Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

Re: Suzanne Brockmann, August 3-7

Hey, gang!

I'm going to pop away for a bit and pack up some more of my office.

Ack!

But I do have to share that I had a meeting today with my friend Barry who's writing the music for LOOKING FOR BILLY HAINES, and he finished the arrangement of the Big Tap Number, and it's amazing!  I'm so psyched!  

More later,

Suz

Learn more about Hot Pursuit.

Discover all Suzanne Brockmann titles.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Suzanne_Brockmann wrote:

Hey, gang!

I'm going to pop away for a bit and pack up some more of my office.

Ack!

But I do have to share that I had a meeting today with my friend Barry who's writing the music for LOOKING FOR BILLY HAINES, and he finished the arrangement of the Big Tap Number, and it's amazing!  I'm so psyched!  

More later,

Suz

Oh, packing is the worst job ever. My sympathies.

That's so exciting -- keep us updated with any YouTube links! 

Contributor
HMareeDavis
0 Kudos

Commiserations on the packing, I've had to do it a time or twenty and the office is the absolute worst room to do.

H! :smileyhappy:
Contributor
TraceyW
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

I'm in.  If you find another Suz gathering spot let me know:smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Tracey

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Suzanne will be back with us, live, in a little while -- go ahead and post questions or comments for her now and she will respond to you when she gets back. Glad to have you all with us!

I just started a new MySpace page under my real name, Becke Davis (I already have one under my pen name) so I can talk about Suzanne's visit, Barnes and Noble's book clubs and books, books, books. I have nooooo friends there, so come keep me company: http://www.myspace.com/492379785

Message Edited by becke_davis on 08-04-2009 06:33 PM
New User
Kriscita
0 Kudos

Hi Suzanne!

I love the TS series!  I first read Hot Target and then earlier this year after DON, I went back and read the whole series in order (including ones I already read) and I'm excited about Hot Pursuit-I'm sure it's going to be just as awesome as all the others.(I'll be starting it tomorrow-yay!!!)

I'm definitely on the bandwagon for a Deck/Tracy short story as they're right up there with Sam/Alyssa and Jules and Robin for favorite status.

Do you know going in who a character is going to end up with?  For example, did you always have Tracy in the back of your mind for Deck or was it just not working with Sophia?

Thanks for taking the time to chat.

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Tracey - I'm back - I've been noodling around on the internet looking for good places - becke mentioned her spot. I've been kind of busy today, but I'll keep looking.

Hi Suz(when you come back) - I sort of can tell you are in the midst of about 63 different things, but when you have a minute - what are you reading now? Any new authors that have caught your eye? What's your favorite other genre -  would you consider writing books in another category? If I don't get back on this week - have a good (and safe) trip to FLA......Anne B

Contributor
Aza_T
0 Kudos

becke - i just tried to add you as a friend on myspace and it's saying you only accept friends you know your email address..... help.  

suz - have fun packing, it is the pits.  just think though you could be living here in the glorious bullhead city, az and packing in 109 degree weather.....

aza 

New User
Random_Reader
0 Kudos

Even using similar formats for your books - small subset of POV characters used to tell each scene as they come along - each one is still written differently somehow.  With the WWII subplots, you used dementia, letters, a memoir, storytelling, etc... to bring that subplot in.  In the later stories, you still manage to make each book have its own structure somehow.  How do you come up with continual tweaks to the structure and format to make each story new, without driving yourself nuts or making it too different from what readers are expecting.  For the record, the flashbacks in Breaking Point didn't bother me unless I tried to add the dates up :smileyhappy:

On a related note, I've been reading Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers" which strongly emphasises how important it is not just to do a lot of something, but to do it deliberately, making time for analysis of how you do it, with the intent of getting better.  What do you do as a writer to improve your craft from book to book? 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Aza_T wrote:

becke - i just tried to add you as a friend on myspace and it's saying you only accept friends you know your email address..... help.  

suz - have fun packing, it is the pits.  just think though you could be living here in the glorious bullhead city, az and packing in 109 degree weather.....

aza 

Thanks, Aza - I'll go change that setting right now!

