New User
sharpone101
0 Kudos

Reading for fun, what should I read next? If i like uncle tom's cabin

I have been reading Uncle tom's cabin and really enjoy it. I'm getting close to the end and need to choose another book. Please tell me what you think I should read next.

I'm just reading for fun.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Reading for fun, what should I read next? If i like uncle tom's cabin

I'm sorry that I can not remember the authors name. But the man who wrote the Brer Rabbit tales, also has excellent slave folk tales. I treasured a book my uncle gave me that had the Brer on one side and you flipped it for the folk tales.
Scribe
Laurel
0 Kudos

Booker T. Washington's autobiography, Up from Slavery, is a wonderful story.

sharpone101 wrote:

I have been reading Uncle tom's cabin and really enjoy it. I'm getting close to the end and need to choose another book. Please tell me what you think I should read next.

I'm just reading for fun.

"Truth must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind, and therefore is congenial to it." ~~G.K. Chesterton
Scribe
Laurel
0 Kudos

Joel Chandler Harris.

TiggerBear wrote:
I'm sorry that I can not remember the authors name. But the man who wrote the Brer Rabbit tales, also has excellent slave folk tales. I treasured a book my uncle gave me that had the Brer on one side and you flipped it for the folk tales.

"Truth must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind, and therefore is congenial to it." ~~G.K. Chesterton
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ah, Thank You.