it sound like an awesome novel, but I sadly didn't have the money to buy it, so I had to put it back. A few days later, after I'd gotten some "dough", I returned and bought it.

The next two days saw me absolutely glued to it. The only times I stopped reading was to eat, sleep, and do school work. Every free moment I had, I devoted to it. I have read a decent number of books in the eighteen years I've been alive and I can easily say that Acheron was one of the best and most original novels I have ever read. And, just a few moments ago, on your website, I read the little excerpt with Styxx and Acheron and absolutely loved it.

There are a million questions I wish I could ask, but I can see that you'll have others to answer, so I'll narrow it down to the one I want to know most: Will Acheron and Apollymi ever be able to to see eachother face to face without Apollymi destroying all of us? Because, next to the unbearably unfortunate circumstances regarding Acheron's human life and relationship with Artemis, seeing those two seperated is a real tear-jerker. Apollymi sacrificed everything and is prepared to do the same thing again for Acheron. And the only satisfaction she's had is knowing that, until Acheron beheld Apollo's rage, Acheron is still breathing. She's never really had a true mother/son relationship that I think would have really helped Acheron out with his personality before Tory came into the picture. I would love to be able to one day read, even if it's just a few sentences, an actual interaction between Acheron and Apollymi. So is that even remotely possible, or do I just have to go around and invision it in my head for the rest of my life?

I apologize for my very lengthy post. Take care!

P.S. I will read the rest of the Dark Hunter novels! I swear it! And most likely everything else you've written that I can get my hands on.

Contributor
voodoogoddess
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you Michelle for asking this question!!! Everybody just hates Artie because they think she's evil.

Hey Sherri!!!  You know this is my favorite subject!! Artie Rules!!!

I love how you answered this question.  It is also why I'm going to say that one of my new favorite character is Stone!!! Not just because it's my son's name too :smileywink:

He seems to me to have a troubled past and I can't wait to find out more about him and it. 

Looking back and remembering all your teasing, I do have to say that I think that I'm gonna like getting to know Thorn as well! I'm still picturing that guy with the wings you posted, yow!!!

I loved this book and like Jacs (waves hi to my friend) I cried at the appropriate scenes.  Thank you for sharing your gift with us.  I loved that I could, in my mind, look back to the other books and place exactly where the scene took place in each book. It was an awesome experience.

I also want to volunteer to be the one to do the paddling when Remi gets his!!! Please!! That boy needs a spanking and he needs one bad!!!

I've missed seeing you on this tour, but I'll be in Atlanta bright and early for DragonCon!

Hugs,

Marie

Message Edited by voodoogoddess on 08-12-2009 08:26 AM
Message Edited by voodoogoddess on 08-12-2009 08:30 AM
Message Edited by voodoogoddess on 08-12-2009 08:31 AM
Contributor
voodoogoddess
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hey Ayelet Louise,

This is something that we Minions talk about on a daily basis!!!

Marie

Message Edited by voodoogoddess on 08-12-2009 08:48 AM
New User
DIAMONDBLUEROSE
0 Kudos

Hello, I just started reading your books this year and I brought all the dark hunter series in two weeks and read them all, i was just wondering where can I get the rest of your books because the books stores only have the dark hunter series and i havent been able to get your new book in paperback can u tell me when it will be in paperback?
DIAMONDBLUEROSE
Contributor
WendyWP

Hi Sherrilyn,

As with the others I Have LOVED your work for many years now. One of my favorite books of all time will always be BORN IN SIN written under your Kinley MacGregor name and ACHERON. I have visited with you at many signings, some many many hours from home, and I'm always amazed at how well your remember names/faces and interact with your fans. Do you have a hard time keeping straight who is who? I know you will send hours upon hours signing books for fans long after the posted times for the event, and never rush your fans or act well like we are bothering you. But do you feel that there are times when fans, not necessarily yours, but fans in general ask too much of the authors we love? Are there times we want to know too much about our favorite authors' personal lives and that you all give up too much of your family time for us?

What has been the most fun event to date that you've done?

If fans could do one thing for you, related to personal or to the books what would be the one thing you'd most want us fans to do?

I want you to know how very much I admire you and love your writing, you are an inspiration to me  in many ways and not just with your writing.

hugs,

WendyK

WendyK
www.mybookaddictionandmore.wordpress.com
New User
Goblinchild
0 Kudos

Well, as a BIG fan of the DH universe where no one is 100% evil ( except maybe Kessar? lol ), I have a question about Urian ( ex-daimon now ... other? ). Was Urian an Aglekos Daimon like his friend Davyn? Or did he change his "diet" when he married Phoebe in any way besides maybe hunting a lot more since he was feeding two instead of just one? Or like many of us theorize, he "ate" whomever he could get and Phoebe and he had a "don't ask, don't tell" policy betwen them? That ended up as a big ole ramble, but thank you for writing these books and for giving me any answers you may be able to. Goblinchild "Muse of Sarcasm"
New User
Goblinchild
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
@ Quietone : YES! Good question. Satara was just so horrible at the end and I totally lost any sympathy with what she had planned for Tory. However, I don't think having Artemis as a surrogate parent helped her out much in that department. Plus, seeing Stryker...CRY.. dude, only made me love the guy more.
Message Edited by Goblinchild on 08-12-2009 11:36 AM
Message Edited by Goblinchild on 08-12-2009 11:37 AM
Contributor
Valorie35
0 Kudos

Hi Sherrilyn!