Back again -- okay, I had already selected no "captcha" or other security requirements. I wonder what the problem is -- grrr. 

Message Edited by becke_davis on 08-04-2009 08:37 PM
New User
tk08
0 Kudos

Thanks Suz!

I read any novel with your name on it! If you ever decide to bring a tv series to life, I would absolutely watch it!

Sej
Contributor
Sej
0 Kudos

Hi Suz!  
Thanks!  I'm super excited that Deck and Tracy will have a story.  I can't wait.  I'm really loving those two.
I'm also looking forward to hearing more about the trilogy you got planned.  I know you can't talk about it, but I know for sure that I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it.   Is it a paranormal?  (sorry couldn't resist!) 
 Sej 

New User
Julianne125
0 Kudos

Hi Suz!

Loved the book--and was a big fan of Maria! Hoping she shows up again with Izzy. My heart goes out to Eden, but she'll still be only 19. Will Jenn be getting spiffed up a bit before Dan comes back? Not that she's not perfectly lovely as is--but if I had a hot SEAL comin' back after a few months? It'd be perfectly realistic to pop over to the MAC counter, get a great haircut, maybe ask someone at Nordstrom which jeans would look good, etc. Just sayin'. :smileyhappy:

Max and Gina though. Still my favorites.

Many thanks for your books!

Julianne

Contributor
SamRo
0 Kudos

Suz,

Oh my Oh me.  I was so excited to get my latest autographed TS.  I wait patiently for the next installment and then when I get it I try not to read too fast.  I savor it like the  fine wine that it is.  I am utterly addicted to all of the people in your books.  Thank you so much for Jennilyn and Dan.  Last time I posted on bn when DON came out I asked you to throw a big girl a bone.  (literally).  So many of the emotions are completely true to heart.  I LOOOVE this book. You are forever my favorite, and I can't Stand waiting for the next book. Lopez needs some lovin too.

Thank you for many hours of entertainment, starting way back with Tom and Kelly.

Forever a fan

Samantha

Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

Hey, gang!

Ed took me out to dinner tonight (an early anniversary dinner!) and we got back a little later than I'd anticipated.

Because I spent quite a bit of time on this board earlier today, I'm going to call it a night and be back to answer your questions first thing in the morning!  (With my coffee in hand!)

See you then!

Learn more about Hot Pursuit.

Discover all Suzanne Brockmann titles.
Contributor
SamRo
0 Kudos

So Sorry I got carried away and forgot to ask my question.  I remember something  on your website about a full collection of the TS short stories.  Was that something that your were working on putting together or something that already happened and is not offered anymore?  Or am I dreaming?

Thanks

Samantha

Contributor
Aza_T
0 Kudos

suz - i was thinking on my way to get dinner about how we were inside the dentist's head in hp, and it reminded me of another book i read about a serial killer and got me to thinking, where/how do you come up with the dementedness (it's the only word i can come up with right now) of the killer?  do you have hidden psychopathic tendencies we don't know about??

the book i was thinking of is heartsick by chelsea cain, which has one whacked serial killer in it if you are interested.

aza 

Contributor
Aza_T
0 Kudos

happy early anniversary to you and ed!! 
New User
IdahoPrincess45
0 Kudos

Hello to Suzanne,

I just finished painting my new office, I am into week two and the whole house is a mess but now things are coming together better then ever, so good luck, I know you will love your new look.

Painting has only slowed me down but I just finished 'Hot Target'. I have to tell you I read most of the books in the Trouble Shooters series out of order so I know how the romantic angle works out but the suspense was a big surprise that I didn't see coming and was very exciting to the last page. So tell your readers they don’t have to read your books in order to enjoy them.

You were a happy experiment, in the past I only read men authors for my suspense books, only men can write good suspense - wrong, so that’s one more myth exploded!

My favorite couple, like everyone I love Jules & Robin and Sam & Alyssa, but I would like to read more about Mary Lou - she is a very strong female character, Sam through her back to soon - and her new husband Abraham ( I know this is spelled wrong), I am sure they have some interesting life together consider their different backgrounds.

Still Reading, Suzan

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Happy Anniversary to you and Ed -- we'll see you in the morning! Good night, all!