Contributor
shazy131
0 Kudos

Re: Suzanne Brockmann, August 3-7

Hi Suz,

Sam and Alyssa have to be my favorite, with Ken and Van, Jules and Robin (though it took me a while to like Robin - I didn't like the way he hurt Jules.....) and Rose and Hank all tied for 2nd! Everyone else is tied for 3rd. It is sooooo hard to choose, because I love all the characters.

I do want to pipe in and stick up for Izzy - I adore him and think he is very misunderstood. And what he tried to do for Eden definitley puts him in the maturing column. And if he matures more, I don't want to see him lose his humor or his habit to break into song. I am not happy with the way Gillman treats him and hope that Izzy puts him in his place.

It feels so funny talking about these characters like this, but that is the way you write Suz - you make them all so real, it feels like they are our firends.

New User
MariTanner
0 Kudos

Glad to hear I am not the only person who thinks of these characters as real people. I get emotional about them while reading (and re-reading) the books. Not sure that I could pick a favorite couple - I love them all.

Suz - women come in all shapes and sizes with great sex appeal. How about a tall, curvy woman? Or a mid-height chubby girl? We aren't all perfectly sized or shaped but I believe all women want to feel sexy and wanted.

Keep writing!!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Suz -I'm loving all the messagesYou are one of my favorites - I almost hold my breath for the last week before a new book comes out. I agree with Anthony'sMom about characters changing as the books go on. In the beginning, I didn't like Izzy much, but in HP we almost see another "layer to the onion". Interms of favorite couples - how come no one mentioned Nash & Tess ??? I finished HP over the weekend and just started Otherwise Engaged todayKeep up the good work and I hope that when you have more details about the show in NYC - please post the info on your website - it sounds like a great playThanks for great reads...Anne B
New User
MariTanner
0 Kudos

Almost forget - how about more parajumpers? Seals are awesome but the men needed to rescue them....WOW - that is hot stuff.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

shazy131 wrote:

Hi Suz,

Sam and Alyssa have to be my favorite, with Ken and Van, Jules and Robin (though it took me a while to like Robin - I didn't like the way he hurt Jules.....) and Rose and Hank all tied for 2nd! Everyone else is tied for 3rd. It is sooooo hard to choose, because I love all the characters.

I do want to pipe in and stick up for Izzy - I adore him and think he is very misunderstood. And what he tried to do for Eden definitley puts him in the maturing column. And if he matures more, I don't want to see him lose his humor or his habit to break into song. I am not happy with the way Gillman treats him and hope that Izzy puts him in his place.

It feels so funny talking about these characters like this, but that is the way you write Suz - you make them all so real, it feels like they are our firends.

Shazy - You've hit the nail on the head. They do seem real -- maybe because we get to know them with all of their flaws. I would love to meet these people in real life!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

MariTanner wrote:

Glad to hear I am not the only person who thinks of these characters as real people. I get emotional about them while reading (and re-reading) the books. Not sure that I could pick a favorite couple - I love them all.

Suz - women come in all shapes and sizes with great sex appeal. How about a tall, curvy woman? Or a mid-height chubby girl? We aren't all perfectly sized or shaped but I believe all women want to feel sexy and wanted.

Keep writing!!

While Tracy, Sophia and Alyssa are pretty glam, a lot of Suzanne's heroines are ordinary women, which is one reason I was drawn to this series early on. I also like the way she includes all different nationalities, backgrounds, etc. - a real melting pot.

Message Edited by becke_davis on 08-03-2009 05:57 PM
becke_davis
0 Kudos

MariTanner wrote:
Almost forget - how about more parajumpers? Seals are awesome but the men needed to rescue them....WOW - that is hot stuff.
Hmmm. Maybe a whole new series?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Suzanne Brockmann, August 3-7 **spoilers for earlier books**

AnthonysMom wrote:

You are so right Becke.

