Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
EscapeJH
0 Kudos

What are the books for September, October, & September?

I am new to this book club, actually, I have never belong to one. I wasn't sure what the currents books are because they have a 2006(I think) date. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, EscapeJH
EscapeJH
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: What are the books for September, October, & September?

Hi EscapeJH, and welcome to Classics!  Sorry about that old post that is pinned at the top of the board; it is confusing, but nobody here has access to change that.  Some of the genre boards here have moderators, but this one does not, so it is run by the members.

Desert_Brat recently posted about the October and November selectsion:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Classics/Coming-up-for-October-and-November/m-p/1164678/messa...

In September, a 2-month discussion of Gone with the Wind is finishing up.

Around November, people can nominate books for the next months, and vote on them.

Chad also does his own discussions; right now he is reading some things by Robert Louis Stevenson, and there may be a post where he says what he will be reading next.  I think he follows his own schedule, so it's not strictly by month.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Frequent Contributor
chad
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Hi EscapeJH, and welcome to Classics!  Sorry about that old post that is pinned at the top of the board; it is confusing, but nobody here has access to change that.  Some of the genre boards here have moderators, but this one does not, so it is run by the members.

Desert_Brat recently posted about the October and November selectsion:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Classics/Coming-up-for-October-and-November/m-p/1164678/messa...

In September, a 2-month discussion of Gone with the Wind is finishing up.

Around November, people can nominate books for the next months, and vote on them.

Chad also does his own discussions; right now he is reading some things by Robert Louis Stevenson, and there may be a post where he says what he will be reading next.  I think he follows his own schedule, so it's not strictly by month.

Stevenson likes to write about the "dark side", so I thought I would stick with Stevenson up until around Halloween. After that, I think it's "This Side of Paradise" by F. Scott. Fitzgerald. Feel free to comment or start your own thread! I think we should offer a variety of discussions.

Chad

New User
Urizen
0 Kudos

What's the current book and topic!  I would really like to join in on the discussion!

Thanks!

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

October, November

Hi Urizen,

For October we're reading The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emuska Orczy

In November we'll be reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

I believe Chad also posted a lineup of his reading list, but I don't see the post.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
New User
Urizen
0 Kudos

Re: October, November

Thank you so much!  I will plan on joining in on the discussion for November's selection!  I really look forward to participating!