Author
Sophie-Kinsella
0 Kudos

Re: Sophie Kinsella, August 24-28

Hi Cheryl

I have never studied novel-writing (can you tell?!) However many years ago I went on the Robert McKee screen-writing seminar Story which has lots of useful ideas for structure. They can be applied to novels too. So I would recommend that.

Sophie 

Author
Sophie-Kinsella
0 Kudos

Hi Liz

I was never one of those kids who 'knew' they would become a writer. But reading other people's books in my 20s, I thought 'I want to have a go at that'. It was just an instinct. And as soon as I started, I loved it.

I wrote my first book and sent it off to two agents whose names I got from the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook. I was lucky enough that they both got in contact - I think I just wrote the right thing at the right time. I signed with one and am still with her today. I didn't have any contacts or knowledge of the publishing industry  - so it can happen!

Sophie 

New User
cheryl27
0 Kudos

Thanks Sophie.  I see he has a book so may have to get that
Inspired Correspondent
Bethanne
0 Kudos

Many many thanks to Sophie Kinsella for a terrific week on Center Stage -- and thanks as well to all of you readers who joined in and offered up your questions and comments for Kinsella.

Join us next week for time with Joseph Finder, whose latest thriller is Vanished!

Have great weekends, everyone --

Bethanne

Check out this week's Center Stage discussion!

See all upcoming discussions!