I was convinced that Sophia and Decker were made for each other and when she paired her up with Dave? It soo worked for me. I also thought Izzy was going to be with Tracy. Then she paired her with Decker. I loved it!

I admit I always felt a little sorry for Mary Lou. She always seemed to be seraching for something and Sam was not it. I was happy that she got a HEA.

**spoilers if you haven't read the earlier books** 
The minute we started getting Dave's POV, I suspected something was up. At first, I fought it -- hard to shift those preconceived ideas -- but, darned if she wasn't right. Dave is perfect for Sophia and Tracy and Decker are perfect together!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:
Hi Suz -I'm loving all the messagesYou are one of my favorites - I almost hold my breath for the last week before a new book comes out. I agree with Anthony'sMom about characters changing as the books go on. In the beginning, I didn't like Izzy much, but in HP we almost see another "layer to the onion". Interms of favorite couples - how come no one mentioned Nash & Tess ??? I finished HP over the weekend and just started Otherwise Engaged todayKeep up the good work and I hope that when you have more details about the show in NYC - please post the info on your website - it sounds like a great playThanks for great reads...Anne B
Don't you just love the onion layering in these books? I'm awed by the way we peel back on layer, only to reveal another -- and so on, and so on -- for fifteen books and counting!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I know I've missed responding to a few of you, but Suzanne can respond better than I can, and she's the one you want to hear from! She's taking a break right now but she'll be back with us later this evening. Keep posting the questions!
Contributor
WestM
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

WestM wrote:

Suz,

You swear you're coming back to TS. You swear you won't leave us hanging about Jay, and Jazz and Commander Jawline. You swear this won't become TDD all over again. So here's what you can do to make us really, really believe you- take the Oath of Whedon (what? You've never heard of it?) Swear on your love for all things Joss, and even possibly his life, that you will not abandon TS.

Yikes - the Oath of Whedon? I don't think Suzanne needs to swear not to abandon TS. I'm sure she loves those characters as much as we do, since she gave birth to them. Can you imagine how they'd nag at her if she stopped writing their stories? It would be like that movie Stranger than Fiction, with Will Ferrell and Emma Thompson. (**Twilight Zone theme plays**)

Nope, sorry Becke. Only the Oath of Whedon will do. See, I don't trust them to speak up and bug her. I thought Tasha would have driven her crazy trying to get her HEA with Thomas, but has that happened? Not that we know of. And Jay, Jazz and Cmdr. Jawline are much, much quieter than Tash. So, nope. No go. I want the Oath of Whedon.

New User
tk08
0 Kudos

Hi Suz,

Do you have any plans to turn any of your TS novels or any of your novels into movies?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
(**backing away with hands up**) I surrender, WestM! I'll let Suzanne respond to this herself, but be careful -- she might set Izzy on you!
Message Edited by becke_davis on 08-03-2009 06:24 PM
Contributor
WestM
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
(**backing away with hands up**) I surrender, WestM! I'll let Suzanne respond to this herself, but be careful -- she might set Izzy on you!
Message Edited by becke_davis on 08-03-2009 06:24 PM

Ooh, you might want to beg her not too. See, I'm kinda the girl version of Izzy (except for marrying my friends' knockup little sisters. I don't do that). I'm really, really obnoxious, but also funny, and I too have a song for every occasion. I also share his love for that complete dorkfest, "The Night Chicago Died". We could walk around all day and sing together. Just think about that.
Contributor
HMareeDavis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just wanted to congratulate Suz on yet another brilliantly written book. Loved Hot Pursuit as much as everything else Brockmann! (Except perhaps for Hot Target, my all time favourite for no particular reason . . . Cosmo . . . Jules POV . . . Cosmo's mother . . . alright, for too many reasons to list.)

I've said before that if Suz wrote cereal box copy the family would eat breakfast 3 meals a day. I'm sure they'll be glad that she's turning to new projects that won't affect their eating patterns. 

Looking forward to seeing where Suz takes us next.

