New User
EscapeJH
0 Kudos

What are the books for September, October, & September?

I am new to this book club, actually, I have never belong to one. I wasn't sure what the currents books are because they have a 2006(I think) date. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, EscapeJH
EscapeJH
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: What are the books for September, October, & September?

Hi EscapeJH, and welcome to Classics!  Sorry about that old post that is pinned at the top of the board; it is confusing, but nobody here has access to change that.  Some of the genre boards here have moderators, but this one does not, so it is run by the members.

Desert_Brat recently posted about the October and November selectsion:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Classics/Coming-up-for-October-and-November/m-p/1164678/messa...

In September, a 2-month discussion of Gone with the Wind is finishing up.

Around November, people can nominate books for the next months, and vote on them.

Chad also does his own discussions; right now he is reading some things by Robert Louis Stevenson, and there may be a post where he says what he will be reading next.  I think he follows his own schedule, so it's not strictly by month.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Frequent Contributor
chad
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Hi EscapeJH, and welcome to Classics!  Sorry about that old post that is pinned at the top of the board; it is confusing, but nobody here has access to change that.  Some of the genre boards here have moderators, but this one does not, so it is run by the members.

Desert_Brat recently posted about the October and November selectsion:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Classics/Coming-up-for-October-and-November/m-p/1164678/messa...

In September, a 2-month discussion of Gone with the Wind is finishing up.

Around November, people can nominate books for the next months, and vote on them.

Chad also does his own discussions; right now he is reading some things by Robert Louis Stevenson, and there may be a post where he says what he will be reading next.  I think he follows his own schedule, so it's not strictly by month.

Stevenson likes to write about the "dark side", so I thought I would stick with Stevenson up until around Halloween. After that, I think it's "This Side of Paradise" by F. Scott. Fitzgerald. Feel free to comment or start your own thread! I think we should offer a variety of discussions.

Chad

New User
Urizen
0 Kudos

What's the current book and topic!  I would really like to join in on the discussion!

Thanks!

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

October, November

Hi Urizen,

For October we're reading The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emuska Orczy

In November we'll be reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

I believe Chad also posted a lineup of his reading list, but I don't see the post.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
New User
Urizen
0 Kudos

Re: October, November

Thank you so much!  I will plan on joining in on the discussion for November's selection!  I really look forward to participating!