I'm a huge fan of the DH series! I just finished BMR and LOVED IT! I simply could not put it down! I am of course breathlessly awaiting the next DH story. I've read some threads about a Nick saga? Will that be the next one out? I'm dying to read Jaden's story.... I keep hoping he pops up in each book you release! Oh and Sav!! I'd love to read more about him too... Well jeez I could go on, and on.... Anyway I just wanted to say Kudos to you girl!! Another great DH read!! Keep up the great writing, you know we are all turning blue waiting for the next book!

Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! What a terrific bunch of visitors, comments, and questions we have today. I'll be reading through everything now and know that Sherrilyn will be absolutely thrilled when she sees all of these new posts. 

By the way, if you haven't read Bad Moon Rising yet, you have a treat in store.

Bethanne 

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!

0 Kudos

AyeletLouise wrote:

Hello,

I love, love, love the Dark Hunter Series.  Thank you for writing them.  True Blood has been very successful moving to the TV screen.  Do you think the Dark Hunters will make it to cable TV too?  The Dark Hunter world is a very compelling world that I think would translate well to the screen.  And, think of the fun you will have casting all of the characters.

Thanks!

Ayelet Louise

Ayelet Louise, you anticipated a question of mine...think of all the fun (and headaches!) the costume designer on the series would have!
Bethanne 

0 Kudos

amgi3909 wrote:

Hi this is for sherrilyn I have just started your dark hunter series and I am confussed a bit. I just got done with dance with the devil and wanted to get the next book kiss of the night but could not find it. so I found unleash the night. Would it mess me up to read the books out of order. Can you tell me what order they should be in and if it makes a different the order. I mean I also got acheron book and i really want to read that to but i don't want to mess anything up regarding the plots. I have been on your web site confussed can you help me out.

thanks April

Amgi3909, the books are listed in correct reading order in the front of each one...Here is the correct reading order for the "Dark Hunter" series, from Sherrilyn's web site (scroll down to bottom of page for the list). 
Bethanne 

0 Kudos

Jacs1 wrote:

*Thanks Bethanne for hosting Sherri this week :smileyhappy:*

Hey Babe! *waves at Sherri* Glad you made it home safe and sound!

First off. You suck for making me cry so much during BMR. From the time you showed us Anya's death from Fang's POV until the end I think I used a box of kleenex. I'm sure you must have stock in that company! :smileywink:

You know what I thought of BMR. But in case you need reminding: I. Loved. It. :smileyhappy:

Fave new character: Toss up between Thorn and Zeke. Both were very intriguing

Hottest scene IMHO: Chapter 16 - That shaving scene. Hawt.

Most romantic scene: Chapter 21 - When they danced. I really felt like I was intruding on their privacy (more so than their lovemaking scenes lol!)

Most devastating line (again IMHO): I am so broken. (Poor Aimee!)

I just heard your baby bro's song for Fang and Aimee (fantastic btw) but I'm curious...what other songs were on the BMR playlist as you wrote? How do you pick the tunes that inspire you?

Hi Jacs1...that scene with Anya was definitely a tough one. Thanks for your kind words, and it's great to have Sherrilyn here.
Bethanne 

0 Kudos

quietone wrote:

Thanks for having Sherri here BethAnne!:smileyhappy:

Hi Sherri and Jacs:smileyhappy:

There was dancing in BMR?! Geez I either skipped over that part or forgot it when I read and had absorb the SCENE when I finished reading it.....

Any chance of having Satara return as a ghost or a memory in future books? I miss her snide remarks! Also... Any chance of changing Quinn's mate's name to...say Beth? hehe  jk

I loved BMR:smileyhappy:  

Beth:smileywink:     

Message Edited by quietone on 08-12-2009 02:15 AM

Hello there quietone...We're all enjoying Sherrilyn's visit so much this week. Thanks for stopping by and asking some questions! Love your last one, hehe.
Bethanne 

0 Kudos

Bethann thank you for hosting Sherri!

Sherri, first and foremost, thank you so much for putting the DH world together! I haven't read BMR yet, but I hope to do so soon. I didn't make it to any of your book signings but my bookstore did have a *signed* copy of Acheron that I got for Mother's day (yayy!). I love Vane's book, and I've been waiting since then to read Fang's story. I'm trying to get caught up with the more recent books before reading this last one, and I can't wait! There are lots of characters I love (some not right away) that I won't list them here. I have to confess though that I get Jaden and Jared mixed up all the time (sorry).

Will you be doing any more books in manga? Will any of them make it to the screen? I love your stories, and I am glad you don't have a limit on how many books you will be writing. Keep up the good work!

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Sherrilyn-Kenyon wrote:

Michelle,

I think I have so much empathy for them because like us, they are people. They have faults and setbacks in their lives the same as we do. There have a  rhyme and reason for being evil. If we dig deep enough, we can find their redeeming quality. 

Thanks, Sherri! I'll let dark_revival know your answer! -- Michelle (H2H)

Check out BN.com's NEW Romance blog, Heart to Heart! (H2H)