Message Edited by HMareeDavis on 08-03-2009 06:44 PM
H! :smileyhappy:
Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I'm still laughing at the stapled pages. Did you do that for your parents, too? 

Becke,

Totally no stapled pages for my parents.  But it did take me a long time to actually send my mom the first romance I wrote.   But my mom kept bugging me and I finally sent it.  (She loved it!)  She and my dad, both, are super supportive.

Hey, my computer is freaking out -- it will not let me type an apostrophe so I cannot speak unlike a robot.  I gotta shut everything down and restart, see if that helps.  Back in a bit...

Learn more about Hot Pursuit.

Discover all Suzanne Brockmann titles.
Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

WestM wrote:

Suz,

You swear you're coming back to TS. You swear you won't leave us hanging about Jay, and Jazz and Commander Jawline. You swear this won't become TDD all over again. So here's what you can do to make us really, really believe you- take the Oath of Whedon (what? You've never heard of it?) Swear on your love for all things Joss, and even possibly his life, that you will not abandon TS.

Yikes, West.

How about if I promise, based on my undying love for Jules Cassidy, that I won"t be able to stay away from the series?  

Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

amylynnTX wrote:

Hi Suzanne,

Just finished HP over the weekend and LOVED it. Still not sure about Dan...and I am not sure what it says about me that Izzy makes perfect sense to me! Can't wait for his book! Started my reread of the series till I make it back to HP to try and catch all the little tidbits I missed the first time. Although I suspect it will take several rereads. Looking forward to all your future books!!!! I also want to thank you for your virtual signings. It is the only way I can get a sign copy.

Thanks for the great books!!!

Amy

P.S. Hope your move goes well...Everytime I move or help someone move it rains. Don't know why but it always seems to work out that way.

Hey, Amy!

Izzy makes sense to me, too, so I"m with you.  (Crap, restarted my computer, and I"m still getting sent into a find program whenever I hit the you-know-what key.)  I think it might be time to go use my laptop...  But first I"ll answer your post!

I"m glad you enjoy the virtual signings.  It"s always fun to see repeat names, time after time.  Maybe next time I"ll make a videoblog, recording the entire process from my end.  Addressing all the envelopes, picking up the books from the bookstore, bringing them home and fitting them into my dining room, and then the actual signing, packaging and the trip to the PO.  (Trips to the PO.  500 plus books take up a lot of space in the car!)

Author
Suzanne_Brockmann
0 Kudos

AnthonysMom wrote:

Thanks for the response!

Re: Maria

I guess you are right, we did not get to see what she is really thinking. But, he is married and off limits. I guess I got mad at her so to speak because she was hitting on him, lol.

Re: Danny and Jenn

I hope Danny realizes what a catch Jennilyn (LOVE the name, btw) is. I loved Jenn. I loved that Danny was attracted to Jenn. Can't wait to read more....

Re: Izzy

I like how you are peeling the layers off of his character slowly. I would love to hear more about his childhood and how he operates as a SEAL. What is his speciality? Like Jenk is the gifted liar/radio guy (lol), Duke is a sniper, Jay, corpsman, etc... I remember in ITF it was said he wasn't known as a marksman in the teams so that got me curious.

Oh, how is Cosmo these days? I miss him.

RE:  Maria...

Remember there"s a lot of time spent in this book where she"s off screen, so to speak.  She spent a lot of time with Lopez and Tony and she may have been given the info that the situation with Eden is perceived to be hopeless.  (I think Izzy tells her as much, too.)  So here"s this guy that she finds attractive for a number of reasons, and she"s thinking "I can save him a trip to Germany..."

Re:  Izzy.  You"ll definitely hear more about him in the next book!

Contributor
WestM
0 Kudos

Yikes, West.

How about if I promise, based on my undying love for Jules Cassidy, that I won"t be able to stay away from the series?  

Okay. The Oath of Jules Cassidy will work in place of the Oath of Whedon.