Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Thanks to Claire and the group!

Claire, from all of us, thanks so very much for this strange and wonderful novel, and for taking part in our discussion! You've answered our questions from the particulars of New York subway stink to the particulars buried in the heart of a twenty-something college dropout! It's been great to have your voice here.

And to the group, I hope to see you again soon, and thanks so much for your participation!
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks!

rkubie wrote:
Claire, from all of us, thanks so very much for this strange and wonderful novel, and for taking part in our discussion! You've answered our questions from the particulars of New York subway stink to the particulars buried in the heart of a twenty-something college dropout! It's been great to have your voice here.

And to the group, I hope to see you again soon, and thanks so much for your participation!
And thank you, Rachel, for moderating and providing the structure for discussion!! Do enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done.
"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks to Claire and the group!

Thank you, Rachel, for providing such thought-provoking questions that inspired very intriguing threads.

Thank you, Claire Messud, for sharing your thoughts and your time with us. I have enjoyed reading some of your other books. I especially enjoyed WHEN THE WORLD WAS STEADY. Your keen insight into the darker side of human nature opened up many windows for me.

Thank you, fellow readers, in sharing your comments. I had no idea how controversial a well-written book can be.
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Claire, thanks so much for a wonderful book and for spending time with us here. Your insights made my appreciation of the book even greater.

My thanks to Rachel for the thoughtful questions and to everyone for sharing their thoughts. They were varied, which made for an interesting discussion.
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Frequent Contributor
Pat_T
0 Kudos

I also would like to add my thanks to Claire Messud, Rachael for the great questions and everyone who participated in the discussion. It showed me things I wouldn't have noticed in the book and helped me appreciate the characters and plot more than I would have on my own. It makes it more interesting to share different points of view like we did here, and I know I changed my mind about some characters, or had a better understanding of the book after reading the posts and Claire's comments. Thank you. Pat
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Pat_T wrote:
I also would like to add my thanks to Claire Messud, Rachael for the great questions and everyone who participated in the discussion. It showed me things I wouldn't have noticed in the book and helped me appreciate the characters and plot more than I would have on my own. It makes it more interesting to share different points of view like we did here, and I know I changed my mind about some characters, or had a better understanding of the book after reading the posts and Claire's comments. Thank you. Pat
Agreed! You summarized the experience well for us; at least, for me! Thanks!
"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 257 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: